Georgia Southwestern State University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Peach Belt Conference
Georgia Southwestern State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management74 Graduates
Elementary Education45 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching33 Graduates
Human Resources Management22 Graduates
Information Technology13 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.40 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Georgia Southwestern State University Reviews
I have only been here a semester but everything is great. There are tutors here to help you get an A, ice cream in the cafeteria and it is easy to navigate around campus. Only Biology majors have class on Friday's, so we have a longer weekend and there are so many activities to do when you stay for the weekend!
I spent my first two semesters as an online student after transferring from a two year institution but my contact with the Georgia Southwestern State University staff from the admissions office to my advisor as well as teachers has been awesome. They are always available to talk to me about my concerns or anything that I needed help with. I cannot say that about the college I transferred from. I plan to earn my Bachelor of Science degree from Georgia Southwestern State University and then move on to acquire my Masters degree in Physician Assistant studies.
GSW is a great school filled with teachers who want to see you succeed (minus the standard few that couldn’t care less.) In the last 3 years I’ve grown to love the small campus and class sizes, along with the ability to know at least one person every time I walk into a new class. My only complaint is the parking situation, which is less than ideal for commuters and on occasion, residents as well.