Fort Lewis College Reviews

1,027 reviews
The scenery itself is beautiful! This made me feel right at home. I love how classes are just right there. Walking distance is about 10-15 minute walk, depending on where your classes are located. It has just the right amount of students who applied here as year, if you compare it to another college, or say university their population is much more than Durango.
Although I've only been here for about a week, they seem very friendly. Their food service - Sodexo, could be better quality. However, the classes, programs, and people are all very good. The location couldn't be better.
Fort Lewis College is a beautiful campus surrounded by mountains. There is plenty of outdoor activities to do when you are not studying. The professors are the best, they are willing to work with you and treat you with respect.
Start Your Review of Fort Lewis College
The campus is beautiful, there are always deer on the campus. The class sizes are average, around 20-1 student to professor ratio. Classes are easy as long as you do your work and read the material. Professors are nice.
Small town college a step up from a community college. Professors know your name and you are not just a number. The environment is very beautiful and full of outdoor activities. People are friendly and surrounded with good food.
My favorite fact about Fort Lewis College is the classroom size. The classroom size is less than thirty to a classroom. Its the ideal place if you are new to college. I was accustomed to it because I transferred from a community college. Also, due to the classroom size. The professors offer more one on one instruction.
Fort lewis college is a great college with a friendly campus and in a beautiful area. Classes are small and you can get to know your professors with a more one on one learning environment.
The school's location and the professors are amazing. It is a beautiful setting with a very peaceful campus. The professors are incredible and always willing to help. The administration is the only aspect that is lacking in strength.
Fort Lewis College is located in beautiful Durango Colorado and has so much to offer. Durango is a small friendly and diverse community which suits the college campus very well. At Fort Lewis, students are very close with each other and with the professors as well. My experience at Fort Lewis College has been very amazing.
I've had a wonderful experience so far being at FLC. I am a non-traditional student who has transferred here and I have had nothing but positive experiences with staff and faculty.
Fort Lewis College is in a great location with a friendly environment. I like the look of the campus, and dorms as they fit my college experience. The program for English was also very good. I'm excited to attend Fort Lewis. The proffesors are also very inspiring to students in classes. It's a very diverse school that has other native americans like myself, which makes me more comfortable in the environment.
Since beginning at Fort Lewis, I have been focused and confident in my work. There are multiple resources for everything and anything on campus. As a student it is easy to connect with other students and find ways to be engaged on campus. It is also easy and very encouraged to talk to your instructors and they always have time for you if your willing to communicate with them.
Fort Lewis College is a school where students can participate in multiple club activities and sports. As an alumnus, I have had the chance to enjoy my college life by entering in the AIGA club on campus. This club is for graphic designers to participate in different activities that improves a designers skills and knowledge. Fort Lewis College also has programs like TRIO that help students improve academically and have resources for one-on-one tutoring. What I like about this college is that professors help students achieve in their academic skills by setting real-life examples in the classroom and in grading. What Fort Lewis can improve on would be having more financial advisors that can help students who have deeper problems within financial needs.
There are great parts to this college and there are terrible parts. I'm a freshman right now and the vast majority of my friend group, myself included, are transferring next year. The school is totally broke and they make stupid decisions money wise, and this website needs to change the tuition because it is way higher than the one currently displayed. You have to be a very particular type of person to be totally happy here, and to look past how much you are being ripped off attending this school. I'm sure that once you don't live on campus the experience is better, because the town is amazing, but my freshman year has been so off putting I'm transferring back to my hometown college, which is not what I ever thought I would do.
My time at Fort Lewis was excellent. The classes were diverse and interesting. The professors were professional and very kind (except the yoga teacher, but he’s gone now). I regret that I had to leave Fort Lewis and look forward to returning. The area is beautiful, the people are quirky and friendly. The college is great at supporting and encouraging students to take advantage of the many outdoor sports in the area, from frisbee golf to ice climbing. The bike and hiking trails both on campus and in town are endless and entertaining. The local food is great, the community is fun and the landscape is breathtaking.
Fort Lewis College is great for students who love the outdoors, small community vibe, and nearby skiing. Ft. Lewis is a small school but has a lovely campus. I'd advise planning to bring a car—the campus is on a hill above the town, and it is not easy to get back and forth.
My uncle who reside on campus with his girlfriend. Spent time around campus, I applied for a job downtown so I lived with him for 2 months and it was an great experience seeing the beautiful campus and nature around it.
Start Your Review of Fort Lewis College
This is a gorgeous town with plenty to do downtown. I love being in a tourisk town. The stars at night are beautiful as well as looking at downtown from the ridge. However the food is atrocious and there is no party scene on campus. Plus the housing is old and outdated and has no air conditioning making August and September too hot.
Fort Lewis is a great 4 year undergraduate school that deserves the best and graduates the best, It has great majors, and offers two masters programs.
Fort Lewis is a beautiful college! So many opportunities with amazing professors and assistance to succeed!