Golden West College Reviews

I like the career center which helped me by giving a good start. They have many counselors that are helpful and energized.
Classes of course cannot compare to universities but teachers want you to pass if they know you're ready.
The professors that I had at Golden West were fine. They weren't amazing, but they weren't terrible. I wish that I had a better experience at Golden West, but it happens. There was a great coffee cart that I went to most days.
Start Your Review of Golden West College
Honestly the college is terrible, there are always students causing drama like if they were still in high school.the food is okay, and if the professor is new you have about a 70/30 chance it will be a terrible class.
golden west is such a nice school the campus is pretty and easy to navigate and they are building more offices to help grow the school as well as their staff is very helpful on transferring and helping you meet you goals
I really liked the campus and the interactions I had with my peers. I enjoyed the relatively small classes, and learned a lot during my time here.
The school is very pretty and smells like Eucalyptus, there are little rabbits and squirrels all over. But that's the best part. Homeless people rummage through the trash bins for cans and bottles. Most buildings don't have a solid wifi signal, even for the teachers. Those same buildings also often block out mobile data signal. The school is in a constant state of repair. But the teachers are nice, but often confused with technology, at least in my experience. The student body is mixed in terms of people's effort towards their classes. Many students are lifers and they keep taking the same classes over and over, hoping they pass this next time. There is also a large number of rich kids that are just in the school to appease their parents. They drive Porsche Panameras, Porsche 911s, and the occasional Jaguar. But seeing these cars are no longer a novelty after you attend a semester at GWC. All in all, I give the school a 3/5. Better teachers would breed better students.
Golden West College is a small and peaceful college with friendly and ambitious students. It has quite sturdy facilities and new buildings pending. The teachers are all at a master's degree and above, which makes learning not only more challenging, but extra rewarding.
Small campus as well as small class sizes. Great teachers and staff. Laid back culture in a great location. Came over from Orange Coast College and I strongly prefer it over occ
Being a communications major at Golden West is amazing ! you connect with a lot of people ! their is many work study opportunities depending on your major that will help you !
Golden West College is amazing ! Everyone is friendly, the campus is relaxing, The professors are helpful and will always be willing to help if you ask. So don't be shy and just be you !
overall I am satisfied with GWC.
only accessed online course once previously.
Their are several resources available when it comes to transferring for a higher degree
Staff is always willing to help in any way possible, all you have to do is as questions.
One of the my first choices out of the campuses that I has in mind, have several friends who attended in the past as well.
Since I have came into campus, I had very little to no knowledge about the helpful resources that they have available to students. As a single mom with two and trying to further my education i can say that i am extremely greatful for the endless opportunities here at GWC.
Start Your Review of Golden West College
it's so helpful in real world
At Golden West they offer an American Sign Language Interpreter certificate which is a two year program. They also offer internship on campus! Some of the professor s are deaf which is cool! My tutor is deaf and it pushes me to use my knowledge in ASL to communicate with her! The classes are very

difficult because you are learning a whole new language, alot of vocabulary is given each chapter. Alot of time needs to be spent practicing or you will not become a great Interpreter, which means not alot of work after graduation! The only thing is that I wish they would offer more ASL classes in the summer! Currently they only offer one ASL class. I was told it's because lack of funding!! Which makes things more difficult for you if you have to retake a class, summer becomes dead time for people who chose this field!! ASL needs to be recognized because there is a rapid growing need for ASL Interpreters!!
I went to OCC for a year taking GE classes until I figured out what I wanted to major in. I transferred to Golden West college because they offered the classes I needed to become an American Sign Language Interpreter. Im finishing up my first semester there and I loved it! All my professors have been really helpful and use good teaching techniques. The campus is smaller than OCC which I like better because it makes it easier to get to classes on time and the atmosphere is not so intimidating for newbies. This school offers so many free resources to help you pass your classes at the Learning Resource Center! There is no reason why someone should fail!! I use the free tutoring for two of my classes and both classes I'm holding an A!!