1,110 reviews
  1. Milledgeville, GA
  2. 4 Year

Georgia College & State University Reviews

1,110 reviews
Georgia College is a great school for a smaller feel and more attentive education. If you're looking to have a good mix of education and party I would choose here. If you're looking to have more fun go to southern.
I love being apart of the Georgia College community. I love the fact that everyone there wants you to be awarded every opportunity to achieve your goals.
Though it has a bad rep for being a "suitcase school" and having many students transfer out, I have had nothing but great experiences here. The smaller class sizes have allowed me to connect with my professors on a much more personal level. In addition, the small size creates a wonderful community within Georgia College and Milledgeville.
GCSU provides a great environment for really getting to know your professors and fellow classmates, due to the small size. Everywhere you go the odds are in your favor of bumping in to someone you recognize.
After driving through what seemed like an endless view of forrest, I was very pleasantly surprised when I reached Milledgeville and subsequently the GCSU campus. The campus was very beautiful, with lovely architecture both modern and traditional. What those buildings house is a state of the art learning community, with all the newest high tech bells and whistles. As well as the people who were in the buildings, which one would find to be some of the most pleasant and friendly around. All and all it proved to be quiet the school and a place that could facilitate the sharpest of minds.
My professors are good but sometimes hard to understand.
It's ok. You do meet a lot of people.
  • College Freshman
Good way to meet people
I love the workout area..
Great school - love the campus
I really like it here. You guys so an amazing job at making everyone feel welcomed and I appreciate that. The professors care and are passionate about their jobs as well as their students success in their life, and later in life as well. There are a lot of courses but I wish there were more foreign languages available like Korean! I do like the class sissies as well, more one on one time and that goes a long way.
the career center is honestly amazing. They try so far to help aid the students of gcsu and I appreciate that so much. Just last week they had tons of different jobs come together and gave students the opportunists to put their name out there and hand them their resume. I thought that was extremely helpful.
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
I feel like the school does an amazing job at trying to keep their kids safe because they genuinely care for one another and I love that. It's just with downtown being only a few steps away with tons of bars and clubs, some kids do tend to indulge themselves in that kind of behavior. But I haven't personally witnessed someone overdoing it.
I love it. Everyone is friendly, and the rooms are a decent size for each person. I like how you guys added the bed rest thing so people don't fall too. Safety is key!
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
I love the idea of Greek life and have been trying to get involved but I'm not really sure where to start. But the ones who are involved around school look like they're having the time of their lives, creating friendships with each-other and contributing to the society.
Not really a big fan of sports but from what I saw people love it here!
Everyone have been extremely wonderful, sweet as can be and helpful in more ways than one. The professors actually care for you if you prove tot them that you're putting in the effort to learn too. Overall I enjoy gcsu a lot. The only problem I would have is that there's not that much diversity. Even if I had the chance to pick another school, I'd pick gcsu any day. Did I mention that the campus is beautiful?! It's legit out of a movie especially in the summer when everyone is outside soaking up some vitamin D!
I love how diverse my school is, the teachers are very friendly and helpful through out the year
Spacious but normal dorm rooms
  • College Freshman
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Great if you're not a huge football fan