1,078 reviews
  1. Spokane, WA
  2. 4 Year

Gonzaga University Reviews

1,078 reviews
Gonzaga has a very large and beautiful campus. The staff and students are extremely kind. Gonzaga has always had a very competitive men's basketball team and they students are known for taking pride in their schools athletic department. Gonzaga, though expensive, provides their students with the best education, environment, and faith that they can possibly provide.
Gonzaga is an awesome school if you want a tight knit community, professors that really care. Basketball games are incredible, along with the community support that comes with them. Gonzaga is a very white campus, but is very accepting into other races. The food is as good as you can hope for in college and housing is great in some dorms (Twohy, CM) and just okay in other places (roncalli, crimont). Classes are challenging but very manageable. Girls here are generally cute and athletic and the part scene is good if you are willing to put yourself out there.
I love the atmosphere of Gonzaga University. The professors make time to be available to students and are very knowledgable. The small class size makes it easy to be involved in class and with other students. The people are all so nice.
Currently a freshman at GU. So far my experience has been amazing. Service opportunities, academics, and social life have made my first semester the best semester of school ive ever had. Can't wait to continue in the spring
You tell anyone that you are going to Gonzaga and they immediately think great things about this school. However, I have felt nothing but let down.
On an academic scale, most of the teachers do not know how to teach, ESPECIALLY in the science department. I had to retake a class from community college and was shocked at how much of a better teacher I had there. My science classes seemed like my teacher straight reading out of the book. Not only that but since I am in a private school, I expect my teachers to email me back. Many times they do not, even upon emailing several times
On a people scale, this school can come off as very strange. Everyone seems to want to be the same. I guess because it's a catholic private school, but it is hard to find people that embrace being different. I have had four close friends transfer out of this school due to social reasons.
The staff and campus are wonderful. Only thing that made me leave was the problem with the nursing program. You have to apply BEFORE you are a freshmen or you can't get into that program.
Gonzaga University has amazing programs, including an excellent ROTC program. However, if participating in ROTC and studying a STEM major you will have a limited amount of time available to study and to interact with friends.
Great school for basketball lovers but it lacks diversity of students and in thought. Does not truthfully stand up to its promoted mission of social justice and tends to bypass student concern and voice in terms of administrative decisions. Could benefit from a more diverse group of professors. Many students go here for the party scene which is limited to house parties and incessant binge drinking that the administration pretends to care about handling.
I love the campus and the community feel. I feel so accepted and that I'm getting the best education possible.
Love it here! Amazing people in an amazing place! Classes and core curriculum provide a well rounded education with great professors and classes.
Gonzaga has a sense of community that makes everyone feel welcome and part of the Zag family. Students love the university and everyone seems happy to be there.
Going to Gonzaga is an incredible experience. I went there because I wanted to be surrounded by people who wanted to make a difference. Everyone there is incredibly nice and helpful. Our school pride is through the roof. Our academics are the perfect balance between challenging and manageable. I feel more at home there than anywhere else.
The professors are spectacular, everyone is involved in clubs and activities, men's and women's sports were celebrated and exciting, but more than anything the community makes Gonzaga University a wonderful place to attend college.
Gonzaga has created a community that is welcoming and supportive. The environment that surrounds the community is warm and friendly. The classes will challenge you to grow as a student and as an individual. The professors and faculty are there to support you and make sure your experience is one you will always be excited about. The people you meet will fill your life with meaning and fun. Fellow students will always be willing to help you succeed and friends that you make will always have your back, even when you leave Gonzaga. The community is one that is unforgettable.
This is one of the happiest places on earth. With a strong community rooted in solidarity and empathy, Gonzaga is the perfect destination for anyone looking to build on character and meaningful relationships. It is the genuine people that make this college so unique from any other. There is always someone willing to lend a helping hand, or listen to your thoughts.
Gonzaga University offers a community for students of all different backgrounds to feel welcome. The true spirit of a zag is shown through the daily action of holding the door open for one another.
I love Gonzaga because of the school pride, close community atmosphere, class size, great job connections, and how close it is to great outdoor activities. I don't like how so many kids come from the same background, how cold it is in the winter, and the drinking culture.
Amazing alumni network, helpful career center, and professors that will help you find jobs, internships, and research opportunities.
  • College Sophomore
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
I feel safe on campus because I trust the Gonzaga community. The only real issue is bike theft. However, sexual assault still happens, but mostly at parties off campus. I'm not too familiar with the reporting process, but I know there are resources on campus for issues like this
If you live in the right place, you'll love the campus housing experience. If you want something more social, then live in CM your freshmen year. If you want a smaller community feel, live in Alliance or Goller. Room quality varies dorm to dorm. The worst is Dooley (aka a prison), but the best is Coughlin. You make the most out of what you're given and it's fine
  • College Sophomore