Georgetown College Reviews

Georgetown College is my dream school. The faculty are so genuine and so kind. The small class sizes allow for very personal interactions with your professors and fellow students. Their wide variety of acedemic and athletic programs allow for anyone to be very involved on campus. If Greek life is your thing, there is plenty to choose from.
Absolutely beautiful campus. The school also has amazing professors who actually care about each and every student as a person. The town is an amazing small town feel with a big city (Lexington) just minutes away! My time at Georgetown so far has been an amazing journey and I hope to continue it for my senior year!
Smaller class size is always a plus as it provides a more personal connection with teachers which leads to a better learning experience. The staff is warm and friendly and genuinely care about you as a student and as a person. There are many extracurricular activities to be involved with which is different than a lot of other smaller schools. There really is not any drama as all the students here are really nice and will smile at you as you walk past.
Start Your Review of Georgetown College
i am a perspective student and i have visited georgetown twice. i love the campus, staff, and the sports. the only reservation i had about the school is the size. it is a very small school and there is no racers i was told by current students
What I loved most about Georgetown College is their small class size. I felt like I had one-on-one experiences with my teacher, they knew my name; not just my face! I loved the family-like atmosphere of a small campus. Being a student-athlete comes with a lot of amazing opportunities not every student can experience. The girls on their acro-tumbling team took me under their wing and made me feel special when I visited. It's been 6 months and I still receive phone calls, texts, and emails from the girls checking to see how my senior year is going. I LOVED Georgetown College.
The teachers actually act like they care about you and your well-being. The classes are small.
There is a large push for religious related careers, however, there is no force to do them.
There is at least one security officer patrolling campus at any time.
The freshman male dorm is not the best as it is the worst in terms of conditions on campus.
Greek life is not really required, however, most of the school is a part of Greek Life.
The athletic programs on campus are at the top of their respective leagues.
The small college feel allows for more personalized learning and development for each student.
Most parties are smaller in they are on campus, but they are fun with or without alcohol. The welcome back parties allow the freshmen to meet a lot of people and learn about greek life or bond more with their teammates. The best parties are really wherever your friends are and wherever you feel most comfortable.
There are rarely any big parties on campus, mostly there are smaller get togethers unless there is a special occasion. For example, welcome back parties, homecoming, last day of class parties, etc. The frats and sororities have their own parties normally and if you're friends with them you are welcome. Mostly the parties are kept to a smaller amount to keep away the authorities. There are bars in the city over, home of one of the most popular universities in the state and people will go about 30 minutes away to party there. There are several bars to choose from including a gay bar and places with live music.
The most popular study areas are the study rooms in the library or the places with computers in the science building or library. The workload depends on the class you are taking and the level of difficulty. Classes are 100, 200, 300 + leveled classes with 300 + level being the harder classes with more work. However, each professor is different in how they believe students should learn. I think the workloads in my classes have been average and acceptable. Office hours are always helpful and study sessions or tutors are available too.
Everyone is accepted at Georgetown, whether you are gay, black, poor, short, rich, etc. No one judges each other and we are all good friends with each other. No matter where we grew up, who we love, or the color of our skin. There are many African American students who play sports, participate in the school events, in greek life, and there are gay athletes and amazing gay students. Our school does not judge the people within it.
Most people drink, but you are never forced into drinking and can have fun if you do not want to drink. The policies are enforced by the RAs and the campus security. The campus is dry and if you are caught with alcohol you are written up and are given a punishment, it doesn't matter if you are of age or not. Most students 21 or older go to the bars nearby instead of drinking on campus.
Start Your Review of Georgetown College
Our career center is full of people who know how to get us jobs that are right for what we want to do. They are open to all students to help with resume building and job hunts. Also, many professors in your major department are willing to help you find a career or a location to work at in the future. Many of those professors have come from great places or schools too and know exactly how to help you.
The class size at Georgetown is small, with lectures being the biggest classes with around 40/50 people. We are a Liberal Arts school and the students must fulfill core course requirements in order to graduate. So we take language, science, math, music, art, exercise science, etc. courses. Some professors teach with lectures, notes, power points, other from books, and videos. All of the professors I've had were interested in me as a person and a student. They want so badly for us all to do well and they push us past what we thought were our limits.
I feel safe on campus because at night everything is lit up, so you are never in complete darkness and most buildings are a short walk away from each other. The people who live around us are kind and considerate to us, as we are to them. Also, the people that are my classmates tend to walk together in pairs or groups. You can always find a friend to walk with you or drive somewhere on campus with you. The security guards are not the quickest, but they are friendly and do what they can to accommodate us.