George Fox University Reviews

GeorgeFox is a great college. The professors are investing in teaching you how how to be successful. Their slogan of Be Known is seen throughout the campus atmosphere. The only thing I would change is their lifestyle contract.
George Fox is a great Christian based campus and provides students with plenty of internship opportunities. George Fox also provides students with many opportunities to strengthen their relationship with Christ through community and serving.
Be a baby freshman, I was a tad nervous my first day of college. This anxiety all slipped away once I met my peers- they're so kind and caring, some even quite witty. The grand mass of professors that I've learned from are outstanding, I always manage to find something unique or intriguing about one. So far I've made numerous friends, am thoroughly enjoying my coursework, and can't wait to weekdays!
Review George Fox University
The experience at George Fox University is something that you don't get to have at a college. The diverse, love, and community within George Fox is unbelievable. I like the fact that George Fox challenges you in the classroom but the fact is that they're doing this for the better of the individuals future. As a George Fox student going into the real world they are "known".
Office hours for most of the professors are available for the students, also you feel like the professors do want you to learn and get what they are teaching you. Also, the environment here is just very peaceful and so welcoming.
As a Christian, George Fox University has been such a supportive educational experience for me. I do not have to worry about sharing about my faith, because I am in a Christian environment. The George Fox faculty is always willing to help, are very friendly, and continually practice George Fox's missions statement to Be Known. When I was going through the application process for their university, the staff was supportive and helped me through the entire process. I truly felt respected, welcomed, and known. The university campus is beautiful, well-kept, and safe. From the lush green lawns to the picturesque bridges surrounded by a vibrant forest, the beauty of this university never disappoints. I particularly like the small class sizes which allow relationships to grow between the students and the teacher. The teaching faculty at George Fox University is exceptional. They create a comfortable learning environment and challenge the students to grow. George Fox is a fantastic university.
George Fox University is a place where your true colors will be allowed to shine. Every professor and office worker want you to succeed in every aspect of your life. The rigorous academic schedule is definitely worth the money and time because the amount of opportunity that comes from it is priceless.
It's welcoming, friendly, small class sizes, great food, fun dorms. There is a ton of opportunity to do all kinds of activities like dodgeball intramurals and Fall retreat.
George Fox is a terrific University that is well rounded in all areas of education, faith, and campus life. The campus is beautiful and feels very safe and like home. The professors are personable and address you as the individual you are. They provide many resources for effective learning. Faith is a big part of campus life with chapel twice a week and other outside options to be involved. Campus life is also healthy with great dorm life and activities, intermural sports, clubs, study groups, sporting events, faith groups, etc. The office staff is readily available and very helpful in all departments from admissions to financial accounts. One area I would like to see improve is the cafeteria food.
Pros: The campus is pretty, academics are good, esteemed university, and "most" professors are great.
Cons: Cliques, expensive, lacking diversity, shove religious views down your throat and if you don't agree your grade suffers yet the student portal is evidence of rampant drugs/sex/partying, no assistance with job placement if you are an Adult degree student, and the film program professors need to be fired - horrible favoritism, uncommunicative, arrogant, and just plain nasty!
In summary, it's a good school IF you choose the right program, stay to yourself, and do NOT live on campus!
Overall experience has been good. My advisor is friendly and easily accessible for questions. My program is fast paced and I feel I'm learning a lot. I would like to see more instructor involvement during the weekly forum discussions to ensure the forums are on the right track.
George Fox University is a great college. One of the highlights of George Fox is its great community among students and with the faculty. The faculty at Fox want to help you and will go out of their way to get to know you. Class sizes are small, so you get to know each of your classmates, and everyone is on a first-name basis with the professor. Dorm life is fun and a great way to make friends. Academics are rigorous, but there are many resources to help you succeed.
George Fox University offers a wide variety of majors with awesome professors. If there is one thing George Fox is known for, it is, well, to be known. The community is friendly and active. The professors want to help you succeed and build a relationship that helps build connections. The career resources are phenomenal, with its College and Career Center offering good advice on internships and job applications. On top of that, the campus is beautiful, with a creek down the middle and lush lawns. George Fox is the university for quality education and wonderful people.
I am currently a freshman attending George Fox University and have loved every experience so far. The serene atmosphere and overall beautiful campus is surrounded by a community that cares. The opportunities available extend and is virtually unlimited. The support from the faculty and students helps make the college transition something to look foreword to.
The Education department tries to help with student teaching placements and recommendations as needed but doesn't go out of their way to hook students up with jobs.
I really enjoyed the courses taught by my advisor. She was engaging and tried to make things as relevant to us and real world work needs as possible. However, some of the other professors I have encountered seem to be less interested in making the courses relevant and user friendly. Communication is a struggle with not only professors but also with Financial Aid, Student Accounts and other departments. If this school didn't have one of the more time and cost effective (used this term losely) certificate programs I would not have chosen it.
Be Known is not an empty promise, it is something professors and other staff make good on every day. If you don't want to get lost in a crowd of thousands, and want to be called by name instead of your ID number, George Fox is the place for you.
Review George Fox University
This is a small college, therefore the class sizes are small and provide great one on one interaction with professors.
This college offers job placement and internship opportunities with local businesses, alumni and other employers.
I feel very safe on campus. There is plenty of lighting, the dorms are locked to those without a key card.