Georgia Gwinnett College Reviews

1,555 reviews
One word: Affordable. If you are the type of student that needs personal attention, this school has it covered. Every class is set up to be small scaled purposely to aid each student. Every thing is up close that your classes are a five minute walk from each other. Coming from a big university, this school has helped me tremendously with adapting its culture and to maintain financial stability. Not only that, there are many clubs to join and events to attend.
Georgia Gwinnett College is a great school, with very helpful professors. It is a very diverse school, that also gives us many opportunities to get involved. The Campus is always clean and they have many events, clubs, and its is a very calm environment. Georgia Gwinnett College is growing more and more everyday, and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking into colleges, to give Georgia Gwinnett College a chance! They allow you to grow as a person and learn so much throughout the experiences there.
I love the diversity. There are so many resources for mental health ON CAMPUS. The faculty isn’t intimidating and they are very intelligent therefore talking to them is easy. I would like the school to branch out further in college activities such as sororities and fraternities. I’m so excited to see what Georgia Gwinnett College brings to the table in the future.
Start Your Review of Georgia Gwinnett College
I have had a great time at GGC. I enjoy the academics and the overall atmosphere. I am especially satisfied with the diversity at the school; everyone is different and you can find a crowd you can relate to. The diversity is not restricted to race alone. In addition to this, they have a great Chick-fil-a staff that gets me coming back to get more everytime I go there to eat. The nature of the building is pleasing to my eye as I am a visual person. I like going to school for this reason. I love GGC!
It is a really good school if you want to save up for school and go. They have really good payment plans and work with you so that you are able to make the payments to stay in school. Very affordable and a really nice investment. Good academics the class size is about 20 to 30 students so most known your name and the professors do a good job of giving you help and if they can't explain it directing you to someone who can. The only thing I am not a fan of is the parking very little places to park and not many events on campus to partake in that are interesting in my opinion. If you need somewhere affordable to go and want to obtain a four year degree, this is the place to come.
I like how they have tutors for every class in case you need a bit of extra help on some things. The dorms are nice, so is the food
Very crowded, not enough parking spaces. Teachers are alright. Food is good, definitely a lot of diversity on the menu.
Amazing school to receive one-on-one study time with professors. Along with the dedication each professor provides towards the personal learning experiences, the school is very affordable.
The college is extremely diverse and has well taken care of facilities. It is continuing to expand. It has only been around for about 13 years and due to that it feels modern and has constant internet access across the facility. There is a bit of a problem with parking since the school has very many commuters (including myself). Unfortunately does not have many sports programs but has many other interest groups and clubs. Many events are often held around campus.
I am currently a sophomore at Georgia Gwinnett college. My experience so far has been amazing, it gave me a chance to get a sense of the college lifestyle and got a chance to meet new people in a such diverse campus. The college faculty and professors are really helpful in regards to any question or concerns you might have. In class, I have met professors that are so good at what they do but I have met professors who shouldn’t even be teaching. One thing I would like for the school to improve on is parking. Anytime of the day there is always a struggle to look for a parking spot and that has impacted me getting to class on time. Personally, they really need to construct more parking lots to comply with the vastly large number of students that attend this school. Overall,it has been a pleasantly fun experience and do recommend this school.
I really liked how the professors are willing to help the students. I remember my first day of class where I was afraid of meeting new teachers and students but the professors I took tried to make the class more engaging and how they where willing to help me improve in my studies. There are also tutoring services that helps the student when he/she doesn't understand something in class. Some of the things that I think needs to improve is their parking services as you need to come to school early to get a parking space which ends up taking most of my time. The school also needs to create more scholarships for students based on their merit in order to give them a boost to learn harder.
GGC is a great school! The teacher here are amazing and are always willing to help and answer your questions. The community is close as we have several opportunities each week to connect and reach out. I love the environment, because you feel safe and you feel surrounded by friends and colleagues that are there to support you and push you towards your goals. the advisement and staff are dedicated to ensuring you pursue your passions and guide you in the right direction. The fitness center and the on campus restaurants are so convenient for the commuters like me. I love being GGC Grizzly.
The Campus is very new. Class size ranges from 15-25 students. Your teachers are your mentors. Students are very nice and friendly. The cafeteria is very spacious and has many variety of foods.
Great school for students interested in creating a personal connection with their professors. Class sizes are small and professors are caring and accessible.
As an upcoming freshmen, I want to feel welcomed and safe at my college. Georgia Gwinnett college provides an environment with positivty and diversity. There are various clubs and opportunities for students to socialize and learn.
It is a great school to attend very fine tuned small classes but I believe it has room to grow. The campus sort of reminds me of a glorified high school which is not a bad thing because it seems familiar in a sense. With that being said, I think they should expand the school by adding more teachers and adding activities along with that they could acquire the open land around them even if it is for a green space and not to put buildings. Georgia Gwinnett is a very young school opening its doors in only 2012, its student population has grown larger than the campus itself. I think thats the only problem the school has which that the faculty doesn't realize the school is bigger than what it really is. I think it was maybe a bit unexpected to grow at such an alarming rate, so the school itself needs to grow to accommodate the student body with more facilities and grow from a big high school to an actual college campus.
GGC has been a true blessing for me. I transferred in the fall of 2016, and I have had nothing but the greatest amount of help and support from all my professors.
Start Your Review of Georgia Gwinnett College
I really like the campus. It’s dorms are like hotels. The professors are very understanding of your academics. I was very happy to move on the campus because of the activities that were being presented. The campus itself is medium size. Classes are small but very effective.
I have attended Georgia Gwinnett College for 2 years so far and I am a rising junior. This college is fast-growing and an affordable 4 year public school. Class sizes are small (24 students on average) and professors are very helpful to students. The faculty of professors are highly accomplished and the academics is excellent as a result. The campus and dorms are very beautiful. The student body is very diverse and friendly. Your experience at GGC is what you make of it as there are many ways to get involved in clubs, organizations and sports. Majority of the students are commuters like myself, but nothing should hold you back from get involved in fun activities and being active on campus. GGC is a fairly new school (est. 2005) but is fast-growing with new buildings being built and new majors being added almost every semester. The school goes above and beyond in helping underprivileged students succeed with cheap tuition rates and excellent tutoring services.
Georgia Gwinnett College is very affordable, especially if you are paying for college on your own. I believe the school should provide more personnel and resources in order to help students develop and have more opportunities to succeed.