Goucher College Reviews

Goucher has great faculty, friendly atmosphere, unique courses, great study aboard opportunities and a swell Russian department.
Goucher is a perfect fit for me. I was looking for a small, liberal arts college that would give me some freedom in terms of my education, but would not have so much restriction that I would feel boxed in. Goucher is perfect for that. In my almost two full years here, I have made friends and met professors that have made my 12 years of suffering worth it. The whole climate is much more mature than high school, but contrary to what your teachers told you, you're not thrown into the wind to fend for yourself. There is plenty of support in every area you can think of - sexuality, gender, spirituality, academics, athletics, etc. The class sizes are small enough that there are plenty of professors that I was able to connect with and ask for guidance. The higher-ups do exaggerate the school's diversity, but the students, professors, and administrators do truly have a commitment to making Goucher as diverse, progressive, and safe for all identities as possible.
Goucher is a place very few can thrive, especially with the ridiculous tuition and costs associated with an education from here. In terms of the education you receive, I have not yet discovered its value. Some classes will be painfully easy and cater towards students who are clearly not prepared for college level academics. Others will challenge you and make you question everything around you.
Start Your Review of Goucher College
As a freshman here at Goucher, I'm currently in love with the campus! The students here at Goucher are very artsy and open-minded, which makes the campus stimulating. The on-campus housing is very nice, and the new freshman dorm is incredible! My only current bother is the food since I am gluten free and have several food sensitivities. I would greatly recommend a campus visit!
I love the the Campus, it's beautiful. I also love the fact the it has woods on one side and the mall on the other side. The campus is small so you know where everything is. You can connect more with your teachers since classes are also small.
I loved my time there, but Goucher's a very hit or miss school. If it's right for you, you'll love the small class sizes and unique educators, but what works for some doesn't work for others. You get out what you put in.
Everyone in the admissions office was very kind and helpful. I attended a tour there and I got to see classrooms, students and meet a couple of professors. Besides getting a tour of the classrooms, I was also able to see the dorms for myself. within the dorms I was able to speak to current students and ask them questions about Goucher College.
Strong liberal arts college. Wonderful faculty/staff, and a great campus. Currently (2017) undergoing a lot of construction, but that will make the campus much more modern and will dramatically improve the facilities. Food is incredible, and admin is approachable if you make the effort. Students are often disinterested in engagement as a whole, but there are some very active students that you will get to know at some point in your tenure here.
I love Goucher! The people are super nice and friendly. I love all the teachers. I live of campus and thus I have little to say about the for,s.
I am originally from Rwanda. I came to the United States for secondary and post- secondary education. For the past year and half, my daily experience at Goucher (in terms of Academics and social life) has been proof of how worth it was to leave home (my family and my culture) for the sake of knowledge. I am much more eloquent, critical, and knowledgable regarding various subject matters-- For instance the condition of the global economy (as an economics major) and the vitality of efficient political institutions ( as an International Relations minor). I am immensely grateful to have been chosen to be part of such an intellectual community. Another thing I like about Goucher-- in addition to its remarkable academic programs is its diversity rate-- people like me are welcomed and easily integrated into the community.
Goucher is great! There are a lot of unique people (students and professors). Classes are small with interesting and engaged professors.
I have personally never had an issue so I do not feel like I can give an accurate opinion about the safety on campus, but I can say that I feel very safe and no one I know personally has had any problems with campus security/ safety either.
I plan to dance professionally after I leave Goucher and go onto medical school after I am done, which is why I chose to minor in public health as well. Even though I am not a major I do get notifications from the Biology department on campus whenever a speaker comes to talk or even when there is any info sessions about the medical field in general. I am not sure about the reputation Goucher has in the medical world, but one of my friends who applied to medical school just got accepted so they must be doing something right.
Every teacher I have had has been attentive, organized, and committed to whatever they are teaching. I am a Dance major but I have taken Biology, History, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Spanish, Sociology, Business, and English classes so I believe I can make that statement with confidence.

What I love is that the teacher reviews are really looked at and when multiple students have a problem with a particular teacher, the college takes action and makes sure that the students needs are met.

Another thing I like is the responsiveness of most teachers. A lot of communication is done through email but there are also teachers that give out their personal number.
The resident buildings are very old. I have lived in some of the oldest buildings which has been very disadvantageous, especially when the weather is bad, but there are two good residential options on campus. One is the freshman village that was just built this past year. It is extremely lavish, which looks good for visitors, but there is not enough space for all freshman to live in it and it makes the other residential places look very subpar in comparison.
I chose my school because it was one of the few colleges that I was accepted into. Although it wasn't my first choice, the deciding factor for me was the great dance program, financial aid package and study abroad options. I am in my third year now and, unfortunately, the things I thought I was going to be able to didn't end up being a possibility in the end, but I can't say that it has made me regret my decision. I like the amount of opportunities students get to become involved on campus. I am the treasurer of both the Bikram Yoga Club and Dancer's of Color Coalition, and I'm a member of the Student Health advisory.

As a student I do feel taken care of. Some days during the year we'll get surprised with something sweet like free cupcakes on the walkway on the way to the academic classes, or a free outdoor movie screening. During finals week there is a ton of free food around campus and free acupuncture.

The only reason why I couldn't give a five star rating was because my study abroad program was cancelled the summer before the semester I was supposed to go, I didn't get support to find a comparable program, and I felt that it shouldn't have been that difficult since it was not my fault and it is a graduation requirement, but if I knew then what I do now, I would pick Goucher again every time.

I really do feel like the campus environment is enjoyable, there are tons of involvement options and the academics are strong.
There is a push to get the student body more involved with the athletics at Goucher. There has even been a recent partnership with underarmour, but the reality is that there is not a huge sport culture on campus.
Start Your Review of Goucher College
Its a great school.. Just its so expensive.. the aid isnt even a 10th of the tuition.
Lots of jobs on campus, but the new rule that restricts a student to only earn 1000 per year is maddening.
Some buildings are terrible, some are ok