Galen College of Nursing - Tampa Bay Reviews

Nap area, more food options, and water dispenser. Otherwise, overall good school. Professors and staff that really care, and the food choice at school is healthy, good food without the guilt.
Galen has excellent resources to ensure each student successfully passes the NCLEX on their first try! I love Galen because everyone is there to help you. They have onsite psychologists for free, tutoring, high functioning mannequins and so much more! I have nothing but great things to say!
The thing that I like most about Galen is their staff. Educators or not, all of the staff is so nice to everyone and want to help you succeed. Not only that but the location is amazing. It is right off of the Howard Franklin Bridge, so in between classes you can go to the beach and relax.
Start Your Review of Galen College of Nursing - Tampa Bay
Galen is a great school. Nursing school is tough as it is but everyone from advisors to professors make it 10x times easier. Everyone is there to help you!! love it.
while looking to enroll in school, I met with a student adviser name Erin who gave more than enough information on the school, all classes offered and more.
So far so good, but I would like to see more nursing instructors teaching general education classes. The school itself is designed just for the students, with multiple areas to study.
Upon moving to Florida, I was convinced that I wanted to attend USF for my associate's degree in Nursing. After coming into contact with several students attending Galen, I decided I needed to talk to the school and see what it was all about. I haven't regretted that decision since that very moment. Knowing when you are at a clinical site that the nurses in that facility want to work with students from Galen, is a feeling like no other. Endless compliments on how Galen students are prepared beyond measure to take on the tasks of a student nurse. The new building with new technology, caring professors, and endless resources making the journey at Galen the best decision I have made!
This is my freshman year at Galen, and I must say I truly love it. Professors are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and the campus is wonderful and conducive to the student nurse experience. Tuition is killer if you're paying out of pocket like myself. That's my only complaint. But you do get a quality education.
This is the first college that I have been to, that all of the staff is truly concerned with not o oh how you’re doing in school, but how you’re doing personally.
So far, it's been ok. I have mainly online courses that helps as far as scheduling and work goes, but however, the "busy work" for those classes can be well...busy work. Otherwise, I have had a positive experience in class and have met some pretty interesting people. I'm glad I made the decision to go to Galen for my LPN-ADN bridge program. Galen's online and campus classes make it possible for me to achieve my goals and work at the same time.
It is a great school with a wonderful atmosphere. The faculty and students at Galen are very helpful and kind. Everyone wishes to see you succeed and will help you every step of the way. However, the school is a private school thus, it is more expensive than your average nursing school but Galen recommends plenty of scholarships to their students to help pay for tuition.
Nothing. Clinicals were bad. Teachers have their favorites. They don’t allow you to confirm test scores if you suspect the scantron was wrong. And it’s expensive. Total ripoff. DO NOT GO HERE!!!
I absolutely love my school. It is expensive to go here, but I have learned more than I have ever learned in my whole life. So in my opinion, it is worth it is nursing is truly your passion. Like any school there are good and bad teachers, but more good than bad here. They are a growing school, so there are a few things they still need to work on. It is an accelerated program, but the discipline it takes to make it in this program has helped shape me into a better and more resilient person. It is difficult, but it is rewarding. Come here if you're looking to change your life for the better.
Galen is a friendly environment. It is an inexpensive college with amazing professors who you can tell truly care about their students success
I've attended a number of state and private universities and I can say that Galen has some work to do. The feeling of class reminds me more of massage school than college, even though the work is difficult. Don't get me wrong, the nursing program is not easy, but it's also not put together in the most cohesive manner.
I like going to Galen.. it is a faster pace program but it is worth it... Before I came I read some horror stories about it and almost changed my mind but I'm glad I didn't because it works for me.
They are very compassionate and caring about all the students needs. They work with you and help you get through any issues to see that student is successful
Start Your Review of Galen College of Nursing - Tampa Bay
I love this school. From the moment I enrolled (actually, the moment I stepped foot in the door) I have felt supported. As soon as I started classes, I received calls and emails asking how classes were going and if I needed anything. Also, ANY TIME I have had to contact an online instructor, they've been helpful and supportive and with great follow up. HIGHLY recommended, despite the higher cost.
I love Galen!! I toured other schools and none of them topped Galen. Galen's student population has grown so much in the last couple of months, that now their trying to expand. Which I think is great, because we need the BEST nurses in the field. The school atmosphere is very welcoming. It is fast pace but you have many support systems to turn to within the school. You get the hands on learning that you need to be successful. The stimulation lab is wonderful. It puts you in a real life situation testing your strategies. You don't know how much you actually learn until you put your skills to the test and that's exactly what Galen does.
So far it's a good school! I wish the convince of the records needed for school was not so rushed. I like all my teachers and the students. I feel the teachers involve the students with each other to develop bonds. The campus is switching to a bigger location because the school is expanding. If you don't get your schedules done early for each semester it will be hard to get a decent schedule.