Gonzaga University Reviews

1,096 reviews
There's always something to go do on and around campus. My very first night there was spent playing bubble soccer and laser tag. They also have "Late Nights" at the COG, which is for bored night-owls like me, where they have food, different crafts, and sometimes karaoke. The classes have been good so far, and the adjustment period was fairly quick and easy. The campus is easy to get to know, the walks are enjoyable, and the buildings are relatively close together. I highly recommend suite-style dorm living, it's allowed for close bonding between myself, roommate, and suitemates, as well as having our own private common room to hang out in.
The small campus is great to navigate. The students are really big on the Men's basketball team, and only the men's basketball team. Being here has impacted me in both negative and positive ways. However, I do wish the school would put more emphasis on diversity and not just basketball.
The community and Jesuit education made the transition into college a smooth experience. The professors seem to genuinely care about your progress in their classes, and the athletics are great.
Start Your Review of Gonzaga University
Gonzaga is really great! The facilities are fantastic and everyone is really friendly. The campus is beautiful and well taken care of!
What I most enjoy about Gonzaga is the on campus atmosphere. I always feel safe when I am on campus. There is also a real connection between the professors and the students. Every class that I have taken so far, my professor and I had an open relationship where I was able to ask them anything, whether is be educational or personal. I don't believe that other universities have this.
It's alright, i mean it's just more school... The only difference is you're now paying for it... This is not to say this is a bad school, it's just a school.
Overall I have greatly enjoyed my time at GU. Spokane is not the best city ever, but in the four years I've been here, there has been tremendous growth. The campus is adding new buildings every year, which is really exciting. I've had several classes that genuinely changed my world view, which you don't always get at bigger schools. My classes have been consistently small, with my largest being 75 students, and my smallest 11 students.

I am a public relations major, so I am in the College of Arts and Sciences and have absolutely loved all my teachers from the integrated media department. They want you to succeed and will do whatever they can to help you get and stay ahead.

Our campus is gorgeous, and Spokane has the best falls ever. Winter can be rough, but it's nice to actually get all four seasons every year.
Gonzaga is an amazing school. The biggest reason I choose Gonzaga was the scholarship and grant money. I had never toured the campus only looked at some pictures and read reviews. Each person emphasized the community that surrounds Gonzaga but you never really understand what that means till you get here. Everyone here is friendly, and you get this feeling that people want to be here. A lot of colleges and universities the drive is what's the easiest path to get out in four years. Gonzaga's different. The hype around basketball, the intramurals, and the countless other activities that connect Gonzaga is remarkable.
Sense of Community is very strong ,and easy to meet new friends. I have only been here a month and a half, and I have had the time of my life. The people here are so enriching, and they want to help you. I made friends with in the span of two days. They will most likely be my friends for the rest of my time here and beyond
This is honestly such a terrific school. Everyone is so great and pretty much anyone you meet is willing to help you succeed and be there for support. I can already tell that the relationships I've already made and will continue to make will be for life.
AMAZING COMMUNITY. Small school that feels like a BIG school. School pride is OFF THE CHARTS. Amazing faculty and staff and the facilities are all getting remodeled and are beautiful.
Gonzaga University is a wonderful school, on a beautiful campus. Many of the professors are very good, although I suggest checking them out on rate my professor (.com) before registration. Also, they have great meal plans! If you are sporty and active this is a great school. Many students participate in sports and sporting events.
The education I received at Gonzaga was amazing. Though it is a private-funded Catholic University, I had amazing, diverse professors who seemed to be open and liberal along with many in between. There seemed to be many cliques like you will find at anywhere which was rather distracting. I was impressed that at the time (2007) Gonzaga had the second highest rate of colleges in the US to have students join the Peace Corps.
The university seemed rich with history and the facilities were great. Overall, I would say the professors and staff made the university an interesting place and inspiring at that. Mommy and Daddy's money bred a playground to some (again, not all, but there were many!!) yuppies who had no work ethic and seemed to show no gratitude for the amazing experience handed to them.
Gonzaga's smaller classes make it easy to approach professors. The classes and the amount of classes makes for a rigorous set of coursework. Many professors are friendly and willing to do whatever they can to help you understand their class' material.
I love attending Gonzaga. The community of students and professors really make you feel welcome and it is a very close-knit group. The students are all very supportive, friendly and helpful.
So far I have absolutely loved my time at Gonzaga. Every person I meet is so genuine and kind. There are so many activities for everyone to get involved in. The school spirit is ridiculously high and the energy is always high around campus. It is really easy to meet like-minded yet diverse people. Overall, GU is an excellent environment to go to school in.
I love GU more than anything. It is the absolute best decision I've ever made! The academics are tough, but the profs love to get to know their students. I was a 3.5 student in high school and I have to put in the effort here, but I love every second of it. The basketball team is amazing, the community is so welcoming. I never want to leave! GO ZAGS!
Start Your Review of Gonzaga University
Gonzaga offers a well rounded, personalized education for any kind of student. With smaller class sizes, it's easy to get to know your professor which enhances your learning environment for yourself and your classmates.
Great school. Has a great sports program, adn the students are very friendly. Feel at home while being in dorms, and teachers are great as well.
Wonderful school with a great community, a very active sports life, classes are challenging but not impossible.