1. Greenville, SC
  2. 4 Year

Furman University Reviews

Furman is a wonderful college. The campus is beautiful and the administration is caring. Furman has so many resources to help everyone succeed including internship office, tutoring lab, TAs, etc. The food is good but it is always the same. The campus is beautiful, but the Arts and Theatre departments are not given enough funding for building improvements.
I am proudly a second generation Furman student! Thankful for this school and the academics it stands for.
This school was like returning to the cliques of high school. I have never been to more judgmental place. If youre a girl and you dont put on no-makeup-makeup every day and a lily pulitzer dress you wont be accepted. If you want to move off campus to save money you cant. If you want to be unique in any way and not another greek like zombie you will be an outcast. I am transferring out after two semesters here.
Lots of resources on campus to help students get in touch with career options. Also such a strong connection with Greenville which makes job and internship opportunities greater
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Small class sizes, awesome professors, and a nice variety of courses considering the small student body size
I feel extremely safe on campus and Furman's police are extremely accessible.
Housing can be difficult to deal with from time to time. Some housing options are fairly small and can be difficult to adjust to.
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life is a pretty big deal, especially for girls, but if you are not Greek, it is no big deal. There are social opportunities for everyone.
Sports are not a big part of the overall Furman experience, but everyone definitely attends at least a few football games and then other sporting events every year.
I have had a great experience at Furman. The majority of my professors have been amazing and truly care about my success in and out of the classroom.
I am a sophomore at Furman and I have been very happy with my time here so far. I have loved all of my professors (sometimes not the subject material however with GERs) and saw how much they care about every student and our success. I have gained friendships that challenge me to be a better person everyday. And the campus and its energy never seizes to amaze me. The only thing I would change about Furman is its tuition because I am paying for it in loans and will most likely paying my loans for the next 20-30 years.
Not involved in Greek life
Not heavily supported by student body
Its as fun as you make it. You definitely have to make your own fun and then it is fun.
AGaian, it is who you surround yourself with and if you make your own fun.
So many amazing choices. You also have teachers willing to help guide you through the process.
Diversity could definitely be better but more than a thought from athletic teams.
not a lot of weed but weirdly lots of cocaine users.
i HAVE LOVED EVERY COURSE IVE TAKEN AND i HAVE LIKED MOST OF MY PROFESSORS!
tHE CAREER POSPECTS AND VALUE OF DEGREE AT fURMAN IS DEFINATELY STRONG. i feel like i will be prepared for real world.
  • College Freshman