Gateway Community College - Connecticut Reviews

Gateway Community college has some great professors and security. It is always clean and the environment is friendly.
I am very happy at Gateway Community College, growing up in Tanzania I was exposed to the mighty transformations that technology had and still is inflicting to these east coastal countries just below the horn of Africa. I am currently majoring in Engineering Science, part of my current aspirations is to become an Electrical and Electronics Engineer. I will use my Associate’s Degree to transfer to a 4-year college for a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
The school is a nice place to be. It has a wonderful academic atmosphere and the staff are also very nice. I am a freshman and I am pleased with my association with the school so far.
Start Your Review of Gateway Community College - Connecticut
Nice college and good academic level. Easy to find financial aid to pay tuition. Good diversity and very nice student life.
Gateway Community College is a beautiful campus in the heart of New Haven, you can spot it as you come from the Northern direction off the highway. It has a very diverse student population and friendly to working adult learners.
What i love about gateway college is that the teachers believe in you and do everything they can for you to pass their classes. We all need someone that believes in us
Gateway has giving me affordable educational opportunities it is right near public transportation hub or free parking if you drive . It's in downtown New Haven many restaurants around. Professors are helpful good safety and security. Now departments could use improvements (financial aid, advisors,registers ect)
I think this is a very good school that provides others with those opportunities that one wants . I can’t really say it is my worst expierence because it is my first year and well I enjoy it overall
My experience at Gateway Community college has been great so far, the school itself is very inviting and makes you want to learn. Also, the professors I’ve had, had been so supportive and great at teaching their subjects that the classes were a breeze.
I liked Gateway because I was able to pick classes around my work schedule. But like all schools there are teachers that want the very best for their students and then you have teachers that just don't care. But overall I am proud to say I went there and am graduating with my Associates Degree.
My experience at Gateway has been extremely beneficial. I came because I didn't have a good idea of what I wanted to do for a career. I tried their nutrition program and loved it! I became a part of several clubs, one being the Nutrition Club and we ended up taking a trip to the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo in Chicago, IL in 2017. I think GCC does a great job of trying to get students involved. They hold many events with free food or t-shirts. The last one we had was our Spring Fling 2018, there was a cookout on the courtyard, music, games, prizes, cake, and a "ballon guy." I think it is a great school, all of the professors I have had have so much knowledge about their subject and they teach with a great passion of wanting to pass on their love of the subject to the students. It has such a great atmosphere that I'm a bit saddened that I will be graduating this May.
I spent all of 2017 in Gateway and I must say I am impressed on how easy it is to locate classrooms first of all. The professors are approachable and have an open door policy and helps make learning fun and interesting. Just being a student there from applying and registering for classes to completing a semester makes it all the worth while.
It is in the heart of New Haven. Near the campus are great fast food places for lunch. To enter the building you need a student id or need to have your photo taken by the security.
Gateway Community College is good if you are looking for a more hands-off approach to learning. They offer online courses for those who prefer to learn at home or on the go. Classes use Blackboard to provide useful course materials to students.
My experience at gateway so far has been amazing! It has a perfect location, right in the beautifull city of new haven, walking distance from many restaurants and cafes. Teachers are very helpful and want everyone to strive, they work with you and make sure you understand the subject.
I feel safe every time I’m there because of the great security staff we have, they make sure everyone shows ids to walk into the building.
The overall state of the building is , clean and the architecture of the building is very different and efficient.
Your usual local average community college where everybody knows everybody. Teachers are pretty good, most will work with you if you're not doing well, but only if they see effort being put in. Campus is in the heart of New Haven, so it's a pretty convenient area where you can walk anywhere.
I think this college is perfect for anyone living around new haven county who struggles with academics or does not know exactly what they want to go to college for. The teachers seem dedicated to anyone who is willing to put in the work. For a community college, it does just what its supposed to which is give you an education.
Start Your Review of Gateway Community College - Connecticut
Gateway Community College gives you the resources to achieve an academic degree for a very low cost. This keeps the money needed to invest low in comparison to other colleges for your first two years, and the rest of that money can be used elsewhere to benefit yourself further. This makes the return on investment ratio extremely high. In addition to the great state of the art facility, the local area is fantastic, with so much to do around the inner city with friends.
Gateway community college is a great school if you want to get your associates degree and transfer out. You save a ton of money going to this school.
So far having a great experience at Gateway, especially for someone who's still trying to figure out his goals for the future.Recommend the community college for anyone looking to higher their learning.