Gettysburg College Reviews

Gettysburg College shaped me into the person I am today! While the cost is high, professors truly care about their students' success; my professors allowed me to chart my own course in my academic endeavors. Student life was also strong; working in Residence Life provided much professional development, and my involvement in clubs allowed for a vibrant social life.
Campus dining was absolutely amazing; the food was excellent and the staff warm and welcoming. A beautiful community to be a part of.
I think that going to Gettysburg College at first was a challenge because of the majority of students are White and I'm Asian. It was difficult to make friends at first but I'm really grateful that there is a department that is for international students. The professors are really nice and dedicated. They actually care about my academic process and there are many resources that help me survive my freshman year. Students are friendly and pretty cool. Not only they are ambitious, passionate and competitive in their studies but are also party people. The downside is the campus is located where there aren't that many things to do on the weekends besides going to parties. If you don't know how to drive like I am or you are a freshman, be aware that Gettysburg's public transportation is not that great. Most of the time you will walk. Buses and shuttles take a while and closed during weekends You may use Uber or Lyft but it's very limited.
I've had some really dedicated teachers who make me passionate about my field of study. However, there have some problems with the faculty and staff, since they sometimes don't seem to care about the health of the students. There was black mold in one of the first year dorm buildings, and they likely knew there was some there, but didn't do anything about it until it became too bad to ignore. Despite this, I have had many great experiences at this school with professors and students alike, and had a great undergraduate career.
Start Your Review of Gettysburg College
I applied to Gettysburg College through early decision and I haven't regretted it. There are a ton of opportunities to be involved in the history/Civil War community here and a plethora of internships for the major. They are very accommodating with financial aide. The professors are overall very approachable.
Gettysburg College is a fine academic institution with a great alumni network. Do great work here. The social life is amazing too. My experience so far has been really good.
Gettysburg College is a great place for someone of any culture or background. The science programs are amazing and really allow for some great internships and involvement. All the foreign languages have a strong academics as well. Being a liberal arts school, you have to take a lot of classes and even if they have nothing to do with your major, you learn a lot and meet different people outside your major that you normally would not.
I haven't had a professor that I didn't like. The faculty are very friendly and try to get to know every student in the class. Class sizes are small, and personal connections are highly valued. Research positions are readily available as well. The administration is also very receptive to student needs.
I absolutely love Gettysburg! Every time I go home for breaks I can't wait to be back on campus. First of all the campus is so beautiful and the downtown area is fun to explore. The academics and professors are top notch. The small class sizes really make a difference in your learning experience. The professors encourage you to attend their office hours and they are very approachable. Furthermore the students work together and help one another (its not like those super competitive atmospheres where everyone is only looking out for themselves). There is a huge variety of extracurricular activities students can get involved with too. In terms of the social scene greek life is a huge component. However being non-greek has not made my experience in Gettysburg any less enjoyable.
Gettysburg College is a liberal arts school, that is highly involved in the students career and well being. The teachers make the effort to get to know the students and help them succeed by all means possible. However, some teachers see the need to push certain ideas and beliefs on the students, though the students have expressed difference, which is highly inappropriate.
I'm a freshman at Gettysburg and I have to say that I really like it. I have a great group of friends and I like all of my classes. Some of my professors are really bad, but they were for an entry level class so it doesn't really matter that much. I have learned a lot so far and my good professors are always willing to help. There a re a lot of clubs on campus, but the school is starting to crack down on fraternities, as they don't really like them which I think is dumb. Greek life is really big on campus and a majority of people rush. The party scene is sometimes hit or miss it just depends on what you think is fun.
It's a fantastic school. Its gorgeous at all times of the year. It has a very friendly faculty and student body. It's academic are also top notch.

My only complaint would be most of the social scene revolves around the fraternities on campus.
Gettysburg is a wonderful little school if you like smaller campuses. The campus is beautiful, and many of the buildings are newly rennovated. Getting anywhere urban is a long drive however, as the nearest city is Harrisburg, PA, and is almost an hour away.
I love the location of Gettysburg college and the students that attend. There is a family type brotherhood that is built with the people you meet and you make friends and relationships that will last a life time. If there was one one thing that could change at Gettysburg is the diversity. The school needs to have a more diverse group of students.
I really liked Gettysburg. The health sciences program was great. Offers nice campus housing and amenities. There's a pretty strong greek life culture that might not be for everyone though.
Gettysburg is a beautiful campus. The academics are rigorous but not unmanageable. You will find some people who are very competitive and others who are more relaxed about grades. The professors are all dedicated to their students and willing to go the extra mile. Diversity on campus is ok, we have socioeconomic and racial diversity but less international diversity. We have a great gym and intramural/club sports program. We're division 3 so our collegiate sports programs are only okay (not a lot of fans watch the games). Depending on what dorm you live in, it can either be really nice or subpar. For freshmen the best dorms are Huber and Hanson. There's a great party scene thanks to the fraternities. However, if you don't participate you can still have fun. The local area is cute and we get lots of tourists but overall there's not much on offer. Campus food is better than most places but it gets repetitive. There's lots of fun clubs on campus and things to do, never a dull moment!
Completely amazing school in a picturesque location. A little isolated, but there are always a variety of things to do on campus.
Health Center sucks but the Counseling Center is great (THEY HAVE A DOG). Lots of Blue Lights across campus and most of campus is completely lit at night. We are not exempt from sexual assault, unfortunately.
Start Your Review of Gettysburg College
Freshman housing usually sucks but it is in an ideal location, whereas upperclassman housing is pretty nice (for the most part....looking at you, Muss) but usually a pretty far walk from classes
While Greek life is extremely prevalent on campus, people who are not in Greek life are not looked down upon or isolated. People who are in Greek life are not judged based on their affiliation.
We have great athletic facilities and our teams usually do pretty well. The athletes aren't very clique-y, which is good.