Grambling State University Reviews

Grambling State University is a wonderful environment for aspiring individuals to grow in many different fields of interest. The institutions faculty and staff are outstanding and interested in the success of their constituents.
Quality of people who attend Grambling and the local area of Ruston. Great southern charm. People are friendly, Ruston is a peaceful town of about 30,000 people located 3 miles from the GSU campus. Has great food, affordable entertainment for the college scene, and is a beautiful area with trees, lakes, and outdoor rec available. This has been my favorite college campus I've visited in the south and would highly recommend it to any student wanting an affordable education. Its not a Harvard high priced get in debt University, but its good enough to get a degree and attain job opportunities for your future.
I love Grambling State University's academics , professors, student life, party scene, athletics , and dorm life. Campus wide the university has some working on when it comes to campus safety.
Start Your Review of Grambling State University
Grambling was the best experience ever for me it taught me how to be a man and a educator the classes we easy and fun there were time I was homesick but the student Life kept me going cause their were thing that kept me busy there was alot of partying but through it all I would do it all over again
Grambling State has come along ways in the past few years for improvements under former Louisiana Senator, now GSU President Rick Gallot. President Gallot was just voted one of the national college top University Presidents and is very deserving. Turning around academics at GSU, getting state approval for a thirty million dollar library now underway, a new student rec center that begins construction this month while adding new tech degrees at GSU and overseas an enrollment surge of over 6 percent going on three years in a row now. GSU has finally become a quality University to attend again for education reasons, and for having a sense of school pride and optimism amongst the student body.
Well grambling state has been a school I've been looking at for quite some time now. The band they have is wonderful and I plan on joining in my freshmen year. From what I've heard and seen is that It's day by day school you learn your surroundings and get to know a lot of people. The party life of the campus is also well known on campus and off of it.
Grambling State University is an underfunded school with a lot of history. Some of the college professors are either not qualified enough or not understandable. The school is small, and majority of the people there are approachable. Their athletics are fantastic, but the programs are underfunded. The facilities for academics and athletics are very old and need attention.
Grambling State University is a great school which is diverse and is located in a great area to reside in. Grambling State University has done a splendid job in welcoming their students, and the faculty is always there to help. Grambling State University's motto is "Where Everybody is Somebody", and the atmosphere is very friendly! The professors teach excellent and are there to help you along the way. It is truly a home away from home.
wonderful HBCU where everybody is somebody. Very diverse. Excellent professors. Students are generally nice/accepting. Good tutoring programs. Great extracurricular activities
I think Grambling is on the right path to returning to their exemplary form. However, there is still much work to do in academics, student affairs and financing. Grambling has a great president but needs more people in leadership authority who can help bring the vision to light. It may help to recruit Grambling Alumni who have experienced and know what the school needs, exactly. I hope to be apart of that team one day. Grambling is a family school, full of legacy's, old and new. It's history supercedes what it is now, in regards to what it should and could be for years to come.

Ciara Owens
Class of #2011
Grambling State University is a great College if you are looking for a family feel. They take you in and treat you like one of their own. I love my crazy college #gramfam for life
this school is nice, and offers a lot of opportunities. I really see myself going here. the dorm rooms look great, they have a great department revolving around each of my favorite interest, and the campus is nice. no one is a nobody there.
Grambling is an HBCU and an overall great place to study. It has a very active social climate. The school is very supportive of it’s football team and marching band, and there are numerous student organizations that organize student activities. The lecturers make it really easy to learn, and they are super kind. My favorite thing about Grambling is that there is always somone/ organization there to help. There is a career services office that helps with everything career related; from building your resume to assisting with finding internships, to mock interviews ! The area around the university is practically dead. There is nothing to do outside the school. The nearest grocery store is 15 mins (drive) away. This works to your advantage because it makes the environment more conducive to learning . Otherwise, there is a police station, church and fast food express on campus. I would recommend Grambling to anyone who is serious about learning.
After visiting about 6 other Colleges (four being HBCU's), I went on a campus tour of Grambling State University and absolutely fell in love. I started off my tour in the Eddie G. Robinson Museum and got to learn about Grambling's history. I then got to take a walk on the campus viewing all the beautiful historical buildings while learning more about what they have to offer. The feeling I received while being on campus was very welcoming, making me feel at home. The thing that absolutely sold me were the dorms. Unlike other campuses where rooms are so confined, at Grambling, there is room to breath and be comfortable with a range of dorm styles. Overall my experience was wonderful and I look forward to attending.
i loved touring the campus and seeing the beautiful scenery and really amazing students, they all seemed happy and outgoing and i would really like to be apart of that
Grambling is defiantly a place where everybody is somebody! Some cosmetic issues are visible but Grambling is a great place to attend college.
Very nice campus! The food is good. The staff is very helpful. Not much around the campus by way of businesses. But Good learning environment.
Start Your Review of Grambling State University
The one thing I liked the most about being at Grambling is that everyone is one big family. Everyone is so friendly, if you get lost or have any questions about anything there is always someone to help you.
Coming to Grambling State was the best choice I could ever make. They truly make you feel at home and proud to be apart of gramfam.
My first year at Grambling was a amazing year. The campus life was great to. There was a lot of activities going on that you never got bored. The professors there were great to me in helping that I got all the work I needed because I was gone for baseball. The baseball season the most exciting part of the school year. I can't wait for next season. This year we were the western division champs and next year I hope to be the SWAC champions. The only thing I think they need to do is upgrade all their facilities and the campus will be a great environment.