Georgian Court University Reviews

I am a senior at this school, I transferred here in Fall of 2015. I really thought this place was going to provide an excellent education and a rigorous one where I would have academic growth. Unfortunately, my wishes and predictions proved to be very very wrong. This place is way overpriced for the education you get. The classes are not challenging enough at all, and you have to take mindless and useless gen ed classes that have nothing to do with your major, and the class times are unacceptable as well. This place is a joke, and please, whatever you do, don't let these clowns here fool you about how great this place is. They will lie to get you to come and be trapped at this so-called "university," which I don't think it is at all. Its old, outdated, rundown, in a depressing area, and not worth what you pay. I can't stand this place and can't wait to be done this upcoming Fall. Half the students here, as far as I'm concerned have no business being in a college.
Academics and professors at the school are pretty good for some majors, but the social aspect and dorms are torture. It's probably a great school for commuters, but if you have to dorm, don't come here. The dorms are disgusting and barely cleaned, there's mold, the food is awful, and there's never any activities or clubs. It's not worth all of the money students pay. I'm transferring at the end of the year, because I couldn't imagine spending another three years at the school.
I enjoy Georgian Court because the class size is very small, the teachers are knowledgeable and personal, and I feel like I am receiving a great education.
Review Georgian Court University
GCU is a very small campus. Even tho it is small i liked how the teachers were able to give you 1v1 attention in classes if you are confused. I played soccer at Georgian Court University and the teachers were fantastic dealing with me when i had a game and had to miss practice. All the teachers and staff there are very nice and respectful. I would 100% recommend GCU to students. I believe it is a university on the rise to better and greater things.
Georgian Court University is a very small, private Catholic college located in Lakewood. Although the surrounding area of the campus is not so great, the campus is beautiful. On campus you can find a beautiful fountain, many statues, and old historic buildings with fascinating architecture. Class sizes are relatively small, consisting of about 30 students. There are activities for students to participate in, there are a lot of clubs that students can join, and there is a student lounge that is nice to spend time in. I like Georgian Court because with the small classes, you are able to establish a relationship with an instructor where they know what to expect from you, and they can tell you are truly making an effort in their class. With larger universities, it is common for the instructor to know maybe one or two student which would not be beneficial to me.
In my opinion I really love this school. The professors really care where you are trying to get your self in life. They try very hard to keep you up with your work and if you fall behind they will talk to you and try to get you back on track. Also the campus is simply beautiful . Id highly recommend to visit it.
As I am a commuting, grad student, attending part time, I may not accurately portray the sports program.
I have only started my Masters, however I have taken classes on the graduate level before here for certification and have been pleased with the school.
there are some good atheletes
I like it small class sizes. Students are friendly.
Don't know much about it.
School is alright, I enjoy my program but some of the teachers aren't the best. I've had two really great ones. Overall recommend.
no one hangs out so instances are slim to none
average, could be much better regarding help with grants and scholorships
overall okay, should be better, esp considering a mostly female student body. Classes starting and ending late, with most commuting is really unacceptable
great professors, limited class scheduling and classes until 10:20 pm are unacceptable
Safety is very exaggerated here, every corner you turn there's a security officer staring into your eyes. No one can get on campus unless you sign in or have an idea, so the health of your safety is not a threat. Everyone is safe here.
Review Georgian Court University
I haven't looked too into internships yet but I know that certain professors give the opportunity to be a part of an online membership that allows you to see different internships and job opportunities. Also, the work study is very accessible which is nice.
I really enjoy the education aspect of the school. If anything will keep me here, it will be the education program. The courses are easy to pass because the teachers use Blackboard which lets the students know when everything is due, when there will be test, and so on. The class sizes are small which allows the professors to get to know you.
We don't have a Greek Life whatsoever.