Francis Marion University Reviews

Francis Marion is a great school with a lovely scenery and history. We have small classes where the teachers can know you better. I love this school.
Francis Marion is one of the greatest schools I've seen and everything about it seems to make it the perfect school!
Francis Marion University is one of the best schools in South Carolina. The professors take pride in their to help students succeed and pursue future opportunities. During critical weather conditions such as Hurricane Florence, Francis Marion always come through to help commuting students by letting them stay in the Resident Halls. The campus has a beautiful scenery.
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
The experience at Francis Marion University is enjoyable. Since it is a smaller university, students are able to interact with professors to form relationships that last in and out of the classroom. Voted as one of the prettiest campuses in South Carolina, the campus offers a serene and calming atmoshpere as students walk to classes or to simply enjoy leisure time. The students are able to sit and study outside near manicured gardens, and listen to the sounds of bubbling fountains. Not only that, Francis Marion has received numerous grants for different majors as well from the community and the state. Located in the PeeDee region of South Carolina, the school provides a top notch education for students who are pursuing a bachelors, masters and doctorate degree at an affordable cost. Francis Marion takes great pride in placing their graduates in jobs that reflects on the academics and merits of the university.
It takes a lot of work to succeed at this university, but if you can find ways to standout and interact with the professors you can go far. The campus has a nice environment and isn't too large. There are several opportunities to study if you take the initiative. There are new things happening all the time and the student body is constantly changing.
Great family like school, the professors and academics are great! The school is very diverse and they offer a couple of really good competitive bachelors programs.
Some professors there are helpful. The on campus food is okay. The tution is the cheapest in the state. The on campus living apartments are nice. The classroom sizes are generally small.
Faculty, staff and the students can be rude and petty. Not everyone is that way however, in fact you get the chance to meet new people, special guest and enjoy yourself with the activities provided by the school and other groups.
Something else to be aware of is the professors. Some of the professors can be really tough and expect a lot of you or you can get the laid back professor who knows your struggle.
Food is okay too. There's the diner(buffet), star bucks, subway, the grille(fast food), and the pod (for small shopping). If you don't want a meal plan eat at the grille or go to McDonalds, its across the street.
The campus living area is supposed to be quiet 24/7. Some people don't listen, so it can be a hassle when you're trying to study.
If you're planning on living on campus, know its a place of nature. Its surrounded with trees, animals and bugs.
The reason for my average rating here is because I've ran into the negatives of FMU, but I always had a way to enjoy myself.
Francis Marion University is overall amazing university. Honestly, the environment and staff are caring and very helpful if you need them to be. It’s an easy campus to move around and it is pretty easy to find every building when you get familiar with the campus.
I am coming into my 2nd year at FMU. If you're looking for a good quality education, Francis Marion is the place to be. I love my professors in my major department (Professor Baxley, Dr. Packett, Mr. Hanson). They are helpful and are always willing to answer any questions that we have. Most of the staff at FMU are very friendly. I look at FMU as more than a school, its a small community that offers young adults great chances to be successful.
My experience so far has been quite unexciting. The atmosphere is not vibrant or engaging. Overall, the campus is mostly quiet with very few social activities. Apart from those downsides, I have enjoyed some of my classes and the people I have met.
I think the university is taking a step in the right direction by developing their medical facilities. I think the other buildings, including the dorms could use an update. The professors are wonderful and they truly care about the students.
I would like to see the campus security change. The attacks on my campus have not be investigated nor solved. I would hope that they would want to bring the families of the young women that the tragedy fell upon some closure. I feel like it would also bring the females on campus some closure as well.
The class sizes are small which is wonderful! I am in the honors program which is a great opportunity that allows me to take interesting classes and meet equally motivated people like myself! FMU is a fairly inexpensive university that has many scholarship options and has great housing!
The overall experience at Francis Marion was amazing. It was close to home yet was still a way for me to be independent. The professors work one on one with you and can know you by name. They are there to help!
FMU is located away from the city which feels a bit safer being so secluded. They offer a lot of major options and hold a strong name influence in the surrounding areas. Professors are friendly and there's a variety of student Life involvement opportunities.
FMU is home. I spent the last four years there, and I watched others fall in love with the place so much that they stayed for seven years, eight even, as undergrads. Those are the smartest, most hardworking people I know. They’ll go on to be teachers, chemists, biologists, psychologists, researchers, and managers. FMU has taken teens whom no one believed in and has given them opportunities and dreams and degrees. They’ve housed homeless students over breaks and given second chances to students who spent time in drug rehab and jail. Everyone is loved equally there and forgiven endlessly. At FMU, students can always find help and love and home.
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
I love the professors and the size. Francis Marion is great community and there are many ways to get involved on campus. As a senior looking back on my time there I’ve loved it and I’ve loved everything I’ve done and everyone I’ve met. I’m in a sorority I’m campus and through that and Francis Marion I’ve found my bridesmaids, sisters, and I gained a family. My experience at FMU has been a great one and I wish it didn’t have to end.
I like the fact that Francis Marion University is a smaller populated school. It allows the falculty and students to actually connect and know of one another.
Francis Marion University is a diverse college. The campus has a country-like look. There's plenty of trees around the campus. It have a wildlife appearance. Francis Marion is a home away from home. It's located in a none busy environment and located twelve minutes away from the usual city of Florence. The school need to improve on the teaching of the classroom. The teachers hardly teach the classrooms. Some teachers actually do their work, but others choose to sit around the whole classroom and give orders. Other than that issue Francis Marion is a wonderful school and have many unique students attending.