Franciscan University of Steubenville Reviews

Students and faculty were very welcoming and the atmosphere was positive everywhere I went. You could definitely see a change in priorities among the students many were concerned with their service project, School, family and prayer life therefore pointing toward the fact that Franciscan University promotes a counter cultural lifestyle that focuses on faith, family, and service.
The community and the central focus on becoming a saint and partaking in the sacramental life while being a real, alive, and joyful person who can be a part of our world and witness Christ to others is invaluable. You will not regret putting your personal formation and your soul first.
I live in the area and went to Akron University for my first year of college. However, I decided to transfer to Franciscan knowing that their academics would be impeccable. The atmosphere is inviting and everyone is very welcoming.
Start Your Review of Franciscan University of Steubenville
The environment is so nice and the people are so friendly, everyone is looking not only to grow in their studies but also in their faith. This campus is certainly way different than all the other colleges I visited back home, but it is different in a good way. If you are looking to study Theology or Nursing, this is the place to go.
If you are Catholic, there is a great atmosphere here to grow and learn about your faith. The rules are sometimes frustrating, the food isn't so great, and there are people who will look down on you for being different. However, I have found in my time here that I have become a much better person, and I met some pretty incredible people along the way. If I could take it all back, I would gladly come here and do it all over again.
If you are from Steubenville and attend Franciscan, you will be shunned. Everyone is mentally ill from being so absorbed in religion.
Franciscan University is a truly unique experience. There is not another college that fully immerses their students in the Catholic faith and ties it to their course of study. You wont get an education like this anywhere ellse.
As an undergrad, I often complained about everything from the food to the workload to the hypocrisy of the student leadership. Later, when I actually had to live in the real world, I realized what a wonderful gift the school was and had been to me. I am a better person, and exponentially better at my profession as an educator because of the philosophical, Catholic background I received from Franciscan. I am ecstatic that the school not only accepted my child as a student, but gave a very generous financial aid package for him as well.
Franciscan offers a one of a kind experience. it may not be the best location or have the greatest food but it is unique is the way that it draws Catholic students. Franciscan students are happy, fulfilled, and well educated
Franciscan University of Steubenville is an incredible institution for young men and women who want to advance their learning while living out an authentic Catholic lifestyle. It's an environment where everything is very clearly centered around Jesus Christ and the professors are not shy in connecting their lecture material with their faith.
Franciscan University is a place rich in Christ. There are very few places like Franciscan and it was truly a blessing to go to college where my faith was put first. The University encourages students to strive to be their best, but through our faith in Christ and the sacraments. In addition to the beautiful presence of Catholicism on campus, the Education Department staff symbolized a small family unit to me. The professors genuinely cared and make strong efforts to get to know each of their students. I highly recommend Franciscan University to those who wish to dive deeper with Christ all while growing and becoming prepared academically.
I love Franciscan. You can almost taste the Catholicism in the air. It is really helping me grow in my faith, and it combines faith and reason in a way that it is preparing me for the real world while at the same time giving me the Catholic arsenal to live in it but not be consumed.
I've loved every moment I've spent here so far and have grown in so many ways as a person. Being able to attend a university that challenges me both academically and spiritually has led me to make new friends, take challenging courses in subjects I've never taken before, attending Church more than once a week, and so much more has helped me to become a better person.
As a nursing Alumni I absolutely loved how I was not just another student because the professors knew each of us personally! We, as nursing students, were taught to care for each of our patients on not only a physical level of an illness, but also caring for people on a spiritual and emotional level which really sets this program above and beyond the rest in my opinion!
On another note, it wasn't until Franciscan that I learned what a true friendship is - one that is centered with Christ as the "glue".
One of the reasons I personally choose this school was because the years of 18-24
are some of the most influential and forming years of one's life besides young childhood and thus I wanted to surround myself in an environment that would be positive, uplifting, academically challenging and where I could grow & flourish within my Catholicism with my fellow peers and that is exactly what I did. I don't regret it one bit and I now can't imagine my life with Franciscan.
Wow! people are very sweet and welcoming and their faith is so firm. It's great to see so many young adults passionate about their faith
A fantastic education combined with a fantastic atmosphere make for a wonderful experience! Best programs are Theology, Catechetics, Education, and Nursing, but all of the programs are wonderful. Campus is very safe, with the city being less safe but not horribly dangerous. The only downside is that there is not much to do nearby, but Pittsburgh is 45 minutes away!
The student life here is very excellent, with Households (Christian "fraternities" and "sororities") at the centre. Franciscan has exceptional academics with professors who are dedicated to their students. I am also a participant in the Great Books Honors program here which I think is an excellent example of what our liberal arts are like. We are very strong in Theology, which I think is wonderful, although sometimes I think the administration needs to remember to not sacrifice other programs just because Theology is what we are well known for. Overall, I think FUS does a superb job forming lay disciples to go forth and sanctify the temporal order.
Start Your Review of Franciscan University of Steubenville
I absolutely love the atmosphere at Franciscan! Everyone is so friendly and it's completely faith-filled. Academics are great, they just need to get everyone on the same core and it'll be perfect!
I love Franciscan University of Steubenville. The academics are quite difficult but it definitely pays off. The faith life is quite alive at Franciscan and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming but it is very supportive.
This school has an amazing environment where the majority of students are very friendly and encouraging. The academics are challenging enough where you don't feel like you're drowning in work, but you are still learning the material and discussing it effectively.