Francis Marion University Reviews

I love the people and the atmosphere in most of my classes. I love the spirit. I could do without the exhausting walks to class in the humidity, but that's the price of a spacious, beautiful campus. The work is hard and heavy workload, but it is manageable. I still manage to go out several nights a week with friends. It's just winter quarter, and I'm already is doing an internship/research with a professor. The opportunities are endless. Simply put, Dartmouth is an incredible place for your college experience.
I like how small and pretty the campus is. I also like how the size of most of my classes and being able to get one on one time with my professors, and I also like the opportunities and resources that are available to everyone.
The campus is clean and everyone is very nice and professional. The professors are easy to get along with and are fair graders. I only wish some of the labs were more up-to-date.
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
I love it at FMU! The professors are great, and the student life is cool. The dorms are fun to live in, and the food on campus is awesome.
Francis Marion University is for chill, relaxed individuals who don't mind intense classes. Student life is moderate due to a lack of student involvement on campus but it is improving. Sororities and fraternities aren't entirely big on campus due to the lack of student involvement as well but they are in the background of most events. Our sports teams are all pretty good and are gaining support from students by the years. Francis Marion's campus is nature based and has sort of a plantation home theme to go with the university being named after a Revolutionary War hero. Overall, the university is fairly decent but could improve on its student involvement aspect.
I like the smaller class sizes and the fact that the professors here actually take the time to get to know you and create that unique learning experience for each student
The professors at FMU are very knowledgeable and helpful. I graduated with a psychology degree and the program is rigorous but can be completed if you work hard.
It is a nice and small campus! It is very easy to learn your way around the campus and there is usually always someone willing to help just in case you get lost.
I'm proud to be in a nice Clean school and feeling safe with understanding teacher safe dorm room good food and I'm learning in Francis Marion university I'm proud to be a student
Classes are a great size, which allows students and professors to get more one on one time. All professors are very helpful and students treat one another with respect.
FMU campus is close-knit like a family. From the moment I moved in I felt like I was home. I've met so many wonderful people here and made great friends. My teachers were always accessible to me and offered assistance whenever I needed it.
Beautiful campus, amazing professors who CARE and actually want you to succeed! Small campus, but full of people with big hearts and dreams.
Francis Marion University RN-BSN program is a wonderful program. As a 18 year ADN Nurse I had anxiety about any BSN program! The instructors were helpful, informative, and organized!
I enjoyed the open house and the friendlyness of the staff. They made me feel at home and made me want to attend the college more.
I attended Francis Marion for 3 years. The professors are amazing. Each one does everything they can to help you in your academic journey to your degree, and even onward into your career. As long as the student has the desire, these teachers are determined to help you find the way. The campus is beautiful, if a little confusing in some of the buildings' layouts, but most of the courses are centralized in one or more buildings for each major. I recommend this school to anyone & everyone looking to get a well-rounded & pleasant college experience while achieving their academic goals.
Francis Marion is a great university with large diversity. I would like to see student life become more active.
I love FMU! If you're looking for a small school with diversity and a great location then look no further! This school is for someone who is serious but yet want to enjoy a the "litty-ness" of college life. Like every school it has it's ups and down with professors and the finical aid office. If you're thinking about going defiantly go to the campus and check out the area near the school. You'll enjoy it !
Start Your Review of Francis Marion University
Overall, FMU is a great, small university. I would recommend this to anyone who lives in South Carolina. A lot of the professors are very nice and well do anything to help you out. Francis Marion has great events outside of school and athletics are very involved.
My experience here I can say is really what you expect out of college. It is not like high school, so you would have to take responsibility for yourself. The work here is a bit challenging, so they push you to your full potential. Overall it is a good school, so come if you are willing to work.
My experience here so far, is pretty good. Most of the teachers that I've dealt with are pretty caring, although now I'm am more dedicated to doing my personal research on teachers. You have plenty of access of help right on campus, such as the tutoring and writing center. Or course there's the library, 24 hour lab, and others things for enjoyment as well which include the campus church, pool, and gym. There's also the Dinner, Starbucks and the Grille where you can eat. Some thing I would say could be improved, even though some may see it as a small thing, but for me being a freshman although I may have thought I knew everything I didn't. Here they don't assign you your advisor till about 2 months into school, I feel I needed guidance as soon as possible.