Georgia Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.94 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.106 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.106 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering510 Graduates
Business Administration and Management397 Graduates
Industrial Engineering393 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies365 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering255 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering242 Graduates
Chemical Engineering189 Graduates
Aerospace Engineering162 Graduates
Civil Engineering130 Graduates
Computer Engineering129 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.150 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.185 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.70 responses
Georgia Institute of Technology Reviews
The application process is done in such a way that students that not only have academic prowess but also several other talents and passions makes this campus a truly diverse experience. There are a lot of philanthropic opportunities, as well as many clubs that give leadership lessons in whatever the student desires. Because Georgia Tech is a world-class campus, the opportunities offered to the students are many and are also well-funded for those who do not have a lot of money themselves. Because of this, over half of the student body participates in a program of campus before they graduate, which will normally be things like an internship, co-op, or studying abroad. The professors at this institute are extremely knowledgable in what they teach and most make an effort to meet the student where they need in order to further their academic progress. Overall, everyone on campus strives for greatness and bringing something into the world that helps them accomplish their dreams. Go Jackets!
Georgia Tech is a prestigious research university located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, a fast-paced, growing community at the crux of the city's current boom. Not for the faint-of-heart, Georgia Tech is highly rigorous and consistently churns out some of the best and brightest minds into all areas of business, with a specific emphasis on the technology sector. Classes will push even the smartest students out of their comfort zones and will imbue in them a powerful work ethic which generates top-rate employment opportunities post-graduation. Student life is often described as "work hard, play hard" with students sharing a common bond over their collective academic struggles. The student population is very diverse and easy access to Atlanta allows students the opportunity to explore and take a break from their studies.
Everyone here is family and we look out for one another, we are a group of people trying to make an impact on the world. We understand what it means to take a class that seems impossible, we understand what it means to crack a hard problem, and more importantly- we know what it feels like to fail. Together we grow, together we fail, together we learn, TOGETHER WE SWARM!