Green Mountain is a private, Christian college located in Poultney, Vermont. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 480 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Green Mountain acceptance rate is 79%. Popular majors include Liberal Arts and Humanities, Environmental Studies, and Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies. Graduating 49% of students, Green Mountain alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $21,500.
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.19 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities19 Graduates
Environmental Studies17 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies14 Graduates
Business Administration and Management11 Graduates
Hotel and Resort Management8 Graduates
Managerial Economics8 Graduates
Environmental Architecture and Design6 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.14 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.20 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.8 responses
Green Mountain College Reviews
Green Mountain College has a beautiful campus, great location for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, amazing food in the dining hall, and knowledgeable professors in the classrooms. I couldn't want for much more!
I love my school, the location, the people and the goals and mission of the school. I think that what GMC is doing is very important!
Green Mountain College has a beautiful campus and so many knowledgeable professors. I thoroughly enjoyed the subject matter of the courses I took, as well as the few extracurricular activities I was involved in.