Gonzaga University Reviews

1,111 reviews
Love Gonzaga so far! Everything about it is amazing, and they always look to help their students first!
Gonzaga University provides a great community for anyone to grow. Most of the classes have 30 or less students, which allows you to connect with your professors and your other classmates. The basketball games are fun and full of energy and even people who do not like sports will have a good time. The only problem with Gonzaga University is the lack of diversity on the campus. If you are a person of color you might find yourself feeling isolated, however the Unity Multicultural Education Center is working to provide spaces where students of color can feel comfortable. Student activism is also a huge factor in the changes being made on campus for social justice. Overall I love Gonzaga University so much because it is possible for everyone to find their space or community where they feel they belong.
Over my 4 years there, Gonzaga became my home. The people on campus are welcoming and they genuinely want to see you succeed. The core philosophy and religion classes really opened up my world view and have helped me to think critically about life. Also if you love to be outside, I honestly think spokane is better than any city its size or larger. 6 ski resorts within a couple of hours and tons of biking, climbing, and hiking
Start Your Review of Gonzaga University
Honestly the best part about Gonzaga is the people. You get a sense of community that I've only ever felt in one other place. The classes and professors are great, and overall it is a very classic college experience.
Gonzaga is an outstanding school. Although very expensive it is the hub for every student, and local businesses. Gonzaga takes care of their students and provides multiple resources to help each student succeed.
I think Gonzaga is a community that shines its light all around the world through its loyal alumni, a good-samaritan" campus climate, and a welcoming staff. I can not recommend this school higher to anyone!
The community is very strong and people are very welcoming. One of our biggest thing is holding the door open for anyone behind you. Most of the teachers are wonderful and very knowledgeable in their areas of study. Gonzaga has small class sizes that allow you to connect with your professors one on one in class and their office hours.
I love the small classes and the fact that you get to know pretty much everyone in your major. It becomes a little community within the larger Gonzaga community. There are also so many ways to become involved because there is such a diversity of clubs and organizations. The basketball prowress of the Bulldogs is a plus.
Very white. Academics are strong, if you choose the right classes. Campus is small, aren’t many cool amenities. All sporting events are awesome. Very, very hard to party as a freshman, especially with Judi Biggs, the new VP of student development, whom everybody hates for her notorious rule changes in all departments other than academics. People especially hate her for her recent stricter reprimanding policy on alcohol. Partying gets easier and more fun as you get older because you will most likely be living off campus. I generally have one awful professor a semester, other than that they’re great. Spokane really isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. I live in Dooley residence hall, which was built in 1960 and not supposed to be open for living this year, but they ran out of space because apparently because they didn’t plan for the incoming class 🤔. Dorms are just college dorms though, not great; the newer, the better.
Gonzaga is very well diverse community and that is what a like about it. It's also really close to home. There's nothing I would change because it's very successful the way it is right now
Gonzaga is amazing! It truly is a community where everyone is willing to help one another out, no matter the circumstance. It's almost unusual how nice and pleasant the environment is--there is not a time where someone does not hold a door open for you (and then you have to do that light jog because you are actually a lot further from the door than anticipated). The Spokane area is not the best, most activities are done on campus; Spokane is honestly a little crusty. If you're used to culture or seeing people of color in your community back home, Spokane will be a culture shock.
Gonzaga has such a welcoming atmosphere. From the moment I stepped on campus, I felt right at home. The students here are very kind, fun-loving, and dedicated to their work. The faculty genuinely cares about our success. I cannot imagine going anywhere other than Gonzaga because my experience here has gone beyond my expectations!
I really enjoyed how inclusive it was when I visited there. Everyone had great spirit and were all very welcoming. The overall atmosphere of the school felt very safe.
I haven't attended Gonzaga University but I visited the school. From what I saw and experienced from the staff was a warm and enriching environment to live and learn in. The student and faculty were extremely kind and welcoming and was able to answer any question I had. I hope to be able to go to this school next fall.
Gonzaga as a school is absolutely amazing. The city of Spokane doesn't have much for people under 21 to do especially during the night. The dining hall does not have the greatest food. All of the professors are extremely helpful and the other students really build a warm atmosphere around campus.
There's always something to go do on and around campus. My very first night there was spent playing bubble soccer and laser tag. They also have "Late Nights" at the COG, which is for bored night-owls like me, where they have food, different crafts, and sometimes karaoke. The classes have been good so far, and the adjustment period was fairly quick and easy. The campus is easy to get to know, the walks are enjoyable, and the buildings are relatively close together. I highly recommend suite-style dorm living, it's allowed for close bonding between myself, roommate, and suitemates, as well as having our own private common room to hang out in.
The small campus is great to navigate. The students are really big on the Men's basketball team, and only the men's basketball team. Being here has impacted me in both negative and positive ways. However, I do wish the school would put more emphasis on diversity and not just basketball.
Start Your Review of Gonzaga University
The community and Jesuit education made the transition into college a smooth experience. The professors seem to genuinely care about your progress in their classes, and the athletics are great.
Gonzaga is really great! The facilities are fantastic and everyone is really friendly. The campus is beautiful and well taken care of!
What I most enjoy about Gonzaga is the on campus atmosphere. I always feel safe when I am on campus. There is also a real connection between the professors and the students. Every class that I have taken so far, my professor and I had an open relationship where I was able to ask them anything, whether is be educational or personal. I don't believe that other universities have this.