Georgia Southern University - Armstrong Reviews

1,115 reviews
I really like attending Georgia Southern, I am at the Liberty campus so it is a much smaller location.
I recently visited this campus of Georgia Southern and I was highly satisfied with my experience. First, the students were very kind and helpful with all my questions. One student in particular even took it upon herself to introduce me to a teacher who works in the major I'm interested in. The campus is very beautiful and well maintained. The teachers are readily avaliable to their students, in class and outside of class.
The first thing you will notice is how nice, helpful and caring the professors, faculty, and staff are.
Start Your Review of Georgia Southern University - Armstrong
Love the professors here, most care about their students and want to see them succeed. Feel safe walking around the small campus, police officers are always around campus.
This is the most respectful college in southern Georgia. Located in Savannah, this college can draw a lot of attention to upcoming college students.
It's located in Savannah, Ga so there's always events to go to and things to do in that area. The college itself has great academics, has well-known health care science programs, and liberal art studies. Just recently a university merger became complete between Georgia Southern and Armstrong State, which means things will most likely improve and new experiences will come from it. As of right now it's a regular school with a community of students almost like a small town of people around your age. Even though that might be the case, I've had a very positive experience with my school by making memorable friends, having lively entertainment at school, joining one of the many clubs and getting involved, going out to the historic districts of town and walking down River Street, volunteering at the bi-annual Treasure Savannah, or enjoying the sunny beach of Tybee Island. This made all the difference and added onto my worthwhile time at Georgia Southern- Armstrong Campus.
I enjoy how dedicated the professors are as well as how they ensure each student gets the help needed to pass a class. I would like for the campus to be more diverse in student life, have more activities appealing to all races and nationalities.
I love this school. I will admit that the merge of Armstrong and GSU was met with negativity, but after a while it's been tolerable and has not changed much of what Armstrong was.
As far as education, this school has a good variety of education that is provided to it's students. The information is very valuable as well as the resources around campus, but sometimes the people giving the information or the various staff members around campus aren't the best. Although a select few of the staff and teachers aren't the best, there are many teachers and staff members who really take care in their jobs.
It is a very good school overall with helpful and educated professors and a beautiful, well-kept campus/atmosphere.
Beautiful landscaping on campus and many upgrades in progress to the facilities. The majority of professors I have had have been knowledgable and make the effort to ensure that students are given every opportunity to pass classes and understand the material. There are plenty of clubs and activities to help students explore new opportunities or interests and most people are friendly. Class sizes here range from 10 people up to about 100 but teachers make the effort to know who is in their classroom and to create an engaging environment.
The Armstrong Campus is very beautiful! It's a small campus so teacher-student relationships are possible. We have a variety of clubs and Greek life. The school is also very diverse.
Armstrong State University, part of the University System of Georgia, was founded in 1935. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate academic programs in the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Science and Technology, the College of Education and the College of Health Professions. Armstrong serves approximately 7,100 students at its main campus in Savannah and a regional center in Hinesville. The university’s diverse student population comes from 43 states, the District of Columbia and 67 countries.
At Armstrong we have plants from every continent besides Antarctica! Everyone is nice and welcoming. The only bad part about Armstrong is that not everyone cares about keeping the campus clean as much as I do. If students learned to throw their trash away, then it would be a whole lot better.
I absolutely love the school. I am a recently transfer student and when I first came to Armstrong I loved it! The teachers are so friendly and very helpful, the students are very nice, and there's always something to do on campus you will never get bored while being at Armstrong! I love to school so much that I want to apply for graduate school here as well.
I loved the teacher to student interactions! I really have high hopes that the consolidation with Georgia Southern is really worth the change!
I do not attend Armstrong Atlantic State University but i would to go there . They have my major that i want to study in and i want to experience college life in the state of Georgia.
Start Your Review of Georgia Southern University - Armstrong
I enjoy attending Armstrong. It has positively shaped my early adult life, especially since I am an out-of-state student. Armstrong has been my home away from home, and I can go early say it's been great. The food isn't very welcoming or delicious, but the atmosphere is wonderfully and the campus beautification team really does a great job making Armstrong well decorated and welcoming.
Compared to other schools Armstrong is much more affordable. I am not to crazy about the master programs, also think there should be more degree programs offered. They are merging with another university which is great. I hope to see improvement in classrooms and buildings. It’s an okay school.
Very small class sizes and extra helpful professors are the perfect recipe for success! The on campus resources are awesome and updates and the campus is so beautiful, especially their intricate gardens