Georgetown University Reviews

1,177 reviews
Georgetown is definitely a place you go to for the name and for the quality of the professorial staff, NOT for the amenities or the diversity. Its a great place to learn and the connections you can make are invaluable. The food and a majority of the housing is abysmal: mice, cockroaches, mold everywhere. Economic diversity is almost nonexistent, but racial diversity is a little better. Definitely am enjoying my time at Georgetown, but I do wish that I had applied to a few Ivies or potted Ivies on the same level as Georgetown just to see what I might be missing at other Universities.
Online classes began after spring break, so professors and students were wholly unprepared to be doing anything in an online capacity. I found that many of them adapted well while others folded under the pressure (and I hold no malice towards them, many professors were suddenly at home 24/7 with children who they were effectively homeschooling.) Observing summer courses gives me some confidence that things will go better in the Fall.
The school is perfect for anyone with the slightest bit of interest in politics. Sure, the bureaucracy gets in the way sometimes, but Georgetown is also full of passionate students and professors who dedicate their lives to living out the values of the school.
Start Your Review of Georgetown University
professors tried their best to be accessible as possible. online learning is more of an adjustment for the student than for the professor.
Real tough -- abrupt switch, however professors were lenient. Grading schemes were inequitable and felt based more on how well equipped one is at home with resources than academic skill.
Very amazing experience! The school could be offering more resources to support students, however my peers and professors are incredible
Georgetown is my favorite place to be. I would've given it 5 stars, however recent events of the cancellation of in person class for sophomores and juniors has changed by mind. As a student at GU, there is much to say about the community and togetherness that Georgetowns atmosphere offers The location of Georgetown in a quaint beautiful area, as well as, in the heart of the country is beyond compare.
The online learning is terrible. It is not necessarily the professors faults, but online learning for students who are trying to move into extremely important jobs in the country and world today is not good enough. The tuition for Georgetown is so high you cannot replicate anything like it when you are not in persons. This was utterly ridiculous.
As a recruiter, I can testify to the unbelievable university this is! The firm loves to target Georgetown students and scoops up as many as possible every year. I find that the intellectual and pre-professional culture are two key factors that make Georgetown students superb professionals and leaders. And needless to say, the D.C. location makes it that much better. Can't beat it!
Obviously learning online is different than learning on campus. It has some immediate drawbacks but the professors were quick to adjust and I felt confident that they were going to make sure I was learning as efficiently as possible.
Georgetown has been such a fantastic place to learn! I have experienced so much growth. It manages to motivate students whilst being an environment that cares for the whole person.
Every Georgetown grad at my firm has impressed me. This school breeds intellectuals, hard workers, and sharp professionals! Excited that my son is choosing Georgetown over the Ivies into which he was also accepted.
I love all of the great people I have gotten to meet while at Georgetown, people from North Dakota, Spain, Vietnam, and so many other places. The food...well it is there. The classes, for the most part, have been great and I feel that I have and am learning a lot.
Excellent academics, faculty, and location. Lead to an incredible undergraduate experience with numerous opportunities off and on campus.
The atmosphere at Georgetown is lovely, the faculty is wonderful, and the financial aid office has assisted me a great deal. I truly feel like I am constantly learning new things while being in a great area.
Great location, fascinating courses, engaged student body, so many opportunities on the Georgetown campus and the entire DC area. Extremely expensive, but for the opportunities that are afforded to the students here it is well worth it.
Start Your Review of Georgetown University
I spent the summer at georgetown doing one of the immersion programs. Over my time here I quickly realized that all the other students are driven and hard working but also play hard. My whole experience was good and I learned a lot. We stayed in the upperclassmen dorms which were really nice.
Georgetown University embodies the very best a Jesuit education offers, an education that brings people together rather than driving them to compete among one another while still being among the very best offered in the world. If you seek to make the world a better place, no other school better serves that mission than Georgetown University.
I toured and I loved the environment. Everyone was incredibly welcoming of me and I felt like I was in a place where I could find my passions accompanied by an up and coming city.