Galen College of Nursing - Louisville Reviews

I personally have had an up and down experience with Galen. At the beginning they were very nice and would try to help out with anything you need. As you go farther in your program they are not as willing to help you after they already have you there and are getting your money. ON the other hand all of the teachers are amazing and would do anything to help you.
Pure Nursing at it's finest. Safe campus, pre-requisites built in to the nursing curriculum... killing two birds with one stone. 3 year BSN- a year shorter than traditional nursing school/curriculum. Quarters vs Semesters.
i think Galen is a great school because the classes are small and the teachers are very helpful. Students can get one on one time if they need extra help.
Start Your Review of Galen College of Nursing - Louisville
Galen has the most knowledge instructors and each one of them care about your nursing efucstion and career. Class sizes are small and you are one big family at Galen. Help is around every corner. This is a fast paced education and the clinical experience is begun very early in the program.
I'm new to Galen, but happy to call it my second home. The class sizes are small and teachers know and care for you.
This will be my first year here. Started the LPN program and I'm so excited about it. Everyone is friendly. Nice size classes safe and clean environment. Love the school so far.
Galen is outstanding school. Their statistics for the graduation rate compared to the basic 4 year degree programs within the Nursing programs is higher. The average graduation rate for RN students is 90%. I enjoy learning and going to school there. The only things I may like to see change is that there be more financial aid communication between the students and financial aid people, more resources to make college seem less stressful, and I wish they were a dorm college. Otherwise, I am very pleased with my college choice. I could not find a better college fit for me. Great teacher staff and all my fellow students are all very helping and so nice. No one lets anyone struggle, we all are in the same boat and we all understand the struggle. It's juts a amazing experience at Galen and I still have abut a year and a half left there.
My sister went to this school and said it was a wonderful experience so I started going here. However my experience has not been the same. The policies are constantly changing and the cost has gone up 3 times since I have been enrolled. I think the school, in earlier years, was great as far as academics. It seems now, however, they are more concerned with making money off of the students. If you don't pass the HESI they make you sit out a quarter and also want another $100 entrance fee and $100 background check. They also told my younger sister she would be able to transfer all her credits and graduate in 18months with her RN. However, after she signed papers they said they wouldn't accept her lab credits from USI and it would take her 2 years to get her RN and slapped a unclear $500 balance on her tab. Galen is great with their innovations but they aren't great when it comes to the way they handle business or being student advocates.
My daughter attended this school. They are all about the money. They give subjective exams and if you don't pass the refuse to tell you what you missed on the exam. You will run up a big debt and may not graduate. No one should attend this school.
Very nice school. With classes all year around giving you the opportunity to start anytime. Professors always easy to talk to.
I don't like online classes
Like I said getting hired
Getting hired before the program ends
It's tough but can be done
Professional teachers make it better
THIS IS THEIR WORST QUALITY. CLASS SIZES ARE HORRIBLE, 'LET'S SEE HOW MANY BODIES WE CAN FIT INTO A ROOM, WHO CARES IF THEY CAN'T LEARN ANYTHING". THEY ALSO DON'T OFFER ANY FLEXIBILITY AND DO NOT TREAT PEOPLE FAIRLY. THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEM SUCKS AND YOU NEVER GET THE CLINICALS THAT YOU WANT. I COULD GO ON AND ON
I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM DO ANYTHING
Start Your Review of Galen College of Nursing - Louisville
I HAVE HEARD EMPLOYERS AND OTHER PAST STUDENTS BASH THIS PLACE
NO ONE REALLY TAKES THE TIME TO REALLY TEACH
WHERE DO THEY GET SOME OF THESE TEACHERS AND CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS FROM?