George Washington University Reviews

1,850 reviews
I am an alum as of one week ago, and I cannot thank GW enough! My 4 years here have been amazing in every way. From my work/study position at one of the Smithsonians to my professors in the SMPA to an internship that led to a permanent (and fantastic) job offer, GW allowed me to make my dreams come true. With minor exceptions, my professors were top-notch and challenged me to rise to their high expectations. I never felt threatened or unsafe on campus, despite taking some classes at night. I lived in dorms my first two years then found off-campus apartment housing in Arlington (easy Metro ride) for the last two. I love living in this great city. You will thrive on this campus if you have a high degree of personal responsibility, you are intellectually curious, you own your life and don't blame others when things don't go your way and you are eager and ready to be an adult. And graduating on the National Mall is outstanding!
George Washington University provides a very unique college experience. There is a lack of school spirit but it comes as a result of being so integrated in the DC community. There is nothing like receiving an education in the nation's capital. The white house is just a few blocks away and there is no choice but to be incredibly politically active.
As a student at the George Washington School of Business, I can say that I am most proud to be here. This school offers a lot and it is really up to you how much you take advantage of. GW is very diverse and attracts all types of students -- yes, it's true, a lot of students are extremely wealthy, but if you're outgoing, you will find people you relate to. I lived in Thurston Hall my freshman year and although it is not the nicest and cleanest dorm out there, I recommend you live there to meet people -- it is so easy to meet people and make friends. The party scene at GW is great, whether you're in a fraternity or sorority or not. Although most fraternities are kicked off campus there is still plenty going on. Living in the city, a lot of people go clubbing so there is always something to do.
Review George Washington University
George Washington University is great school full of amazing opportunities. Being in the center of D.C. allows you to be close to the capital and the white which offer internships to jump start your career. If you want to learn about politics and international affairs this is the place for you1
I love George Washington University! I have found a strong sense of belonging here by joining the Student Admissions Representatives team, where there are people who are just like me!The professors are awesome too! They are not intimidating at all. Despite their prestiges in their own academic fields, they could be really easy-going and approachable who really try their best to assist their students to succeed.
This administration does not want to take care of its students. D.C. is a great place to live, but GWU is not an accommodating university.
Having toured this school and being currently enrolled to begin in the fall, I am very excited to advance my education at The George Washington University.
I LOVE GW and could not imagine my life had I attended any other university. In my opinion, the grades on this website are not entirely accurate. Firstly, I have NEVER felt unsafe on campus and neither have any of my friends (a C+ for safety is wrong). The food plan is all I could have ever wanted (should be A+ not C-). We have unlimited options and are not confined to one or two dining halls like most schools. As for academics, I have loved a majority of my professors. Many professors truly care about your well-being as a human, not just as a student. Students are incredibly driven at GW. All of my friends and I have held at least 3 or 4+ jobs/internships and students are always looking to pass internships along to other GW students. As a graduating senior, I've also seen how increasingly important it is to employers that students have internship experience. My DC-specific internship experience always definitely set me apart from other candidates. Thankful for an amazing 4 years.
George Washington University is an amazing university that has endless opportunities to study, work, intern, and pursue academic and extracurricular interests. Located in Foggy Bottom and four blocks from the White House and National Mall, GW is like no other university.
Great university located in the heart of Washington, D.C. The students, faculty, and administrators all make good use of the school's great location and proximity to world-reknowned institutions such as the IMF, World Bank, White House, and State Department.
George Washington is a school chosen by the politically minded student in children. Being only around four blocks from the White House at its closest point, and just generally so centrally located in downtown Washington D.C. lends itself greatly to aspiring politicians and lawmakers. The campus itself is very aesthetically appealing, especially given its unique nature as a university set in the middle of a major city. In my time there, the majority of my professors were both brilliant and highly engaging in the way that thy presented their material. My peers were some some of the brightest and most dedicated individuals I had ever met as well. The only thing that I would change, and this is certainly an issue that plagues many private universities in our country, is the price tag. At the most expensive nation in the country at the time I attended, and i'm sure still quite high on that list now, attending the school does indeed cost a small fortune.
George Washington is really what you try to make out of it, it is easy to be pushed aside but if you try hard eventually things work well. I recommend this university mostly for Political Science or International Affairs
I went to school in the area and would frequent various facilities on the campus. The overall campus is very large and busy, but it was always well maintained. I must say that GWU could use a little more diversity in terms of the student body, but as a school it provides what is necessary for students to succeed.
Very good school, especially if you are planning for a job in government as D.C. has a lot of internships. The main sport is basketball and many of the students are politically active; not surprising considering the location. Lots of museums and monuments to visits.
Great professors, unique D.C. experiences, and amazing internship opportunities. A city campus with a great community feel is hard to find, but GW has it. A bit competitive and hard academics, but worth it.
I like a lot of different aspects of GWU. The community is awesome and the location is great. I am very fortunate to be here, and I appreciate everyday more and more as I am encouraged by professors and peers. GWU is also very diverse and I feel welcomed as a Hispanic/Latino. This unique experience is well worth the hard work and it feels good to continue achieving while looking forward to commencement where I will be proud of all I've accomplished.
The engineering program at GW is great. It's a tight community, and they offer good assistance. GW is in a great city. Lots of things to do. The school is very pricey.
Review George Washington University
I love how international and ambitious the group of students at GW are. I think the faculty is very approachable and eager to help students. The facilities are great and the classes are very engaging. I feel like my voice is always heard in class and that my teachers do take the time to listen and guide my understanding further than I could anywhere else. I would like to see more pep rallies and fun university led events on Kogan Plaza or somewhere central on campus.
One of the best locations in the country. Right in the heart of DC- my Freshman dorm was a few blocks from the White House. I made some amazing friends in my time here. From the blizzard in 2016 to various basketball games to my friends on the Rowing team, GW will always feel like home, and I think it is incredibly underrated.
Everyone is very pompous and only care about themselves. The students tell you that they love the school but it is all for show. everybody hates it and they wish they could attend another university.