Glendale Community College - California Reviews

From the moment I stepped onto the campus at Glendale Community College, I felt at home. I have not been in school for 10 years, so of course I had many emotions running through my body. My favorite part about this school are the aids- Financial aids, Guidance Counselors, Dean, and Professors. Everyone is very knowledgeable and patient on showing you the ropes. They are easy to converse with about all types of questions or issues. The campus itself is breath taking. It is located in the hills on Glendale, filled with fresh air, and beautiful scenery. I am very happy to be a student at Glendale Community College this year!
It's an awesome school. They have plenty of resources to help you succeed. There are a few bad teachers, but overall I had a good experience. They have multiple programs that benefit the students, and they put on events all the time. ASGCC and LEAD program are very well structured and rewarding.
It a good school, most professors are decent. What I like is that it close to where I live. Needs to improve its parking capacity, as will as well as more diverse cafeteria food.
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - California
Glendale community college is very safe and a friendly environment. The campus is clean and has a lot to offer. Their are many areas to study on campus and overall a wonderful school.
A good environment to study and expand your knowledge while saving a lot of money. Students are able to make and achieve a lot of their goals while attending this school. The courses fully prepare you for an easier transfer.
This is my favorite community college. I am pleased to say that I have been picked for their 5 star nursing program. GCC was my first choice, out of the 5 colleges I applied to and I am beyond grateful to be a part of this college. The level of education surpasses any of the other community colleges I have been to. GCC professors prepare you for your career beyond the standard curriculum.
What I loved about this college was that it helped me save money instead of heading to a 4year university straight out of high school. However, the dynamic of the school was poor. Student life was very dull in the sense that students did not go to class and/or if they did, they did not pay attention to their studies. I felt out of place at this school in how the administration dealt with how students conducted their education. I would love to see more involvement from the administration in how they conduct the campus and help students achieve their goals.
I liked Glendale Community College because it was an easy commute from my house. It would be much nicer if I could have a better chance for registering for classes instead of my classes being all over the place. Overall the teachers are very nice, who know their job well and are capable of educating their students with everything that they need.
This college has some of the best professors any college can offer! Having these one of a kind, passionate, engaging, funny, creative, and helpful professors who care about their students' education and learning, really makes a difference in the quality of education students receive, and personally, how much interest and motivation I had to learn the subject and succeed. It's also a safe campus, students are friendly, and it has some clubs, though it doesn't have a big campus community enviornment (most people go to/from classes.) I'll miss this CC!
There are many good teachers and many bad teachers, which is normal for any school. The campus is nice and the facilities are clean. They have a really nice sports field. Classes are perfect size and capacity. Counselors are very helpful. Overall this school is great and it is represented in the very high transfer rate (second in community colleges in SC).
The professors. The math and science department is a joke. The counselors and help on campus is a joke as well. Have a stronger base of support.
I loved my time here and now I'm transferring to UCLA. If you want to go to a four year institution, I honestly cannot think of any community college better than this to attend. Join the scholars program. This gives you an opportunity to transfer to UCLA with TAP or a transfer alliance program. Basically it almost guarantees you'll get accepted given you keep a high GPA. Make friends with your professors, I cannot stress this enough. The staff deserves 11 stars if I could give them. Plan your classes out well and you will end up going to the four year of your choice. This is a great way to save money before going to a four year, and it's a wonderful place to be. Parking is a duel to the death, so with that my friends I wish you luck. Stay focused, do your work, and I promise It'll pay off.
Glendale Community College made me who I truly am today. I have transferred from there but I frequently visit and get involved in play production at the campus. The community surrounding it is very kind and friendly and the school is a great and healthy place to connect with others and educate yourself.
I loved attending GCC. Classes are small so you get a lot of one on one interaction with the professor.
Glendale Community College offered a variety of courses with phenomenal staff members who did an excellent job of educating students.
I had to transfer to Glendale Community College and it has been the best experience so far! There are amazing people with beautiful personalities, the professors are kind and know their stuff. Although there isn't that much diversity, everyone treats each other with respect and are very friendly. The counselors, admission, financial aid departments and more have been very very helpful and are knowledgeable in the topics that I needed help with. Glendale Community College overall is an amazing college to go to, to get a certficate and/or transfer out of to a university.
I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the campus and the available opportunities for me to succeed. I also noticed there is a lot of diversity within students which contributes to your overall experience. As this being my third year at Glendale College I can whole heartedly say I would recommend this campus to anyone interested. You will not regret it, not to mention tuition units are fairly cheaper than most other community colleges. Go Matadors!
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - California
I got to know the school like the back of my hand. i hear the teachers are better in Pasadena community college but i chose Glendale due to the commute. the parking is more expensive in Glendale than Pasadena. there is free parking after 2 p.m. at the Verdugo skate park across from the school. the admissions office, financial aid office, counselors office is now all in one building which is convenient, instead of having to walk from one corner of the school to the other.
The school has one of the nicest views when leaving the parking structure you can see the mountains and the city.As well most teachers don't try to force their beliefs down your throat.The teachers are very knowledgable especially in CS department. Some don't know how to explain it very well but there is no denying the fact that they know what they are talking about. Whenever you are stuck on something they will sit down with you and walk you through it most of the time.What I especially like about it is anyone that is willing to learn will learn however if you are just their to mess around the professors have no problem calling you out.
Here are a few pointers to use if you decide to come here:

1. To avoid paying the hefty parking permits each semester, use the Verdugo Park parking structure next to the skate park zone after 2 pm, it is free. It may be helpful to plan your classes after 2 pm to use the free parking access nearest to the campus.

2. Get yourself familiar with departments like EOPS, GAIN, and the scholarship department. They all have large resources of financial assistance to help you obtain all the necessary equipment for classes at no cost.

3. Rent, do not buy: If you need a Texas 84, 85 calculator, rent from the Business Office for $20 bucks a semester.

4. Log on to Facebook and add yourself to the GCC page. There are students who donate their textbooks and sell for pennies.

5. StudyBlue, and OpenStax.org: are FREE online websites connected to the campus that are resources for students and teachers.