Governors State University Reviews

My experience so far at GSU has been fairly good. I have been able to focus on my work and if I ever need help with anything there is always somebody there to help.
The school has dorms, a cafe and 3 dining areas. They offer online and in class learning. Some of the teachers are there to make sure you obtain your degree other teachers may not care. The administration is not in order and just like with any college you have to stay on the personnel back about your financial aid. They do offer security and if you take a night class you can call for an escort to your car.
At Governors State University (GSU), one will have to try to fail. This school is relatively small, but it's fantastic because the teachers become more focused on the students rather than just getting through a lecture. I love how hands-on this school is, there are resources everywhere for students; resources may range from tutoring, job employment fair, health awareness, etc... GSU stays busy with its' activities but given all of that they still pay attention into making sure you as a student will not only succeed, but also understand what you are achieving.
Start Your Review of Governors State University
Governors University has changed my life and I say this because I am a 27 year old female and in the middle of my college career I got very ill, so I took a break from school which was only supposed to be one year and that year turned into 3 years. At this point I told myself you are too old to go back to school. After sitting home week after week I told myself you can go back to school and do better than before! Getting back in the swing of going to school was hard, but Governors State University made this process very pleasant for me, which made me excited to start school again. I love my school and all of the staff members there, from the professors to the cafeteria ladies and gentlemen. This a great school and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great college!!
Governors State University has been like another home to me because they are there for their students.
Going into my senior year and I have had great teachers. Great college life experience. The staff is very helpful and my mentor has made sure that I am on track to graduate on time. The student body support and staff support at
athletics events is just awesome!
This is my first year at Governors State and so far I have enjoyed my experience. The teachers are helpful and the curriculum is challenging yet fun. I have yet to experience anything that would warrant changing.
Governors State University is a great college to attend for students who are looking for an affordable college experience. The professors at this school truly care about the student's education. The school is full of rich cultural experiences and student life involvement.
I am a single mom, and I work part-time. I have worked very hard in all my classes. My advisor failed to check the coding on my transferring classes, and I had to retake a class within that category, which is costing me more money. I have been on the Deans List several times within the two years I have attended, but was unaware of the honors society, which I could have joined. I am very excited to graduate, and I want my son to know I did this all for him, as he is my inspiration. Thank you.
My experience at Governor State University has been average but I rate my overall experience good. I have had two great individuals as the advisor that guided me and they were the Junior Advisors Ned Laff and Lakia Colquitt. I enjoy individuals that want to help and guide you in the right direction without making you repeat or give you a class and it was not in your major. They are helpful and it does not matter Lakia would walk you hand in hand to the right place.
Governors State claims to be for the students, but I felt like I was tricked into believing that the school actually cared. for undergrads, there is no student life, and most tend to transfer out after one semester.
I love the amount of help that is available here at Governors State. There is no reason not to be successful here.
I like how close it is to home and how it is one of the more affordable colleges when pursuing a nursing degree. The library itself is a very cozy place to study or take a nap. I receive helpful instructions in their state-of-the-art nursing laboratories.
I'm a transfer student into GSU. The academics and professors are great here! The campus is a bit of a maze, but there is always someone around to help you find where you need to be and there are signs everywhere helping you figure out where you are. The athletic program is currently growing, so the school doesn't offer many sports yet but is in the process of adding more and expanding its current programs. There are always events going on through different clubs and organizations on campus. GSU has a diverse population of students in terms of race, religion, and age. Many students are commuters and transfer students because GSU only started accepting freshmen a few years ago.
My experience at Governors State University is one of the best experiences of my life I came into this school with my mind set that I will be successful once I graduated I have a current 3.7 Grade Point average. I'm on the multiple honors societies and on the Deans List. Being in a student at Governors State University was the best decision I could've made reaching for my dream in going to law school. I was expertly advised about the options of taking required classes in person or online which is very useful information for students who wish to succeed.
The college is very pretty, everyone is very friendly and if you need help finding something the staff is always willing to help. It's located almost near Chicago so the zone is not too bad. Classes are generally easy and there is a lot of activities you can do there.
I love that this school is so accommodating and appealing to the working adult. I am able to work full time and complete my degree part time!
Start Your Review of Governors State University
Governor State University is a place where the faculty/staff come together to help students get on the right track for success. The library hours are amazing and the school provides great tutoring for any subject. This university is well organized. The grad-programs are awesome.
What I like about attending Governors State University is that it is close to my house. Academic wise the work isn't challenging to me, but for others it might be. The demographic is a mix of all races and all ages which I also like.
The university does an excellent job of promoting effective mental health. The professors and administration work well with students.