Gannon University Reviews

As an international student, I can say that gannon is a very well diversed university. Also it has so many events going around for people from so many different countries and different cultures. The professor and staffs here are awesome and makes you feel home and are very helpful. The security is so good that i can get a ride home from the college live safe app during night hours which makes it convenient for me to use library facilities even during night. The only thing I would recommend is if the college could upgrade the housing and food.
I absolutely love everything Gannon has to offer! The downtown atmosphere is fantastic. The teachers are engaging and make it fun to come to class. The students at Gannon clearly love being there.
The professors genuinely care and will do whats in their power to help you succeed, the atmosphere is very welcoming.
Start Your Review of Gannon University
Professors truly care about their students! Classrooms are nice. Things I would change are the on campus apartments and the food.
This university is different than many in that the campus is not a closed campus. The town and campus intermingle as well as the individuals living there. Some times the people you must contact to ask questions such as administration can be quite rude. This is the only major thing I have noticed.
I don't really feel they care about each student equally. I feel they care more about the important ones, say ones who have relatives working there, than the ones who have actual problems and need helping.
I like that the university is downtown where it is located and close to a lot of food places and activities. I also like that there is free public transportation provided downtown for just attending the university.
I love my Knight Family!! Gannon is a small school in the heart of Erie PA. Because we are a small school, we form strong bonds with those that we meet. The activities are well planned, the meals are great, the dorms are clean. Our RA is absolutely amazing and my first year here has been absolutely amazing!
Loved Gannon, close to Erie nightlife, small close-knit school, teachers knew who you were and formed connection with you, excellent school for any medical profession
Overall was not terrible, however I had quite a few bad adjuncts and professors. Understanding professors.
My initial decision was not to attend Gannon because of the inter-city campus and their Criminal Justice program (while reputable) was not as renowned as that of Mercyhurst. However, I ended up selecting it after all because of the considerable scholarships they offered me, and on my first day I fell in love with my university. The classes are interesting, the professors are engaging, the students are friendly, and I feel like I belong. Gannon has become my home in many ways, and I would not change my choice if I could.
Gannon University has changed my life. I gave me the confidence to become the leader I am today. I wish I could relieve my college experience. Everyone knows everyone on campus and it is a very close family of friends. I wouldn't change my experience for anything. Thank you Gannon.
It is a small campus, so you are able to meet people and get to know professors. Granted, it gets cold here, so be prepared for that.
Gannon University is a wonderful school in which you feel you are getting a great education for your money. I have only been here for a couple month but I know I would not want to go to any other school due to the great community atmosphere Gannon University provides along with the great education.
I like that Gannon University is located in the heart of Erie. There is so much to offer to students both on campus and off campus. Most of the teachers are friendly and helpful when it comes to class and outside of class. One thing I wish would change is the weapons policy. With Gannon being in downtown Erie, it can be very unsafe and scary, even with the police and safety buttons. While at Gannon, there have been shootings, harassment, attempted kidnapping, and much more. I have a concealed carry permit that I use solely for safety. Campus is one of the most important places that students should be able to carry for safety. I wish Gannon would change their weapons policy to increase the safety of their students.
The professors , staffs and students are amazingly friendly and supportive. There is always a lot to do at Gannon university, lots of activities and free food. Relative small campus but huge in social lifestyle.
Hello guys, my experience at Gannon university is fabulous, in fact the university is one amongst the best in the world.Having access to study in such an educational melieu is the best thing one can ever achieved as preprepation of his future career indeed.

Thank you.
Start Your Review of Gannon University
This college education (as a Biology major) was not worth what I paid for. The professors in the Biology department were a hit or miss -- don't get me wrong, there are a couple professors I could name off that were fantastic, but I can only count those professors on one hand. Made some of the courses more difficult than classes needed to be. Gannon tries to weed out students late in their secondary education career with the intention to require additional semesters on top of the 4 years required for an undergraduate degree. A great example of this is only offering certain classes every other semester/year. I would highly recommend students to look somewhere else, because if I could do it all again, I would be anywhere but Gannon University.
I am screwed with student loans. The financial office was absolutely no help with anything - I was in there a lot and never got answers. Terrible school for a military member. I am in the Air Force reserves and they could not process paperwork properly for me (never got my payment but military records show it was sent so school kept my money).
I have since graduated and went to the office of career development for placement/job search assistance - again no help! The guy told me to look around online (yeah I already do that) and there was no follow up at all !
I am looking for a job on my own but the schools claim to help with placement is a complete lie.
Going to GANNON DID HELP ME IN ANYWAY. I AM STUCK WITH LOANS FROM A SCHOOL THAT ONLY WANTED MY MONEY AND HAS NOT ENHANCED MY CAREER.
Some teacher seem to knowalot about their field but some seem like their just giving their opinion and don't really know as much about the topic that I would expect.

My overall freshmen experience was better then expected. My favorite topics were in my Criminal Justice class.i don't know how common diversity is in other colleges but at Gannon University I think there's a lot and for me that is unique.

I think I would choose my school because I knew a lot of people going into it and I think having a lot of friends is important.