Georgia Perimeter College Reviews

1,482 reviews
I haven’t yet been in attendance but I’ve visited and it’s amazing. LOVE the campus and smaller classes.
the people are always available to help when I have questions.the website is easy to use and also has many answers to any questions.
I get to go back to College after raising 2 kids 6 grands l am 64. My bucket lisy Master in Business Administration
Start Your Review of Georgia Perimeter College
While Perimeter is used as a stepping stool, to later move on to Georgia State's 4-year program, it seems as though it's put on the back burner. You'll need an arm and a leg to receive assistance throughout the school, administration wise. Academically, the teachers there try their best to cover the required work for the course. However, the admissions, financial aids office and book store, is always a hassle. I think they should hire more friendlier, helping, and attentive workers.
The application process was easy and admission staff was extremely helpful and made sure that I could get into school with no problem.
Georgia Perimeter College has unexpectedly opened many doors for me in terms of education. There are professors that genuinely care about their students and want them to do well for their future. Professors are always available outside of class hours as well. As far as the campus goes, each campus is not as spacious, but they do try to provide the best for the students. The main campus includes a cafeteria, bookstore, library, and even a gym. I don't regret choosing Georgia Perimeter College as my first step in my college education.
I have taken 6 classes so far. The classes are interesting and easy but require time management. I love Geology. It has been very interesting and useful. Economics was fine but the professor was very libertarian.
My experience at GPC has been a great one so far on my journey. When GSU took over the school I had my doubt because any time there is a merge there are always hiccups along the way. I can honestly say that the transition went smoothly and it was also to improve GPC. Now the school offers a direct pathway to transfer all my credits to GSU and continue on my educational path. If I had to change anything it would have to be more weekend classes available for students. Other than that I have enjoyed my experience here.
Georgia Perimeter is very conveniently located to where I live and an overall good community college. Since it's connected with Georgia State and it's satellite campuses, I have the option of taking classes at another location if a particular class isn't offered at my primary campus. My instructors are very knowledgeable and nice, but many are foreign which can make understanding their lectures somewhat challenging.
As a student at Georgia Perimeter College I feel A's I think had grown largely since it has merged with Georgia State University, which is one of the best business colleges in the U.S. One specific thing I admire and learn a lot from on this campus is the diversity. Student and teachers come from all around the world which different backgrounds and cultures. I have met many students here like myself who are first generation college students. I am a proud daughter from a first generation family. I have more access to activities and clubs that I am benefiting from and truly appreciate. I am good acedmically because of access to tutors and a big library with helpful resources such books. I am also transitioning to the Georgia State University next semester and the process to transition is easier than to transfer and that is all thanks to Georgia Perimeter College for merging with Georgia State University!
I have been at the Alpharetta location for three years, and since then we've merged with GSU. This college only offers associate degree programs. Since we are such a small campus, involvement in sports and recreational activities aren't substantial. However, since we became part of GSU, that has been changing. I would recommend coming here to get your early classes out of the way. We are located near many restaurants and fast food places. That's convenient because the campus does not have a cafeteria. There is no on-campus and off-campus housing, but there are plans for them as we expand. This is a great transition school. If you are looking for a big university community, this is not for you. But people are friendly, and classes are small. The education is good. I would recommend​ it.
The professors are knowledgeable and they take their time with instructions. They have multiple locations throughout the Atlanta Metro area. I have taken both online courses as well as classes on campus and the quality is the same.
I have enjoyed going to Georgia State University. One of the things it has taught me is that I am more than capable of doing anything if I put my mind to it. In addition, the teachers that I have learned from seem to understand the material and try to make analogies.
The college offers distance learning. This is great for students like me who need to work in order to pay for college. Going to school online lets me meet people from all over. It allows me to have a flexible schedule. The professors are also from different places. Overall, the experience has been great. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants an affordable college before attending a university. You are able to take liberal art classes and a few classes in your major at a reduced rate.
An overall good college, even with Georgia State Universities recent purchase of the college. Some of the courses have been shortened due to a merging of GSU and Georgia Perimeter course standards, so some courses can feel slightly rushed, but still overall teach you the required material in a timely manner.
I think Georgia Perimeter is a good school for people that are undecided about what college/university they are trying to go. There are also some cons and that is the enrollment for your classes. It can be a pain because I had two experiences were my classes got deleted because of a "glitch in the system" and they couldn't help me, they just told me to enroll in a different class and it completely messed up my classes.
I completed my prerequisite courses here for nursing so that I could transfer to a 4yr school and was overall pleased with the experience.
Start Your Review of Georgia Perimeter College
The tuition here is cheaper than most 4-year colleges, which is about $350 per credit hours(out of state). Georgia Perimeter College is under the system of Georgia State University, so students enrolled in Perimeter College are considered Georgia State University students. So students in 2-year programs are allowed to use the resources at Georgia State University. For examples, the library, gym, clubs... etc. There're five campuses, students can take classes at any campuses as they like.
In the fall of 2016, I applied to the Newton campus as a MOWR student, and they lost my application. I ended up going to Athens Tech (recommended over Perimeter). I applied once more for Spring 2018 after transferring out of a school I didn't like. I have sat on hold for at least 30 minutes each time I've called. I applied 2 months ago and have been waiting on a letter. I called and each time I asked "is there anything else you need from me to complete y application?" Each time the answer was no. It turns out, there was something "wrong" with my file and YES, they did need something more from me. Now I have to wait another month to get an answer because they lose for Christmas and might not get into any classes. PERIMETER COMMUNICATION SUCKS.
Teacher are very open and understanding. So many different events and cool stuff always around campus!