Grand Rapids Community College Reviews

GRCC is like any other post-secondary school, in that it is what you make of it. Unlike a fair number of other post-secondary schools, though, GRCC is affordable, and filled to the brim with some of the coolest professors I've ever met.

[Word to the wise, check out their foreign language programs, they're uh-may-zing.]
I am taking two college classes during high school, the professors have made it a great college experience. They did not hold back in giving us the college homework experience, every week and day I come home with homework. All our homework is about 4-5 pages due the following week. Haven't been taught at the campus yet but the gym is exceptional.
I have never been to GRCC yet, I want to attend here. I have never been to GRCC yet, I want to attend here. I heard that there is a lot of students that save money and how it's very easy. I have never been to GRCC yet, I want to attend here.I have never been to GRCC yet, I want to attend here.
Start Your Review of Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Rapids Community College's biggest perk is its prices. You're getting a quality education that you can use to jumpstart your professional life at half the cost of a four-year university. The professors are extremely knowledgeable about the subjects that they teach and strive to make sure their students are as successful as possible.
I love this college. I find it has been so tremendously helpful in my years attending it. The staff is nice, the professors are very educated and they want you to succeed, they're certainly there for YOU.

I would also like to acknowledge the amount of resources that are available at GRCC. So many study areas, computer labs, the food courts and vending machines help a bunch. Not to mention the tutoring is very helpful, especially in advanced courses such as chemistry and biology.
I have had a great experience with the Dental hygiene program at Grand Rapids Community College, however, I would like to see an improvement on the department in the college, such as the financial aid office, academic advisors, and the head of admissions for the programs. They are not a great help while trying to figure out if you are on the right track.
The Good: decently cheap tuition if you live in Kent County, but ONLY if you are on 14 or less credit hours. Good to get rid of some gen eds.

The Bad:
Typical terrible eroding educational institution trying to make a huge profit out of students in whichever way they can. Teachers were very hit-or-miss (some cared about you, others virtually wanted you to bend the knee), academic choices could have been better (meaning more choices), tight quarters in a downtown campus, highway robbery with parking fees, no free parking unless you walk 3 miles one way, and of course, the typical liberal college atmosphere which instantly crushes any conservative students or their opinions, super intolerant when it comes to LBGTQQQQQQQQQQ agenda being crammed down people's throats without a genuine honest dialogue.
I am so happy I moved to grand rapids and started school at the community college. The teachers are nice and helpful. The student are nice as well.
I am a returning student working on a Second Degree in programming. My experience so far has been good. Grcc offers a range of different programming classes to their students.
The teachers are great! Very insightful but also keep it entertaining. Benefits available: easy parking, transportation around campus during class hours, restaurants on campus, multiple great libraries. It's an overall enlightening experience and I'm glad I chose to attend.
Although I am only in GRCC for dual-enrollment as a high school senior I think my experience with them so far has been great.
Very nice campus and amazing professors! They're always really easy to talk to. As a resident, tuition is excellently priced. One complaint would be parking. You have to pay every time you leave the parking ramps which sucks if you have a large gap in between classes and want to go home for a bit.
Grand Rapids Community College assisted in my growth as a student. GRCC is an excellent place to act as a stepping stone to wherever one is desiring to continue; it is also a wonderful place for a work certificate to jump one into the workforce, acquiring a job that one suits best with. This college is located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. Thus, the parking can be expensive. This saying, because it is located here, it is also within the scene of a local festival called ArtPrize. This means that when one isn't in class, one can wander about, viewing the art and enjoying the exquisite food vendors. Because it is a community college, the tuition is lowered. This, along with federal grants, I have had no debt from my associates degree. Lastly, I have to say that some of the professors, not all of course, could be a tad more experienced. I recommend this school for any that tuition is a high priority.
I love that GRCC is so close to home. I have enjoyed all of my classes here. The professors I have had so far are great and very helpful. Some things I would like to see change have to do with parking. At $2.50 every time you park it adds up quick, especially if you have to park more than once a day. I feel parking should be free. There are some days It takes forever to find a spot to park in too.
i love the comunity that i have found at grcc. i am currently in the nursing program and i have found my family there.
I would recommend Grand Rapids Community College to all high school graduates at stepping stone to a four year university. College introduces a whole new way of life and attending a community college for two years enables students to get their feet wet and save up money. GRCC professors were great in classroom and online. Classes are offered at multiple locations for better convenience.
My overall experience with Grand Rapids Community College was a good one. I attended right after high school before going to GVSU. I decided to save some money and finish all my gen eds before transferring since I still did not have an exact career in mind other than wanting to work in the health care field. The cons were having to pay for parking, horrible advisors, and that their main building was very outdated. I remember taking chemistry with a professor who had a thick accent which made it difficult to understand. The science building was my favorite building and was where I spent most of my time taking classes there. I do wish they would have more programs available because it was cheaper and closer to home.
Start Your Review of Grand Rapids Community College
There are tons of resources here and everyone gets accepted. Campus does feel like a large high school environment but it's a great place to start. Very inexpensive and it's smaller class sizes typically.
GRCC is very affordable and accessible to many students. It offers many opportunities to get started towards your goals.
Grand Rapids Community College has fantastic professors. They offer financial assistance and are willing to help do what it takes to get students to graduation! The area location is downtown Grand Rapids which is safe, beautiful, and pleasant. The only set back being that downtown housing tends to be more expensive. Community life at any community college is hard as every student is a commuter, but GRCC does a great job sending email updates so students are aware of whats going on on campus!