Grand Valley State University Reviews

3,550 reviews
Grand Valley is a great school, a great mix of focusing on school while still being able to have fun and enjoy being in college.
Excellent small town feel. Great atmosphere if you’re looking for a smaller hometown feel. Teachers and classes were all great. Overall top notch experience.
I absolutely enjoyed my 4 years at this university. I learned so much about myself and how to accept other from different cultures and ethnic groups. I learned what it was like to be surrounded by people that I had never met in my life and I was able to learn so much from their way of life. I met many professors who I've used as references and for letters of recommendation. For the most part, I had understanding professors who knew that sometimes life gets in the way and they were willing to work around that with their students. I definitely enjoyed the football and basketball games as well as the different activities that were available during "exam cram" as students prepared for finals. I could go on and on but, in short; it definitely lives up to its name as one of the best universities.
Start Your Review of Grand Valley State University
Everyone here is very supportive and accepting of all decisions. The student life is warm and welcoming. The athletics are great and there is something for everyone.
I love the smaller campus but everything you would get at a bigger campus. Classes are challenging but help prepare your in you major. There are resources for just about every interest. People are friendly and easy to meet. There are many options for housing, activities, clubs.
Staff is personable, all genuinely caring and I get frequent emails of different departments checking up!
I'm a freshman and I am so happy I chose GVSU. I love the atmosphere here and I can tell my professors really care about my achievements
I really enjoy grand valley, I honestly don't have anything I would change. The price of course and possibly the food. parking could be improved, it is sometimes very difficult to find a parking spot.
The facility is very modern. The library has a robot that helps with books which is wonderful. The robot helps get books for the librarian behind her desk. The atmosphere is amazing and all the students and teachers are always helpful. Dorms are awesome with lots of space and some dorms even have AC.
Really enjoy GVSU. The campus is easy to get around. Working for campus dining is very convenient, three minutes from my dorm, for spending money. Professors are very helpful and understanding.
Good teachers but the financial aid department is less than helpful, and was responsible for not distributing 3,000 in scholarship money to me during my stint.
Grand Valley is a great return on investment for any student. The campus has fantastic academic and athletic programs as well as excellent professors. It's a great mix between having the resources of a larger school without feeling overwhelmed.
My time at Grand Valley was amazing. Great professors, great sports/intramural facilities, extremely nice buildings, great food options, great social life opportunities, and lots of clubs you can join. Best 4 years of my life.
GVSU is a very welcoming university that has a variety of majors. The only ‘scary’ part is that both the downtown and Allendale campuses are very large. Making it confusing to find building and the correct classroom! The plus side to a larger campus is the beautiful views throughout the changing seasons! My favorite from my first semester was fall because all of the trees were different fall color leaves!
Grand Valley State University is an excellent school and by far one of the best decisions i have ever made. I get so excited talking about Grand Valley whenever someone asks about it. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved, like Greek Life, intramural sport teams, and clubs for any and all majors! The campus takes 10 to 15 minutes to walk across so everything is in a very convenient location. Also Grand Valley prides itself on being named one of the country's most environmentally responsible colleges by The Princeton Review. Everyone i have talked to that has went to Grand Valley says it is one of the best universities in the state of Michigan. I am proud to be a student at Grand Valley and I cannot wait for what the future brings me because of my decision of going to Grand Valley State University.
I am a second year student at Grand Valley and I love it. There are so many opportunities for each and every student. I have enriching classes, amazing professors, supportive friends and students, hundreds of clubs and activities to enduldge in, and all together a great community to be apart of. I truly feel like a Laker for Life. I only wish they would help students who struggle financially more.
I liked how updated most buildings were, however some classrooms could use and update on there teaching tools.
Start Your Review of Grand Valley State University
Grand Valley is an amazing place to learn and have a social life. There are endless organizations to join or to create your own. The professors are usually very helpful and there are friends for any type of person here at GV.
Grand Valley State University is a very welcoming and pretty diverse school they pride themselves on being all-inclusive. This diversity is shown not only in the students but in the staff who make it their personal mission to accept everyone not just because its a written rule, but because its apart of their moral code
I love how much they help you. It's a beautiful campus and easy to navigate. The professors are very knowledgeable and eager to help. The library is beautiful. The food options are vast. It's a quick bus ride to the nearest town and there are loads of place to go to. It's also a quick bus ride to Grand Rapids which has even more options.