Gallaudet University Reviews

My experiences here has been wonderful but has very lax rules in freshman building especially due to wild parties.
I love how Deaf Culture is such an integral part of the campus life. I am able to express myself very openly, and almost everyone is extremely accepting and compassionate towards one another. My only complaints would be in regards to the cost of attending this university full time, and some issues regarding living on campus. Other than that, if you apply yourself and try your best, you will more than likely thrive at this school!
I loved the environment and the services they provide. The counselors would do anything to try and help with anything that is needed. Students are being there for one another even though at times there may be some down time.
Start Your Review of Gallaudet University
Gallaudet is the perfect place for people who want to dive into Deaf culture. Being able to use ASL all day every day will only enhance your skills. As a future interpreter, it was the best place for me and I recommend any students who want to be an interpreter, go to Gallaudet and experience it.
Gallaudet University is like a Deaf mecca in the world, an only university that uses American Sign Language to communicate with each other. Gallaudet University is an unique place for the Deaf and sign language users to get connect to each other.
I was an freshman at last semester. I had much fun at this campus. I have many new friends. They're friendly and nice people. I had four courses. I liked my professors. I've improved my grades much better than last year at community college. I had working with professors, friends, and staff everyday which helped me much improve than last year. I can tell you whoever Deaf or Hard of Hearing people plan to go to Gallaudet. You would be very successful at this school !
it's okay when students want to have experience once in their life during college years.
Parties could be fun but It should be careful.
I want to study hard and focus on school.
Just respect people who they are. No judgementals
Safety is good for people to be stay alive and stay away from bad stuff.
I want people to be safe on campus.
Campus Housing is giving students to have a place.
I'm not involving with greek organization. someday i will try.
This have alto of opportunities that i could do in school.
My Christian friends and I had a lot of get together times and had our own kind of parties, smaller group kinds.
I learned more about myself and grew up a bit more while I was here at Gallaudet.
Start Your Review of Gallaudet University
Sometimes, I feel that the DPS are too quick to send people to the hospital even though the individual may not want to go. I was nearly coerced into going to the emergency room until the EMT evaluated me, and asked if I wanted to go or not. That was the very first time when I realized that I had the right to say "no" to attending the emergency room or hospital treatment.
When I come back to work as a lifeguard and swim instructor, I often feel the people know me before I even know who they are. This is something that I am not used to. I used to walk through the hallways, and rarely anyone would greet me. As a staff and alumni, I feel a total different atmosphere from when I first started at Gallaudet.
Sometimes when I am being told to move from one building to another at the last minute, it is very stressful and hard on my body. I become really tired. I also felt that the other students were very loud at times, when they scream or yell just to be yelling or screaming.