Glendale Community College - California Reviews

Here are a few pointers to use if you decide to come here:

1. To avoid paying the hefty parking permits each semester, use the Verdugo Park parking structure next to the skate park zone after 2 pm, it is free. It may be helpful to plan your classes after 2 pm to use the free parking access nearest to the campus.

2. Get yourself familiar with departments like EOPS, GAIN, and the scholarship department. They all have large resources of financial assistance to help you obtain all the necessary equipment for classes at no cost.

3. Rent, do not buy: If you need a Texas 84, 85 calculator, rent from the Business Office for $20 bucks a semester.

4. Log on to Facebook and add yourself to the GCC page. There are students who donate their textbooks and sell for pennies.

5. StudyBlue, and are FREE online websites connected to the campus that are resources for students and teachers.
There aren't many professors to choose from for Biology and Chemistry courses and most of the professors who are part of a lab and lecture section are not in sync with each other which makes it difficult to learn how to apply what was said in the lecture to the lab. Also, grading is unfair as you can do well and still not pass the class and when you contact the professor they do not tell you why you got the grade and neither does the head of the division.
The location is wonderful it is right off the freeway and the staffs are great, I loved most of my professors and they are so very helpful with you getting good grades. They care about the students and gives tons of help for you to achieve your goals. The time being I learned so many great things, there's plenty of things you can learn, whether or not you are transferring or just trying to learn for fun. It's a great place for you to explore and figure out what you want in life
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - California
I absolutely love my school for the very purpose of feeling like I actually have a chance at succeeding in college. Glendale is a small college so it feels very intimate on top of that they have an aviation department so it makes me happy that I dont have to drive far to become a pilot. We have some of the greatest proffesors as well and good resources!
The Campus is super clean and so nice. The classrooms are small and the teachers are super caring and interactive.
Overall my experience at Glendale community college has been positive. I wish I had received more help from the counseling department in terms of guidance towards classes, but the professors that care fill that role very well
I am a returning student after a 1 1/2 year absence,and a gradute from GCC..
At 60+ yrs. of age, I am always trying to better may knowledge.
Even though I had my student id. card, and all my information in their computer data base, admissions told me that after that length of time I had to start from square one.... A NEW INCOMING STUDENT
I am not able to register for spring classes until my application has been approved, which I was told could be 48 to 72 hours. After 2 1/2 hours at the campus today, I am still not registered for any classes!!!
What an F'ed up Mess! Their new policy makes it extremely difficult for returning students.
Why couldn't the ID. been checked, and re-activated??? Great computer system.
Even if approved-- I don't think I will go back!
It was just ok. Classes are large and there is no personal involvement from the instructors and professors.
I like that the professors consistently push their students to reach their full potential. I was one of those students that was shy to share my smarts and contribute my thoughts to class discussions; I would usually only apply it on paper. My professor purposely picked on me (not literally) in class because he knew I had something up my sleeve that could make for a great discussion and my input could possibly help others in the class. Now I am a lot more comfortable with speaking up on topics I feel for. I have also heard my friends on campus say the same thing about their professors, so I know I am not the only one. I think that is really important because a professor that actually cares and wants to see their students succeed encourages a student to actually try in the classroom.

There are also a numerous amount of resources, clubs, sports, and activities that students have access to which also plays a huge role in a student's success.
Glendale Community College gives you many different kinds of activities. I am an international student, so I was afraid of making friends and speaking English. However, they supported me to enjoy campus life as international club activities and sports. They also guide me when I was confused in class. They let me join tutoring programs such as math and music. When I had a problem with homework, I always asked them who taught for free in a tutor. My last semester, finally I got a good grade because of college's supports. I am very thankful that I joined in school activities.
I've been a student here for 2 and a half years, and it's been great. Everyone is willing to help when you need it, the resources they have are extraordinary. Definitely helped with the transition from high school to college.
Glendale Community College is a very beautiful campus and has lots of friendly staff and professors. If there were more books on Circulation in the library that would be nice. Also if the top lot for parking was more accessible to cars , it would be easier to get to class.
I had excellent teachers during my time at Glendale Community College.
The campus is great because it is not very crowded like other community colleges in Los Angeles. I would highly recommend this community college to people who are serious about their studies.
What I like about Glendale Community College is that all faculty members are willing to assist you. Every professor is willing to go the extra mile in helping you out, but most importantly professors make you feel that they care.
Glendale Community College has been a good experience so far. The majority of the professors seemed to have a passion for teaching and enjoyed to do so. However there seemed to be one or two that seemed a little more lackadaisical. Parking is usually easy in the morning and ate evening but around mid day parking is scarce. There is plenty of financial aid available and finding help and doing the paper work has been a breeze. Overall it has been a good experience and rate this college well.
They are good and helpful. Teachers are good and teach you as many ways so you can learn and help others if need to.
I think Glendale Community College was pretty good. I did learn a lot, but you have to make sure you research the Professors and see if they're good because you don't want to get stuck with a bad teacher.
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - California
Glendale Community College is a beautiful campus and is very safe. It is very likely that the classes you want to take will be available. Counselors and Financial aid office are easy to get in to see.
Glendale Community College has a beautiful campus and is near three bus stops which make the transportation easy for students. The campus staffs and students are friendly. The level of education and expectation is high and above average. The professors are very strict and have good knowledge of their topics.
The professors at GCC are all passionate and from my point of view from taking classes at a cal state and here I admire the knowledge received here at GCC. The location is beautiful view of the mountains, they offer free lunch at their cafeteria. Everything is great here even their campus the only thing you may argue about is parking, the cost for a parking permit, and it is a community college so you don't have to be that involved in the student life but they offer so much