Galen School of Nursing - Tampa Bay Reviews

So far, it's been ok. I have mainly online courses that helps as far as scheduling and work goes, but however, the "busy work" for those classes can be well...busy work. Otherwise, I have had a positive experience in class and have met some pretty interesting people. I'm glad I made the decision to go to Galen for my LPN-ADN bridge program. Galen's online and campus classes make it possible for me to achieve my goals and work at the same time.
It is a great school with a wonderful atmosphere. The faculty and students at Galen are very helpful and kind. Everyone wishes to see you succeed and will help you every step of the way. However, the school is a private school thus, it is more expensive than your average nursing school but Galen recommends plenty of scholarships to their students to help pay for tuition.
Nothing. Clinicals were bad. Teachers have their favorites. They don’t allow you to confirm test scores if you suspect the scantron was wrong. And it’s expensive. Total ripoff. DO NOT GO HERE!!!
Start Your Review of Galen School of Nursing - Tampa Bay
I absolutely love my school. It is expensive to go here, but I have learned more than I have ever learned in my whole life. So in my opinion, it is worth it is nursing is truly your passion. Like any school there are good and bad teachers, but more good than bad here. They are a growing school, so there are a few things they still need to work on. It is an accelerated program, but the discipline it takes to make it in this program has helped shape me into a better and more resilient person. It is difficult, but it is rewarding. Come here if you're looking to change your life for the better.
Galen is a friendly environment. It is an inexpensive college with amazing professors who you can tell truly care about their students success
I've attended a number of state and private universities and I can say that Galen has some work to do. The feeling of class reminds me more of massage school than college, even though the work is difficult. Don't get me wrong, the nursing program is not easy, but it's also not put together in the most cohesive manner.
I like going to Galen.. it is a faster pace program but it is worth it... Before I came I read some horror stories about it and almost changed my mind but I'm glad I didn't because it works for me.
They are very compassionate and caring about all the students needs. They work with you and help you get through any issues to see that student is successful
I love this school. From the moment I enrolled (actually, the moment I stepped foot in the door) I have felt supported. As soon as I started classes, I received calls and emails asking how classes were going and if I needed anything. Also, ANY TIME I have had to contact an online instructor, they've been helpful and supportive and with great follow up. HIGHLY recommended, despite the higher cost.
I love Galen!! I toured other schools and none of them topped Galen. Galen's student population has grown so much in the last couple of months, that now their trying to expand. Which I think is great, because we need the BEST nurses in the field. The school atmosphere is very welcoming. It is fast pace but you have many support systems to turn to within the school. You get the hands on learning that you need to be successful. The stimulation lab is wonderful. It puts you in a real life situation testing your strategies. You don't know how much you actually learn until you put your skills to the test and that's exactly what Galen does.
So far it's a good school! I wish the convince of the records needed for school was not so rushed. I like all my teachers and the students. I feel the teachers involve the students with each other to develop bonds. The campus is switching to a bigger location because the school is expanding. If you don't get your schedules done early for each semester it will be hard to get a decent schedule.
School is very difficult but when you graduate you will know what you need to know. If you do not want to work hard and be challenged, then do not spend your money on this school. Some labs are good and some are a waste of time. Clinicals are great. Teachers really care. Uniform got much better than when I started.
I am in my second quarter at Galen. So far, I really love the atmospere and learning environment. Everyone is very upfront with you about what you need to do to be successful. This school is difficult, as every nursing program is. If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it! The only area I would like to see an improvement in is the resource center/library. I really think it would be beneficial to have more study rooms for the students. Also, the cafeteria is great, but is only open until 2. This is really inconvenient for students with classes spread out throughout the day, but atleast the food is good!
There are time limits for some transferred credits.
There are few online course, just pre-reqs.
Great job prospects, like hiring new grads from the school.
A fast paced strenuous program worth the time and effort.
Start Your Review of Galen School of Nursing - Tampa Bay
One of the tops schools in the area that hospitals like to hire new graduates from.
strenuous program and knowledgeable/helpful staff
Great professors, very knowledgeable, fast paced.