Glendale Community College - Arizona Reviews

1,390 reviews
I love it! They have decent food. Most of the professors are good. The classes are small. The campus is nice looking.
I loved Glendale Community College. The teachers worked hard with the students to ensure that they received the highest grades possible. They care more about student success than about the ratings that students would give them. It was incredible to feel that I had personal help from them any time I needed it. The feel at Glendale Community College was welcoming and allowed for me to feel included, especially because I was living on my own for the very first time, and because I wasn't from Phoenix.
What I love most about GCC is the many opportunities that are available to their students. There is a vast amount of clubs that students are able to join to become involved with their fellow students. A lot of the clubs provide volunteer, scholarship, and sometimes even internship opportunities.
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - Arizona
Glendale Community College is an excellent college to attain an associate degree, certification, or to simply transfer to a university. In addition to being cost effective, the school offers an array of courses that fit into a vast amount of degree programs and certifications. The professors and staff members demonstrate their passion for student success by providing guidance, support, and learning tools to efficiently prepare the students for more than just higher learning, but real life applicable knowledge. The campus welcomes all students of different backgrounds and statuses and has a variety of sports and clubs for students to join and commune with one another. Everyone is bound to discover their purpose and develop skills that will last a lifetime.
I am freshman at Glendale Community College, I enjoy my experience at Glendale Community College. The campus is near my house and, the drive is less than fifteen minutes from my house. The professor are seriously about the education if you put in the time and effort.
It's convenient, great professors, and full of students like me that want to learn and develop their careers.
Overall, the college was a comfortable environment and had many resources, but the professors were either very good, or very poor with overall lecture/care for students. I believe the school is an overall 7/10.
When starting at GCC I was a sophomore in high school and i was really nervous. I was very focused on achieving my goals at GCC and I did i completed my English classes before even graduating. I feel like being at GCC its a good community people are so sweet and my counselor really helped me when I struggled. I just feel like it should become more diverse.
This is a great school. The people here are very friendly and someone is always trying to help you get ahead and make sure you will graduate
This is a very good school, a majority of the teachers are understanding and nice. Classes are not too hectic unless procrastination is involved. Other faculty members that you don't get in a classroom are pleasant also. A lot of people try to help you out when you need it.
Glendale Community College offers two campuses for students to attend, providing education opportunities across the west and northwest parts of the valley, to a wide, diverse student population. The professors care and support the students. Glendale Community College provides a great student life along with a vigorous curriculum.
Some fantastic instructors and a good looking campus. There is a park and public library right behind the school, but the surrounding area is rather poor. Receive a safety report from the campus security in response to an event about every month, but there is an obvious police presence on campus with a local Fire Department within view of the parking lot. Expect to hear a lot of Sirens due to this. Has EMT-P and Fire Fighter training, EMT-P program was mismanaged and not well organized with little communication between instructors. The instructors themselves were hit or miss, several were highly professional and helpful, others were inappropriate and took a put-down approach to teaching. Outside of that the science teachers have been great, with a well supplied lab, plenty of models and plastinates. Advisement was good but the financial aid staff were never helpful whenever I needed them and either misunderstood the situation or didn't understand, and weren't the most polite.
I like attending Glendale Community College. It Is a new experience for me. I get to be exposed to different material and expand my knowledge in certain subjects.
Most professors are good and enjoy teaching. The campus is clean simple and pretty nicely taken care of. Parking is a mess but thats a given

the one flaw is the enrollment system is very flawed. I was sitting in class on the first day of one of my semester and even though i checked 3 days before that everything was sorted i got an email saying i was dropped. Then when i went to fix being dropped they tried to tell me i wouldn't be able to get back in as i didn't attend the first day..... like i said i was sitting in this very class when i learned i was dropped.
I am currently attending glendale community college and it has been a great experience so far. I am only a freshman and I plan to transfer soon but their staff is extremely nice and very helpful.
GCC has a great teaching staff. The teachers there are very dedicated to share there own experiences as a professional but best of all as a student. They also are well connected with other universities, so transferring credits becomes easier. They have also many event and opportunities to show case student project and personal works.
In high school, some teachers belittled community colleges which gave me low confidence about attending Glendale Community College (GCC). I'm here to say that GCC provides a friendly environment with tons of resources to help better your education. Professors often stress the many opportunities GCC offers, such as tutoring, counseling, and essay assistance. I would also like to applaud the athletic department in their passion for constantly seeking ways to improve their programs. There is nothing wrong with going to a community college. I have learned this by attending GCC.
Start Your Review of Glendale Community College - Arizona
GCC is a very beautiful campus that is just smaller then a big university campus. Great teachers and academic programs that help one achieve their goals on moving forward. I suggest Glendale Community College is you look to receive a 2 years associates degree.
all my professors really care about their students and they sacrifice their own time to educate students. The campus is great and all the students are very friendly people
They are smaller classes which is great if your like me and find it easier to connect with your teacher. It's great to have that personal connection wit you teachers and fellow students. I would recommend going to this school for at least your associates degree. Did I mention it's super affordable!!!!