Georgia Institute of Technology Reviews

1,897 reviews
I applied to this college due to 5 main reasons:

1. I wanted to major either in biomedical engineering or economics. This school has a biomedical engineering program that is unparalleled to others.
2. Georgia Tech is a school with one of the highest return on investment in the nation.
3. Georgia Tech is not that expensive (Even for an out-of-state student) compared to other competitive schools.
4. Georgia Tech has amazing facilities and staff.
5. I wanted to surround myself with nerds.
It is a great engineering school and has a beautiful campus. Atlanta is a fun city to live in! I love telling people I go there, and them immediately having more respect for me, because of its reputation. There are a lot of international students, and the gender ratio is closing.
I appreciate how most students here are so future driven. They want to challenge themselves and work hard to invest in their future and to succeed. I think that their can be improvements to the life on campus with the food and dorming experience.
Start Your Review of Georgia Institute of Technology
My experience at the Georgia Institute of Technology has been excellent thus far. Because I took advantage of the Challenge program during the summer of 2017, it made my transition into the fall semester smoother, and I adapted to the college environment with ease.
College is all about opening doors of opportunity - Georgia Tech does just that. In an academic sense, every subject is integrated with technology which allows students to earn a degree that better prepares them for a more technology-driven society. In a social sense, Tech may not have all the parties like other schools, but they have a diverse group of students from not just different races and economic backgrounds but different states and countries and interests (most of us are nerds at heart with unique passions for other things too...and yes, things beyond robotics and math team as well). The faculty are great, providing a lot of research opportunities or connections. And the ATL area is not only a booming city to have a fun college experience, but it's a place to find career opportunities with nearby, world renown corporations and institutions. I'm so happy and proud to be attending GaTech and wouldn't want to spend my time as an college student any other way.
Georgia Tech is a highly respected institution with a beautiful campus. My experience has been very positive and all my professors have helped me grow professionally and academically. Academic excellence is the standard at Tech and the rigor in this program exhibits that.
There are abundant resources available to everyone at Georgia Tech and it is helping me to succeed everyday. My only downside is how new my degree program is (Neuroscience) so its hard to find internship opportunities or study tools.
It is amazing school with a lot of resources however it does come with a price of being incredibly difficult. There is a reason the acceptance rate is 20% and decreases every year as new students join. GT is a wonderful school especially if you are interested in a career in STEM. After graduated with a bachelor's of science from GT, you would set for life.
Georgia Tech is a very rigorous school. It has challenged me and broadened my horizons to learn, understand, and appreciate more about the world around me. It also has plenty of resources for various STEM career paths. However, I notice that many students suffer from mental health or depression from the school and I wish the school was more supportive and professors were more understanding about that.
Georgia Tech doesn't mess around, academically. It's a place of intense stress, often of isolation and sleep deprivation. Sometimes I feel the administration sees me as a mere number, never caring about my well-being as a human unless it involves my ability to pay them. But that said, I've learned so much and grown as a person, I've had many exceptionally good professors (more than the bad ones) and given that I will probably be one of the lucky few who will graduate (or rather, get out) in four years as planned, I suppose the phrase "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" holds quite true. I'd love to see improvements in our campus mental healthcare system, however, as it's difficult to cope with the pressures of this university as a neurotypical person, let alone as someone with a history of mental illness.
Georgia Tech is an amazing college to attend for not just STEM majors but also those that want to learn a new language. Most of the professors really care about their students.
The school is great, environment and people wise. However, life here is hell on earth. I don't wear my seatbelt when driving to school in hopes of dying before getting to class. BUT, it'll all pay off at the end, so I highly recommend it. It is extremely cheap for a top-notch university, and is sure to turn heads on a resume.
A great school that lives up to its reputation. Although very competitive, the generally caring faculty encourages growth through well directed guidance.
I really like the opportunities that Georgia Tech provides. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from because Georgia tech provides an opportunity for everyone. I would like to see a change in some of the academic staff, I haven't experienced any bad professors, but many of my friends have had professors that can be a bit unreasonable.
I love the students, campus and geographical location of Georgia Tech. The academics are incredibly hard and most students spend most of their time on academics. However, that's to be expected from such a prestigious school and well worth the respect that comes with being a Yellow Jacket.
Great college to be a student for. Food sucks ass, teachers are also terrible except for a few very good ones. Dorms are hell, Social life is decent, gym is the one of the best things, many students are depressed, failing is not un common even for high achieveing students
Georgia Tech is a great school if you're up to the challenge. The academics are amazing, but rigorous. You'll get a lot out of Tech, but it also takes a lot out of you. There is a place for everyone on campus; there are tons of extracurricular clubs and sports, as well as music and arts programs of every level. Most professors are very helpful and want to help you succeed in both your classes and opportunities outside the classroom.
Start Your Review of Georgia Institute of Technology
The application process was very friendly and asked a variety of questions. Campus is beautiful, lots of construction going on of new spaces. No longer is tech just an engineering school, it is now home to a highly ranked liberal arts school as well with very esteemed majors. Study abroad also is made more accessible than ever, many students travel multiple times in their 4 years. Lastly it is in the city of Atlanta opening up possibilities for working with conpanies, making connections, getting internships. Georgia tech is an inexpensive for a huge return. When companies see a Georgia tech diploma, they will be fighting for you, regardless of your major.
At Georgia Tech I liked the accessibility of the campus to the surrounding city, the strong engineering program, and the learning and living community for freshman. Something I would like to see change is the classroom size for many core classes which can be filled with well over one hundred students.
Very good school - academics comparable to ivies, however it is a fairly large institution and can weed out people not as prepared