Georgia State University was founded in 1913. For more than a century, our ambitious spirit has helped us shape our students into accomplished alumni, change the face of downtown Atlanta and rise as a dynamic research university. Today our 250-plus degree programs and welcoming culture attract more than 51,000 students from more than 170 countries, every state in the nation and every county in Georgia. Diversity is a defining part of our DNA.
We’re recognized as a national leader in student success. We are changing the way our students are learning, helping them graduate faster and save millions on the pathway to their degrees. It’s no wonder The Washington Post called us a “hotbed of growth and innovation.”
Georgia State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Rates starting at 4.25% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.335 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.366 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.366 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.422 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.493 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.235 responses