Furman University Reviews

I attended Furman from 2009 to 2011 and I've recently returned to complete my bachelor's degree. While a Furman education requires a significant financial investment and a high academic aptitude, it's worth it. The campus is beautiful, the class size is relatively small, and the professors really care about their subject and their students. The food at the dining hall is excellent and you don't have to worry about campus safety. If you're considering Furman, it's a great choice, but you need to be prepared to work hard and take advantage of all the opportunities. Even if you don't pursue your major as a career, you will take away skills and relationships to last a lifetime.
Wonderful school! Was my number one choice. Challenging academics. Great support! Campus is beautiful. Most professor are terminal degree. Music department is outstanding!
Furman University is a very great school with wonderful academic opportunities. I feel like I am important and respected by the professors and staff. Some things that I would change would have to be the billing process, the housing space, parking, and the dining hall options.
Start Your Review of Furman University
Furman is a place where you will be academically pushed to your limits and then some. Although it is academically challenging you will still find lots of fun activities within student life. The faculty all want to help and see you succeed in any way they can. The inescapable beauty of the nationally acclaimed campus is not only mirrored but amplified by the students you will meet. Every person I have encountered at Furman has been genuinely kind and interested in me as a person. I could not recommend this school in a higher regard! Roll Dins!
It is such a beautiful and diverse campus!! I am excited to begin attending this campus and furthering my education at this school!!
Great School! Excellent Biology Department and beautiful campus. Professors are great but the expectations and classes are really hard.
Love furman!!!!! Well rounded school and ive had so much fun and learnt so much here. The work is hard but really pays off and the social scene here is incredible: theres always something to do!! We have fresh markets, puppies come in so we can play with them, talented symphonies and orchestras, cooking classes, spin/pilates/boot camp classes, banquets, dances, concerts, free massages.... the list goes on and on. Such an amazing school and best decision of my life.
It's such a beautiful campus! The student life is also amazing and the students themselves are very inviting and are always willing to help others. One on one teacher tutoring is also provided at Furman and it makes studying much easier.
Reviews on here are outdated; present day Furman has a very work hard play hard feeling, bar nights are on Tuesday and Thursday and frat parties are throughout the weekend. Frats have definitely upped their games with the past few classes and frat parties rage, overall good times, if u want to party def can but also depends on who you know (athletes, frats/sororities, etc.)
I personally had a great time at Furman. You have to be a certain type of person to go here, like small schools and skinny white girls that all look alike. Overall, you focus on academics but have fun if you know how to.
Furman is incredible! The academics are very rigorous but the professors are easy to reach and amiable. The campus is gorgeous and is located not too far from downtown. There is always something going on on campus too, whether it's having free donuts outside the library or a local speaker or performance. Everyone is friendly and the environment is very welcoming.
Furman University has an extremely beautiful campus. The campus is not overwhelmingly big, but still big enough that it is possible to meet someone new every day. The staff are welcoming and everyone in admissions greets you with a smile. Furman is also the highest-ranked liberal arts college in South Carolina. The students that I have met that attend Furman always praise the university and are proud to be Paladins. On all of my campus tours, I have been treated with respect and I never felt like they were a waste of my time. The admissions team makes the tour informative and fun at the same time.
I feel like Furman University could just be more diverse. A majority of students are white and come from a very high income bracket.
While I recognize that Furman yields a different influence on all its students one aspect of furman that has begun to concern me is the apathy of its students in terms of drug and alcohol abuse/addiction. while yes these choices are often the individuals, the fraternity and sorority presence make its members feel like they are saying no to their brothers and sisters vs simply the alcohol and drugs. kids can get their hands on ciroc and grey goose and cocaine to even prescription opioids like heroin and fenta. Ive seen beautiful, bright people become apathetic and painfully lost. While furman excels in academic preparation, in the charm of the campus and in almost every other way, do not be fooled by the quaint picture that has been painted by furman; on the outside furman appears as beautiful, dangerously masking the extreme presence of apathy and addiction here and the dangers of the 'fun' many here associate with cocaine, weed and alcohol highs.
My dad is an alum so I have been to campus and taken many tours. It is such a beautiful campus. The professors are very personable and easy to talk to. They really want to see you succeed.
Furman is a beautiful place with wonderful professors who are always willing to help you, nice people, and an amazing rigorous academic program perfect for those who are willing to be challenged. It's in the heart of the most beautiful city in South Carolina and I couldn't be more in love!
Furman is a really amazing school with great professors and great opportunities for research, study abroad, and extracurriculars. Furman really helps develop with your holistic development and you are surrounded by an extremely supportive student body, faculty and staff.
Start Your Review of Furman University
I love the friendships and academics at Furman. Both will be life-lasting experiences that will only benefit one in the real world. Furman could use some more diversity. It definitely is trying to be is lacking drastically in numbers. There could be more awareness of diversity through CLP'S/other programs that the students are required to do over the course of their four years.
I've been getting recruited by Furman for the soccer team and have had a chance to view the campus several times. I love the location and the friendliness of all the students and staff. They make you feel like a family. Furman has a very tight nit community and I really look forward to attending there for the next 4 years.
Furman has been a lot more than I have expected. It has been the best of me and the worse of me! Although the academics are extremely rigorous and stressful the hard work really pays off! The professors and faculty become friends, mentor, and a shoulder cry on or vent when necessary! Furman although tough has been the best part of my life. I do not regret coming here at all.