Fortis Institute - Pensacola Reviews

I like the flexibility that Fortis offers all of the students with their programs. All of the instructors are dedicated to encouraging their students to excel in their programs and provide a multitude of support. They offer tutoring several days a week to ensure all of their students are understanding the material being offered and work around your busy work schedule.
Fortis Institute is an institute filled with faculty and staff that leach as much money they can, by failing a certain number of students at a time to keep the institute's reputation high. As the daughter of a student, I was under the allusion that my already-working mother would be able to finish her RN studies in 2-3 years, and right about when she was SUPPOSED to be graduating in March, her Capstone teachers by the names of Ms. Jessino(?) and Ms. Salter(?), gave her the hardest time ever, accusing her of not doing things that she did. There are a few GREAT teachers here, but they are in a sense the diamonds in the gutter, hard to find, but make a lasting impression. Now my mom has to take her last class along with Capstone all over again, and won't finish until June, which is mentally taking a toll on her and us as a family. Even though the motto is "Failure is NOT an Option!", we clearly see that it is according to their standards.
Too expensive, credits do not transfer, subpar teaching, schedule issues, they charge you over $700 every semester for "immunizations," teachers keep getting hired then quitting after 1 semester, teachers that have been there for years have been quitting, advisors being very unprofessional with students telling people they don't have what it takes to be a nurse and calling them lazy to their faces, I do NOT recommend this school.
Start Your Review of Fortis Institute - Pensacola
they only offered me day classes 9-2 so if you cant do that you are screwed
I'm still a student but I've heard a lot of positive feedback from past student.
All of the instructors are so knowledgeable and helpful. each and everyone of them is uplifting, and always right beside yo to help guide you .
MRS, Faulkner is really involved with the students and helping them get job placement. I always see her walking around the salon looking at our work and asking if we took before and after pictures.
I love the facility, the instructors and the fact that after you finish your first 19 weeks you get to take real clients with very diverse needs.
I really love the cosmetology program. The only thing I did not like about the school, was the lack of help getting any kind of financial aid other than pell grant or student loans.
I love that they individualize the program. Every time I have been in the admission rep always remembers my name and says hello.
I am halfway through the program. I am happy with my choice. It is difficult, but I will say if I were a patient, I would NOT want a nurse who graduated from an easy breezy nursing school. I appreciate that it takes massive effort
When you pay tuition, everything is included... Uniforms, books, nursing supplies, even a back pack and a laptop computer! I admit the tuition is higher than other schools, but to me the education is better. The Anatomy and Physiology professor is by far the best instructor I have had in my life. Most of the other instructors are excellent as well, and are extremely invested in the students success, and willing to go many extra miles to assist in any way. Some of the admin are rude, I think they consider it their personal mission to weed out the riff raff, by testing the patience of every student enrolled. Only the strong survive! It is an accelerated program, and the workload is heavy. Do not try this program if you are not a natural academic, already experienced in healthcare (i.e. LPN or MA), or are EXTREMELY dedicated to doing hours of homework 5-6 days a week, if not more. Please have a solid support system in place.
Great students & learning atmosphere
Financial aid is great. They design at financial plan that fits your budget & they explain everything as you go.
They are awesome. They take the time to carefully select what is best for you
I love my specific major. It's exac what I want to do. The teachers are very supportive and teach everything you need to know. I love all the hands on tasks we complete. The workload is a lot but the staff is always there to help. I haven't started my internship yet but I hear it's an amazing program that gives you OJT, and I'm very excited about that.
The staff is amazing & very supportive
Start Your Review of Fortis Institute - Pensacola
They have everything I look for in a school.
Tuition is triple the cost of other schools
Printers are only in the library.