Georgia State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Sun Belt Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.335 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.355 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.355 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 225 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.411 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.482 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 263 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.235 responses
Georgia State University Reviews
I have had a wonderful experience at Georgia State University! I was a transfer students from Georgia State University (Clarkston campus), and I will say the transition was great. Because of the education program's cohort style, I was able to build relationships with people who were facing the same experience/issues as me. I felt safe on campus, and there were endless opportunities for entertainment! I would recommend students to enroll at Georgia State University!
I transferred from Savannah State University to Georgia State University in the Fall of 2017. Upon my arrival the first day of school the professors in all my classes have been amazing. There is no shortage on the number of friends, I have made so far and the University Housing has many amenities to offer for from my own room, study areas, organizations geared toward students in housing and much more The on campus housing representative and the college allow companies such as Amazon, Atlanta Braves and Chick-fi-a to come in to speak with the students for possible internships! I recently joined an organization in which I can participate with community service projects and fundraisers. I could not ask for a better experience with Georgia State University the past few months!
Georgia State University is such a great University that has everything a student needs. If you are a transfer student, attending their perimeter campus because you are a high school student, or just a normal freshman applying, you will be in the best hands. Everyone is super nice, and your professors want you to succeed. You have so many opportunities to get help- at a tutoring center, with other students in your class, or even one on one with your professor. It such a fantastic college!