Germanna Community College Reviews

What I love about Germanna is they are always so helpful and kind, the staff always make everything as easy as possible.
As far as community colleges go, Germanna has to be one of the best. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and for students that didn't get a whole lot of college prep in high school they are a fantastic intermediate step, always being there for any sort of questions you have.
This is a great school and much more than I expected from a community college. The classes and professors are great, and the campus is really nice.
Start Your Review of Germanna Community College
I really liked how flexible GCC was. Not only that but it was a great and friendly environment overall. All of my professors were more than happy to help me and my fellow classmates. They enjoyed their jobs and it truly showed!
I love Germanna, there are some pretty great professors. The faculty are very knowledgeable and helpful if they don’t have an answer to your question they will find an answer.
The professors here are generally very concerned about their students future and where their class we lead them after it is done. The staff is friendly and I have always had a positive experience with counseling, financial aid, and the school store. I will miss this place when I transfer.
Germanna is a great opportunity for new students and for people that have to balance work and other daily obligations
Honestly, I was not excited about going to Germanna at first when I saw everybody else going off to universities, but I have saved so much money and I have had some great professors. Additionally, Germanna gave me the opportunity to get work experience while in school, which helped me narrow down what I want my career to be. The campus is nice, most of the professors are very organized and helpful, and the career and transfer center is amazing. I do not regret going to Germanna instead of a university after high school.
I believe the school is a solid option when deciding where to head next. They offer a broad array of topics for study.
This school is amazing if you want to save money! The professors are great and really help you when you need it. I was skeptical at first coming here but I wouldn't ask for anything else. The staff and professors really help you into a 4 year school.
Germanna Community College is a wonderful college that provides its students with a variety of opportunities to expand their career as well as provide support for completing classes, such as tutoring.
great university. The people that have worked with me have been so helpful. They seem like they want to help you. This is a huge deal for me as it has not been the easiest road for my schooling.
I am currently full time HS senior at Germanna dual enrollment. I will be a freshman in Fall 2018. I am working on my associates in general studies and then transferring to Liberty University. I want to be a victim advocate for the FBI.
Professors engage very well with the students. There are many ways to get help with anything you are struggling with.
I like the availability and flexibility from the faculty and staff, all my teachers were very responsive to any emails and I sent and replied promptly too. If anything would need change, I would say the Guidance Office and Financial Aid, as I had not so good experience when speaking with them. I either felt rushed to make a decision or stupid if I did not know the process they had to work with. Otherwise, my actual education and learning experience was quite good.
Most of the teachers are truly fantastic here, they strive to teach and have students learn their subject no matter what. Most of them are very kind and very helpful, and open to questions. No matter how many there may be. However, administration is tricky. There are some kind Deans but there are rude security guards threatening to get a restraining order on people for simply being loud. And the planner for event is very unreliable.
Germanna Community College is a good community college for anyone looking to take a few courses to prepare for a four year college degree. I attended Germanna right before transferring to Averett University. It was a nice campus where student life was simple. It did not have dorms or any party life going on and the staff genuinely cared to make sure the students were taken care of properly. I would recommend Germanna to anyone!
Start Your Review of Germanna Community College
For the most part, Germanna has good professors that will try to work with you if you need extra help or if a situation occurs. At the Daniel Technology Center, there isn't much to do and I feel like I'm missing out on student activities. Also, the library databases are not helpful at all.
Germanna staff is excellent and the campus is clean and aesthetically pleasing. The online portal can be intimidating at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature.
Overall, Germanna is a good community college. I have only had a few poor professors. It has served well as a sort of checkpoint before university. As a community college there is no housing offered; however, many people will post ads for roommates. The counselors are very helpful with anything that is needed for transferring. One thing I wish was available is athletic programs. I enjoy participating in sports in my free time; although, there are no organized teams at the community college.