Georgia Southwestern State University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Peach Belt Conference
Georgia Southwestern State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management77 Graduates
Elementary Education43 Graduates
Human Resources Management26 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching26 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.33 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.39 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Georgia Southwestern State University Reviews
I have only been here a semester but everything is great. There are tutors here to help you get an A, ice cream in the cafeteria and it is easy to navigate around campus. Only Biology majors have class on Friday's, so we have a longer weekend and there are so many activities to do when you stay for the weekend!
Being at Georgia South has been such a great experience! All the professors are very helpful and seem to have your best interest when it comes to your education.
Overall Georgia Southwestern is a good school, and I enjoyed my freshman year there. I like that the campus is small and everything thing is close. This school is excellent with academics, and they have a great nursing program. Although the school is in a small town, you can still find things to do and have enough fun without getting side tracked.