Georgia Perimeter College Reviews

1,486 reviews
I dual enroll at GPC/now GSU. I love the options for classes and the on-campus activities. Everyone is very nice and i feel safe on campus.
This school is pretty average in terms of most things here but what makes the school "very good" in my opinion is the small classroom sizes and the openness of the professors. It is very easy here to develop relationships with your professors and seek help from them, ESPECIALLY during the summer when the class sizes are much smaller and there are way fewer students that each professor has to serve.
I love the online learning platform. The professors are knowledgable and are genuinely interested and invested in your success. Student Accounts could use some improvement though. You can never get in contact with a live person in Student Accounts unless you go to the office in person, which is not convienient for me since I'm an online student. Thats the only reason I rated this school a 4 instead of a 5.
Start Your Review of Georgia Perimeter College
The campus is very diverse and all my teachers have been excellent. They have a strong online presence, plenty of clubs and activities, and are very affordable.
Gpc is great school it has resources for if you need help with your class after you finish your 30 hours you automatically get accepted to gsu
I haven’t yet been in attendance but I’ve visited and it’s amazing. LOVE the campus and smaller classes.
the people are always available to help when I have questions.the website is easy to use and also has many answers to any questions.
I get to go back to College after raising 2 kids 6 grands l am 64. My bucket lisy Master in Business Administration
While Perimeter is used as a stepping stool, to later move on to Georgia State's 4-year program, it seems as though it's put on the back burner. You'll need an arm and a leg to receive assistance throughout the school, administration wise. Academically, the teachers there try their best to cover the required work for the course. However, the admissions, financial aids office and book store, is always a hassle. I think they should hire more friendlier, helping, and attentive workers.
The application process was easy and admission staff was extremely helpful and made sure that I could get into school with no problem.
Georgia Perimeter College has unexpectedly opened many doors for me in terms of education. There are professors that genuinely care about their students and want them to do well for their future. Professors are always available outside of class hours as well. As far as the campus goes, each campus is not as spacious, but they do try to provide the best for the students. The main campus includes a cafeteria, bookstore, library, and even a gym. I don't regret choosing Georgia Perimeter College as my first step in my college education.
I have taken 6 classes so far. The classes are interesting and easy but require time management. I love Geology. It has been very interesting and useful. Economics was fine but the professor was very libertarian.
My experience at GPC has been a great one so far on my journey. When GSU took over the school I had my doubt because any time there is a merge there are always hiccups along the way. I can honestly say that the transition went smoothly and it was also to improve GPC. Now the school offers a direct pathway to transfer all my credits to GSU and continue on my educational path. If I had to change anything it would have to be more weekend classes available for students. Other than that I have enjoyed my experience here.
Georgia Perimeter is very conveniently located to where I live and an overall good community college. Since it's connected with Georgia State and it's satellite campuses, I have the option of taking classes at another location if a particular class isn't offered at my primary campus. My instructors are very knowledgeable and nice, but many are foreign which can make understanding their lectures somewhat challenging.
As a student at Georgia Perimeter College I feel A's I think had grown largely since it has merged with Georgia State University, which is one of the best business colleges in the U.S. One specific thing I admire and learn a lot from on this campus is the diversity. Student and teachers come from all around the world which different backgrounds and cultures. I have met many students here like myself who are first generation college students. I am a proud daughter from a first generation family. I have more access to activities and clubs that I am benefiting from and truly appreciate. I am good acedmically because of access to tutors and a big library with helpful resources such books. I am also transitioning to the Georgia State University next semester and the process to transition is easier than to transfer and that is all thanks to Georgia Perimeter College for merging with Georgia State University!
I have been at the Alpharetta location for three years, and since then we've merged with GSU. This college only offers associate degree programs. Since we are such a small campus, involvement in sports and recreational activities aren't substantial. However, since we became part of GSU, that has been changing. I would recommend coming here to get your early classes out of the way. We are located near many restaurants and fast food places. That's convenient because the campus does not have a cafeteria. There is no on-campus and off-campus housing, but there are plans for them as we expand. This is a great transition school. If you are looking for a big university community, this is not for you. But people are friendly, and classes are small. The education is good. I would recommend​ it.
The professors are knowledgeable and they take their time with instructions. They have multiple locations throughout the Atlanta Metro area. I have taken both online courses as well as classes on campus and the quality is the same.
Start Your Review of Georgia Perimeter College
I have enjoyed going to Georgia State University. One of the things it has taught me is that I am more than capable of doing anything if I put my mind to it. In addition, the teachers that I have learned from seem to understand the material and try to make analogies.
The college offers distance learning. This is great for students like me who need to work in order to pay for college. Going to school online lets me meet people from all over. It allows me to have a flexible schedule. The professors are also from different places. Overall, the experience has been great. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants an affordable college before attending a university. You are able to take liberal art classes and a few classes in your major at a reduced rate.
An overall good college, even with Georgia State Universities recent purchase of the college. Some of the courses have been shortened due to a merging of GSU and Georgia Perimeter course standards, so some courses can feel slightly rushed, but still overall teach you the required material in a timely manner.