1. Landover, MD
  2. 2 Year

Fortis College - Landover Reviews

Although I didn't transfer credits, I took classes that set the basics for the courses I am taking now. This helps me because I can understand material faster.
Online classes offer face to face tutoring so everything works out.
There is a office in the school that does networking and helps students get jobs.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The information is difficult but that is expected. The professors break down the course material for the students to better understand.
The degree I will be obtaining will allow to take the state board exam for licensure to become a Dental Hygienist.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The classes are geared towards your major so every class teaches you something you can apply to your career.
The professors at my school are engaged with the student's learning. The class sizes are smaller so it is easier to grasp information. The staff is pretty friendly and helpful, which helps adjusting to the environment easy.
The staff is friendly and the teachers will provide extra help if needed
Recruiting for the school is very interesting because they get you in as soon as you want and they talk to you make sure you have all the information, so you can think about it for awhile. The career services are good because everyone seems like they get the places they want.
  • College Senior
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
The workload seems to be okay. But the equipment I have to carry around is a lot. The curriculum changes every 3 weeks because of it being a 9 month program
I went on a tour of the school. It's very small but has many places where the classrooms. My guide was able to tell me everything about the school and the majors that it offers. It was easy to understand what was need of me to complete the application process.
Certain instructors are more helpful than others. These instructors seem to care about the students than most do. AlthoughThe reps were good with helping with registration info and application process which made it easy for me to apply.
It's traditional and hands on at the same time.
They help you find a job right after your time there.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
I didn't start yet so i don't know everything about the program yet.
This School is the best for ME because its hands on and small so i can get around.The teachers are very knowledgeable and know what they're doing.It's not easy though.There are a lot of challenges.
I did not have any college prior to going to Fortis and one of the top selling points for me was that the prerequisites were including in the program and that it takes just over 2 years.
  • Campus
We have wireless access but there are security policies that prevent students from knowing the wireless password. The Librarian has to manually type in the code and then one is not sure for how long it will work and once on the elevator the connection is lost as well. It's frustrating.
  • Campus
The tuition is rather high and it is discouraging that as students we do not have some of the basic equipment like a projector or document camera during a crucial class like Head and Neck Anatomy.
  • Campus
The acceleration of the courses is very difficult, but not unrealistic. This is a great opportunity for those who still have to work or have families... Or are limited to the time they have to complete the program. I haven't been impressed with the teaching style thus far, but hear it gets better as the program progresses.