COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Coronavirus Update – 4/2/20 Complete campus information, status updates, and resources: Learn More
Our philosophy of education starts with the individual and holds that each person is truly unique, and is based on the ideas of John Dewey: that experience and education are intricately linked.
Students at Goddard work with faculty to direct their studies according to their personal and professional interests, goals, gifts, and desires. Students develop the capacity to understand their lives in an ever-changing social context, and thereby to take meaningful action in the world. They are encouraged to question received knowledge and the status quo and to create new understandings of the world and of human experience. As a collaborative interdependent learning community, we respect, include and appreciate differing perspectives.
Will You Get In?
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 4 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 4 responses
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Goddard College
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities39 Graduates
- Education15 Graduates
- Creative Writing7 Graduates
- Psychology3 Graduates
- Art Teacher Education0 Graduates
- Early Childhood Education0 Graduates
- Elementary Education0 Graduates
- English and Speech Teacher Education0 Graduates
- Middle School Education0 Graduates
- Social Studies Teacher Education0 Graduates
Bachelor of Arts in Socially Engaged Art
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Socially Engaged Art (BFA-SEA) supports artists to create new work that engages with communities. Faculty and students from the performing arts, visual arts, craft practices, and narrative media come together to develop collaborative projects around real issues.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.Take our survey
Goddard College Reviews
You would get close to people because of the dorm time and being far away from everything and having time to relax and talk together. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I am pretty old! I graduated in 1979.
the one thing is that if you want to study a science or math, I am doubtful that many graduate programs will be convinced of your skills. Students make their own curriculum, so unless you have education resources outside of goddard for science/math I think it would be very difficult to be taken seriously by people inside the field after college