Gonzaga University Reviews

1,086 reviews
The education I received at Gonzaga was amazing. Though it is a private-funded Catholic University, I had amazing, diverse professors who seemed to be open and liberal along with many in between. There seemed to be many cliques like you will find at anywhere which was rather distracting. I was impressed that at the time (2007) Gonzaga had the second highest rate of colleges in the US to have students join the Peace Corps.
The university seemed rich with history and the facilities were great. Overall, I would say the professors and staff made the university an interesting place and inspiring at that. Mommy and Daddy's money bred a playground to some (again, not all, but there were many!!) yuppies who had no work ethic and seemed to show no gratitude for the amazing experience handed to them.
Gonzaga's smaller classes make it easy to approach professors. The classes and the amount of classes makes for a rigorous set of coursework. Many professors are friendly and willing to do whatever they can to help you understand their class' material.
I love attending Gonzaga. The community of students and professors really make you feel welcome and it is a very close-knit group. The students are all very supportive, friendly and helpful.
Review Gonzaga University
So far I have absolutely loved my time at Gonzaga. Every person I meet is so genuine and kind. There are so many activities for everyone to get involved in. The school spirit is ridiculously high and the energy is always high around campus. It is really easy to meet like-minded yet diverse people. Overall, GU is an excellent environment to go to school in.
I love GU more than anything. It is the absolute best decision I've ever made! The academics are tough, but the profs love to get to know their students. I was a 3.5 student in high school and I have to put in the effort here, but I love every second of it. The basketball team is amazing, the community is so welcoming. I never want to leave! GO ZAGS!
Gonzaga offers a well rounded, personalized education for any kind of student. With smaller class sizes, it's easy to get to know your professor which enhances your learning environment for yourself and your classmates.
Great school. Has a great sports program, adn the students are very friendly. Feel at home while being in dorms, and teachers are great as well.
Wonderful school with a great community, a very active sports life, classes are challenging but not impossible.
Gonzaga has a very large and beautiful campus. The staff and students are extremely kind. Gonzaga has always had a very competitive men's basketball team and they students are known for taking pride in their schools athletic department. Gonzaga, though expensive, provides their students with the best education, environment, and faith that they can possibly provide.
Gonzaga is an awesome school if you want a tight knit community, professors that really care. Basketball games are incredible, along with the community support that comes with them. Gonzaga is a very white campus, but is very accepting into other races. The food is as good as you can hope for in college and housing is great in some dorms (Twohy, CM) and just okay in other places (roncalli, crimont). Classes are challenging but very manageable. Girls here are generally cute and athletic and the part scene is good if you are willing to put yourself out there.
I love the atmosphere of Gonzaga University. The professors make time to be available to students and are very knowledgable. The small class size makes it easy to be involved in class and with other students. The people are all so nice.
Currently a freshman at GU. So far my experience has been amazing. Service opportunities, academics, and social life have made my first semester the best semester of school ive ever had. Can't wait to continue in the spring
You tell anyone that you are going to Gonzaga and they immediately think great things about this school. However, I have felt nothing but let down.
On an academic scale, most of the teachers do not know how to teach, ESPECIALLY in the science department. I had to retake a class from community college and was shocked at how much of a better teacher I had there. My science classes seemed like my teacher straight reading out of the book. Not only that but since I am in a private school, I expect my teachers to email me back. Many times they do not, even upon emailing several times
On a people scale, this school can come off as very strange. Everyone seems to want to be the same. I guess because it's a catholic private school, but it is hard to find people that embrace being different. I have had four close friends transfer out of this school due to social reasons.
The staff and campus are wonderful. Only thing that made me leave was the problem with the nursing program. You have to apply BEFORE you are a freshmen or you can't get into that program.
Gonzaga University has amazing programs, including an excellent ROTC program. However, if participating in ROTC and studying a STEM major you will have a limited amount of time available to study and to interact with friends.
Great school for basketball lovers but it lacks diversity of students and in thought. Does not truthfully stand up to its promoted mission of social justice and tends to bypass student concern and voice in terms of administrative decisions. Could benefit from a more diverse group of professors. Many students go here for the party scene which is limited to house parties and incessant binge drinking that the administration pretends to care about handling.
I love the campus and the community feel. I feel so accepted and that I'm getting the best education possible.
Review Gonzaga University
Love it here! Amazing people in an amazing place! Classes and core curriculum provide a well rounded education with great professors and classes.
Gonzaga has a sense of community that makes everyone feel welcome and part of the Zag family. Students love the university and everyone seems happy to be there.
Going to Gonzaga is an incredible experience. I went there because I wanted to be surrounded by people who wanted to make a difference. Everyone there is incredibly nice and helpful. Our school pride is through the roof. Our academics are the perfect balance between challenging and manageable. I feel more at home there than anywhere else.