Georgia College & State University Reviews

1,137 reviews
Before I arrived to the campus, I already fell in love with Milledgeville. The town has so much character with so many sites to offer. With a lake less than 30 minutes away and Savannah, Georgia only a little over an hour away, how could one not love it. Georgia College and State University offers internships available for students with their major. Not only does the college offer study opportunities for the students, but they also offer a variety of activities. What I love the most is how diverse the place is; there is a place for everyone.
I really like the dorms here compared to at other colleges I have seen. I love that there are no community bathrooms. The gym is very nice and if you live on west campus you have no excuse not to go. The classes at the gym are really fun! The teachers will help you with anything you need if you know how to ask correctly and it is within reason. The campus is beautiful and you can walk everywhere. You can even walk downtown from campus which is also very convenient. The downside is after a while you realize that this is a very small town and there is not much to do. That's why it is important you get involved in clubs or greek life or anything that you're interested in. That will help you stay occupied. The nightlife here is also pretty fun but it gets boring after a while.
My experience at Georgia College was both enlightening and stressful. As it was the first college I attended, I was anxious and incredibly excited to live on my own and start learning to live life independently. The classes were small and personal, which I liked. As a student, I felt comfortable talking or emailing my professor because they usually knew all their students personally thanks to the class size. I did experience a couple hiccups with teachers who did not have my best interest at heart and advisors who really were not setting up the best educational path for me. Besides flaws in staff, the rest of my Georgia College experience was great and I would advise younger generations to try it out.
Start Your Review of Georgia College & State University
One of my favorite things about Georgia College is the campus. The buildings are beautiful and there is always something happening. I love the size of the classes and how it enables students to develop relationships with their teachers and fellow classmates.
Love the small school atmosphere. The professors are great and there is a small professor to student ratio. The campus is real pretty and relaxing. Everything is easy to get to and close bye. The food at the Mak is good.
I love being a full time student at GCSU. The teachers really do care about the students and their grades
I really enjoy attending Georgia College because of the small class sizes and having the opportunity to have personal relationships with my professors. People are friendly and for a small school there are so many opportunities here at this school. The Give Center, undergraduate research, and so much more!
Georgia College has been a terrific enhancement to my educational journey and has allowed me to feel welcomed in a smaller environment. It is hard to go off to college leaving behind your childhood home and knowing your life as a young adult has officially started. Georgia College has allowed me to branch out and get involved in ways I probably never would have if I went to a much bigger, more populated state school. My opportunities to shine and take the reins on enriching my career are endless and I am more than pleased with the two years I've spent there and look forward to the next two years I have to go.
I love Georgia College. It is a great school, with great professors who really want you to succeed. However, the classes are very hard to get in. I am constantly placed on waitlists for classes I need to take for my major. If they are wanting so much money from us, they should at least have enough spaces available for the classes we need.
Georgia College and State is one of my favorite places. I knew I wanted to go to school here after going on a tour. The campus is very warm and inviting and honestly feels like home. The students are all inviting and interested in the welfare of their education and livelihoods. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in the nursing program and I hope to be able to complete a Master's program in the nurse anesthetist field.
I have had a wonderful time here at GCSU. The staff has been very informative and helpful! I would recommend this institution to any of my friends and family!
My experience at Georgia College was a wonderful experience. Georgia College is a beautiful college with a unique scenario. I loved the school when I first went for a a basketball game and ever since I was excited to get admitted. College is an experience worth exploring.
If you love small towns and calling your professors by their first names (and meeting them to edit your essay in their own coffee shop), then this is your school.
I went to school here before transferring to a different university this semester. My ultimate reason for this was because they did not have my preferred major. I wanted to go to a school where there is a major specific to my ideal career, and this was simply not gcsu. This was not very surprising though because gcsu does not have a ton of majors. Also, I did not love the size of the school (it is quite small) or the surrounding town of Milledgeville. It was just too small for me and I wanted to be somewhere that had more going on, which further meant more diversity and more opportunities. On a positive note, even though the campus itself is small, it really is great if you are looking for a small school. People are always sitting on front campus reading or playing frisbee, and there is nowhere you can go without running into a friendly face, which is always great.
Start college in the fall and i'm so excited for all the opportunities to be had at georgia college and state univeristy
GC&SU is a beautiful and small knit community preparing young professionals to enter the work force. GC&SU is the only public liberal arts school in GA & provides an array of opportunities to become involved. The only aspect GC&SU needs to work in my opinion requiring internships for all majors to gain real-life exposure and invaluable experience.
The campus is beautiful! Everyone is so welcoming. I absolutely love the small town feel. Its my home away from home. You can always find academic help in the library. Our football team is undefeated as well!!
Start Your Review of Georgia College & State University
Such a great school with a great environment and a staff that works hard to help you to have the most successful future as possible.
Georgia College is a great mid- size school in a great city that allows you to really acquire the feelings of being a college kid.
I love this school. It is in a quite small town. The campus is beautiful! I love studying on front campus. The professors are eager to get to know their students and help them in anyway possible.