Glen Oaks Community College Reviews

So far things before classes have started have been fairly smooth. My financial aid has taken way too long and I almost missed out on signing up for classes due to their odd rule of paying the remaining balance 48 hrs after you have registered for classes. Some counselors do not seem to know programs very well and have not been all that much help.
the school is very well operated with great teachers and class size. My only downside to this college is the administration office doesn't help at all.
Glen Oaks Community College values students education and experience. Other students and myself enjoy the learning environment of Glen Oaks, where everybody is like family. Glen Oaks helps students expand their knowledge to be capable of success in their future careers. Attending Glen Oaks helps students to get in the right mindset and learn what they need to know to truly achieve their dreams. In the time I have attended, Glen Oaks has already taught me valuable resources to apply in life in the time and I can’t wait to learn more. By choosing Glen Oaks I know I will be more prepared for my future than choosing another option. Glen Oaks has an ethic to help students thrive and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Start Your Review of Glen Oaks Community College
This is a great place to start your college education! Tuition is easily affordable, and there are many scholarship opportunities. I wouldn't change a thing about Glen Oaks.
I have only attended Glen Oaks for short time but It has been great experience. The teachers I have all want to see me succeed. The school is great when it comes to tutor help. All I had to do was go to the library and I got help right away. The only thing I wish would change would be there limited field options to pursue but they have the career you want to pursue I would most definitely suggest Glen Oaks. Its an excellent school.
Everything is super close I'm going to play baseball there so it is very convenient the dorms are super nice and my classes are no more then a 2 minute walk away from my dorm.
I like how they work with nearby high schools because it allowed me to get free college credits. Sometimes I wonder about how good the academics are, but I know they have a fairly good nursing program, thats just not the field I'm going into. I wish the school had music classes because then I'd consider going there after high school.
The staff at Glen Oaks are very respectful and always willing to help. Phone calls are always returned by the next day from Financial Aid, Registration, etc. They work well with online students like me, because when I have to go take an exam at the campus, the testing center is open until 8pm Mon-Thurs, plus they’re even open until noon on Saturdays. It’s a great school to attend! (:
I loved glen oaks. I has a very small school feel which makes it easier for you to learn. The professors in this small college are able to give more one on one time due to the smaller class size.
I think that Glen Oaks was the perfect first step to college for me. I spent my first year and a half at Glen Oaks to get my basic classes out of the way close to home because I was dealing with anxiety, and it was the best school for me. The professors were amazing and extremely helpful, and they really made sure that I completed my MTA for when I transfer to my University in the fall. I really appreciate Glen Oaks and their staff because my first year of college was an amazing experience.
Glen oaks is a great community college. I really love have you can have a one on one with your professor and the classes are small. Also, tutor center is great! Something eles that made my college go smooth is the help of my TRIO advisor. SERIOULY! Sign up for the TRIO program!
Great school for getting a degree and/or transferring to a major university at an affordable price. Not a party scene school, but what do you want from a community college.
I am currently attending school at Glen Oaks Community College. I started community college right after high school, and GOCC is in the same town as my high school, so it is conveniently located for high school graduates in Centreville, MI. The college's location is also close to other high schools in the county.
My overall experience at Glen Oaks has been positive. The professors are knowledgeable. I rarely question their ability to teach or whether the information they are sharing is inaccurate. The instructors are happy to teach the students, and they enjoy their jobs. The staff at the college are very friendly! They may not know who you are, but they will smile and greet you no matter what, which is thoughtful. And the staff is helpful! They will come to your aid and answer your questions.
My classes were scheduled for my schedule they weren't just set up because that's the only time for the class they were scheduled so they work for me.
I love my online courses they are so easy to manage and use submitting my work is quite easy MSU has it set up very well with their D2L system.
Job placement after school at our college is great the job placement in about any of the fields is high with certificate programs all the way to a bachelors degree.
The class sizes at my school are tremendous they aren't big but they aren't small either its like going to a public high school all over again.
Start Your Review of Glen Oaks Community College
My MSU advisor at Glen Oaks is so helplful she has a lot of connections with alumni and people in the Agricultural business these days and can help get kids an internship at a lot of places.
The program is great because we learn a lot of real world application skills and our program is very hands on.
The school staff is very helpful and the school is so inviting plus the classes aren't huge.