Germanna Community College Reviews

Germanna Community College is a good community college for anyone looking to take a few courses to prepare for a four year college degree. I attended Germanna right before transferring to Averett University. It was a nice campus where student life was simple. It did not have dorms or any party life going on and the staff genuinely cared to make sure the students were taken care of properly. I would recommend Germanna to anyone!
For the most part, Germanna has good professors that will try to work with you if you need extra help or if a situation occurs. At the Daniel Technology Center, there isn't much to do and I feel like I'm missing out on student activities. Also, the library databases are not helpful at all.
Germanna staff is excellent and the campus is clean and aesthetically pleasing. The online portal can be intimidating at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature.
Start Your Review of Germanna Community College
Overall, Germanna is a good community college. I have only had a few poor professors. It has served well as a sort of checkpoint before university. As a community college there is no housing offered; however, many people will post ads for roommates. The counselors are very helpful with anything that is needed for transferring. One thing I wish was available is athletic programs. I enjoy participating in sports in my free time; although, there are no organized teams at the community college.
My first year in Germanna wasn’t what I expected. I did not do too well but it was from my own mistakes of not taking my first semester seriously (I was too focused of trying to be a good employee rather than a good student). Never the less, the enrollment process through germanna is fairly simple. My only concern is that the next semester enrollment starts way too early and it makes the deadline for the payment for that next semester even before the current semester has finished. I also had problems with my financial aid being processed on time despite filling my application several months before the start of the semester. But some teachers make the classes really manageable so there isn’t too much stress on their students.
Germanna community college in Fredericksburg Virginia is really great I have had very good experiences here
Fredericksburg Campus:

Tutoring services leave a lot to be desired. The Writing center is amazing, while the math center is uncomfortable and cold. The tutors I have encountered have made me feel uncomfortable/bad for asking for help. That aside, the school is awesome and they want you to succeed.
It is an average community college with basic facilities. However, what truly matters it that it serves as wonderful transition to any school in Virginia. You can go with being able to have had low SAT scores and average high school grades to a student in UVA if you apply yourself. The teachers and counselors care and even if they don't have the most state of the art material, it's most valuable asset is its opportunity for a fresh start and second chance.
I enjoy Germanna and I look forward to all my classes that I am enrolled in. Professors generally want the best for you and provide lots of materials to study to become an expert on that subject. One thing i would like to see change is just to have scheduling done easier but that is always a struggle wherever you go. Over all a great place to get started on college especially if you are paying it yourself.
Germanna has great professors and friendly, helpful staff. I'm especially pleased with my success coach and my faculty advisor. They have both given me wonderful advice during the time I have been at Germanna! Most of the professors teach in an engaging manner and encourage their students to think critically and to learn as much as they can. One thing I would like to see improve at Germanna is the college social life. The students are friendly, but there are not many social events on campus. Clubs are almost non-existent. Nevertheless, I continue to enjoy my time at Germanna!
I liked the that class sizes were generally small, which created a more engaging atmosphere between students and professors. There were many programs that facilitated student success, and all of the administration and Student Success Coaches seemed personally invested in the success of the students they served. Because Germanna is a community college, plenty of non-traditional students are attracted, and overall, this creates a very diverse atmosphere, which I believe is one of Germanna Community College's strongest assets.
This college is a great school to go to right after high school, especially if you are not ready to attend a four-year university. The professors and students are incredible individuals and they heavily contribute to the great environment offered at this school. The Fredericksburg Area Campus is much bigger than the Locust Grove Campus, but either way Germanna Community College is very accepting and the people there do their very best to help you achieve your goals.
Everyone is very considerate and kind. I've always felt very safe on campus even at night whereas other colleges such as NOVA have a higher crime rate.
Being at Germanna Community College is a great experience. It's local not too far from my house, and I have the opportunity to progress my academics. The Professor's are very helpful, and understanding. With the class sizes being so limit, I feel as if I can concentrate a lot better, also another plus is that you'll have the chance to receive that one-on-one time with the professor if it's needed for extra help. Definitely having a great experience learning!
Other students are easy going and easy to get along with. Teachers care about the students and want students to do well
I think Germanna is a great college, easy way to save money for future schooling and it's closer to home.
Great staff, but lacking in other areas. Difficult to navigate the enrolling process, because I live in Stafford, and it does not say anywhere what i need to bring with me (SAT transcripts, etc.). A million trips.
Start Your Review of Germanna Community College
Germanna does not offer my major, or any majors relating to my field of of study. I am stuck with general ed. until i transfer to a 4 year for Anthropology
I have had a minimal experience so far with Germanna, however, the experience I have had was been wonderful.
When I became disabled the professors were wonderful. I have had a wonderful experience at Germanna.