Fort Valley State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.45 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.44 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies57 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services23 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities22 Graduates
Business Administration and Management21 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences17 Graduates
Political Science and Government17 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies16 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.27 responses
Fort Valley State University Reviews
Fort Valley State University is a HBCU in Fort Valley, GA. In my 4 years here i have so many mixed emotions. The school is nice. The professors are very nice! I feel like since this is a small campus, there is more one on one time with professors and students. The professors really do care, and are understanding of situations. They know how hard it is to make it through college and they have no problem working with you. Obviously there are some things that can be worked on such as finacial aid but other than that i think it is a really nice campus
Fort Valley State University is a HBCU that provides students with an adequate college experience. The people and students are friendly, so you feel like you fit right in on your first day. Campus life is great, the dorms are nice and clean. Classes are a walk away, and so are your friends. Saturday games are the best! Sitting in the stands with your friends as you cheer on the football team is a wonderful experience. I love being a wildcat!
The best thing about FVSU is the southern hospitality that spreads throughout the Wildcat community. I have enjoyed my experience thus far, from the students to the staff, even the janitors are nice and helpful. There are so many different opportunities that are in the Wildcat community, from joining clubs to watching some of the staff take on the students in fun games of basketball and football. The campus has grown so much over that past decade and even the upgrade of the food, parking lots, and even the dorm life is different. There is an overall helping and learning opportunity at Fort Valley State University!