Georgetown University Reviews

1,103 reviews
My experience as an undergraduate at Georgetown University has been amazing! I love the university's commitment to investing in each individual student and enriching their academic experience. Georgetown is also intentional about increasing the diversity of the student body and faculty. There is a club or organization for everyone on campus.
Georgetown's greatest strength is the student body. They are the ones that have knowledge on campus about the best way to access resources. While many resources exist at Georgetown to help students, they do not advertise them in any way so it is left to students to help connect each other to them. The various centers on campus connect students with jobs and internships in sectors as varied as community organizing to internships at government agencies.
I think Georgetown is an amazing school for creating connections, recruiting incredible professors, and exposing students to a diverse set of ideas and values. However, I would like Georgetown to focus more accommodating student's needs and to lower the tuition.
Start Your Review of Georgetown University
As an incoming freshman, my experience with Georgetown so far has been wonderful! The pre-academic year advising and support from all departments in the administration is comprehensive, and the current students who have connected with us to provide advice have made Georgetown feel like home already.
As an undergraduate and a young adult, Georgetown is situated in the perfect place to experience life on your own for the first time. It is a welcoming environment and the students are so nice and inviting. Something I would like to see changed about Georgetown is the career development and outreach program. The career center is, unfortunately, not extremely helpful when students are looking for internships or job opportunities in the workforce.
Georgetown University is a great school in a fantastic location with respected and inspiring faculty in many subject areas.
After my first year here, I'm absolutely certain that Georgetown is the place for me. Because social -- and often intellectual -- life centers around student organizations, I've had the chance to meet people who share my passions. In lieu of Greek life, student organizations host parties that foster a sense of community that centers around something deeper than hazing or a few Greek letters. The professors are caring and encourage you to think for yourself. Another thing I want to emphasize is the effect of Jesuit values. I was hesitant about them coming in because I'm not religious, but Georgetown doesn't shove religion down your throat. Rather, the school makes a concerted and largely successful effort to instill Jesuit values into all aspects of the community, such as the values of empathy, care, and intellectual risk-taking.
Georgetown wasn't my first choice college, but I'm very glad that I ended up here and would so it all over again if I could. Although it's far from perfect, it has everything that's really important at the end of the day. Great academics, beautiful city, and stellar people.
I like the academic standards that Georgetown University holds its students too. I wish the university had more diversity amongst its students.
Georgetown is a great place to attend for graduate degrees in International Affairs, the network of alumni and professors are valuable as are the courses offered.
Georgetown opened the world for me. Great location, great professors, and amazing classmates. Awesome university!
Georgetown is amazing. It gives you the best of both worlds: a vibrant campus community, and access to one of the world's most influential cities. While Georgetown's amenities are relatively poor, their education is world-class. Join clubs, your social life will largely revolve around them. Get to know your professors, they are leading scholars in their fields, and simply brilliant.
Georgetown University is a beautiful campus surrounded by many opportunities as it is in the heart of Washington D.C. It's Walsh School of Foreign Service is second to none and is a great place to pursue international affairs and many more areas as well.
I truly loved Georgetown as an undergraduate student and I am returning to get my masters in the fall! I studied physics and had very small classes. I was able to develop close relationships with my professors and peers in the department. I also loved Georgetown's core curriculum that forced me into classes I didn't think I would enjoy but ended up loving!
I really love the campus and the city atmosphere! You get a lot of breaks because it is a catholic university but that's good! The work load is heavy so make sure its something you can handle. Worth it in the end, you will most likely get a job right out off school.
The culture in the business school isn't great but overall the school has been a phenomenal experience
The Catholic Ivy League School. Student are taught by Secretaries of State, former Cabinet members and ambassadors. Washington DC’s most selective and favorite university.
Start Your Review of Georgetown University
Social life and student culture completely centers on extra-curricular clubs and organizations. Students are required to live on campus for 3 years and most of the on-campus housing is older and not well maintained. Educational opportunities are incredible - incredible professors, visiting speakers, and the opportunity to use DC as a resource for coursework. There are very few bars near campus, so social life is generally on campus or in another neighborhood.
Love my major and the uniqueness/specificity of study options at georgetown. The 4 school culture is singular in its effectiveness and developing certain interests
Beautiful campus, teachers who are passionate about their subjects, and incredible city / surrounding area to explore. The social scene is centered about on campus clubs and student groups rather than Greek Life.