Francis Marion University Reviews

Francis Marion has a beautiful campus with a more than generous staff. The amount of opportunity available for student success is encouraging and motivating.
When it comes to attending any college they all gave their own special signature. Here at Francis Marion everyone is very open and sweet. The teachers have an open door policy which proves to be very resourceful and helpful. All of the teachers are willing to work with you, student involvement is very high and there have been no negative incidents on campus. The sports teams are active throughout the community and everyone at FMU supports each-other and the school provides all the resources you need.
Francis Marion is okay, they just need better security because of all of the incidents that happen on campus. The area of where the school is located is fine as well. The rooms on where the residents stay are fairly new and i love them. They are also very spacious.
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
Francis Marion University is great to me. The university installed security cameras so campus is much safer! The only concern I have is that some professors have hard to understand teaching styles.
Close knit campus with wonderful professors who want all students to succeed.
A wonderful home away from home.
The nursing program here sucks. The teachers do not help the students understand the material the way it is taught. When a teacher stands in front of class and tells the students no one passed the exam out of 50 students, something is wrong. Some students had a test bank for another class and the instructors including the Dean of Nursing knew about it and told the class they do not care. This program is also unorganized. If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken my time and my money somewhere else. Think twice before applying to the nursing school. My other instructors were great. It seemed the nursing teachers ran that part of the university like they want. I am very upset with my experience. I had higher expectations for the program and was sorely disappointed.
This is an excellent school. The school of nursing has a great success rate and FMU is truly family oriented.
Francis Marion is the easiest school to get into and the hardest school to get out of, personally I believe the University takes every short-cut possible in terms of spending.
Francis Marion is a great school with a lovely scenery and history. We have small classes where the teachers can know you better. I love this school.
Francis Marion is one of the greatest schools I've seen and everything about it seems to make it the perfect school!
Francis Marion University is one of the best schools in South Carolina. The professors take pride in their to help students succeed and pursue future opportunities. During critical weather conditions such as Hurricane Florence, Francis Marion always come through to help commuting students by letting them stay in the Resident Halls. The campus has a beautiful scenery.
The experience at Francis Marion University is enjoyable. Since it is a smaller university, students are able to interact with professors to form relationships that last in and out of the classroom. Voted as one of the prettiest campuses in South Carolina, the campus offers a serene and calming atmoshpere as students walk to classes or to simply enjoy leisure time. The students are able to sit and study outside near manicured gardens, and listen to the sounds of bubbling fountains. Not only that, Francis Marion has received numerous grants for different majors as well from the community and the state. Located in the PeeDee region of South Carolina, the school provides a top notch education for students who are pursuing a bachelors, masters and doctorate degree at an affordable cost. Francis Marion takes great pride in placing their graduates in jobs that reflects on the academics and merits of the university.
It takes a lot of work to succeed at this university, but if you can find ways to standout and interact with the professors you can go far. The campus has a nice environment and isn't too large. There are several opportunities to study if you take the initiative. There are new things happening all the time and the student body is constantly changing.
Great family like school, the professors and academics are great! The school is very diverse and they offer a couple of really good competitive bachelors programs.
Some professors there are helpful. The on campus food is okay. The tution is the cheapest in the state. The on campus living apartments are nice. The classroom sizes are generally small.
Faculty, staff and the students can be rude and petty. Not everyone is that way however, in fact you get the chance to meet new people, special guest and enjoy yourself with the activities provided by the school and other groups.
Something else to be aware of is the professors. Some of the professors can be really tough and expect a lot of you or you can get the laid back professor who knows your struggle.
Food is okay too. There's the diner(buffet), star bucks, subway, the grille(fast food), and the pod (for small shopping). If you don't want a meal plan eat at the grille or go to McDonalds, its across the street.
The campus living area is supposed to be quiet 24/7. Some people don't listen, so it can be a hassle when you're trying to study.
If you're planning on living on campus, know its a place of nature. Its surrounded with trees, animals and bugs.
The reason for my average rating here is because I've ran into the negatives of FMU, but I always had a way to enjoy myself.
Francis Marion University is overall amazing university. Honestly, the environment and staff are caring and very helpful if you need them to be. It’s an easy campus to move around and it is pretty easy to find every building when you get familiar with the campus.
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
I am coming into my 2nd year at FMU. If you're looking for a good quality education, Francis Marion is the place to be. I love my professors in my major department (Professor Baxley, Dr. Packett, Mr. Hanson). They are helpful and are always willing to answer any questions that we have. Most of the staff at FMU are very friendly. I look at FMU as more than a school, its a small community that offers young adults great chances to be successful.
My experience so far has been quite unexciting. The atmosphere is not vibrant or engaging. Overall, the campus is mostly quiet with very few social activities. Apart from those downsides, I have enjoyed some of my classes and the people I have met.
I think the university is taking a step in the right direction by developing their medical facilities. I think the other buildings, including the dorms could use an update. The professors are wonderful and they truly care about the students.