Fort Hays State University Reviews

Fort Hays State University was an overall great campus. I went there my freshman year and met a ton of new people. Since I was apart of the women's basketball team, it lead to even more opportunities. Being on the basketball team lead to some challenges with missing quizzes or tests, but I worked with my professors to always make it up and it was never an issue. Student life was also a positive environment. I always saw someone I knew when I was walking to my classes and having some familiar faces was a good feeling. Something that I would like to see change at Fort Hays State University is definitely the parking around the dorms. Finding parking was always a pain for me, especially in the winter when walking in the cold became a struggle. To fix this problem, more parking lots should be paved.
Fort Hays State University if a great college to go to! They make you feel like you are part of the tiger family. FHSU has the lowest tuition in the state of Kansas and is ranked fairly high on the national level. You are assigned an advisor which corresponds to your major. Your advisor will become your best friend. They help you decide on your future. Advisors are there to help you with any questions you have relating to your major or just general college or life questions. They are very one-on-one/personal. As so are the instructors at FHSU. Class sizing are relatively small (20-30 students in each class).

Fort Hays is growing every year if it isn't by student population it's by buildings. Every year it seems like there is a new and improved building in the works. Lastly, the campus is beautiful. The quad has so many trees which it makes it so pretty in the spring and the fall.
Fort Hays is right to the point and direct with the process of admittance. More communication is needed.
Start Your Review of Fort Hays State University
Some degrees are totally online - great if you are employed. Price is good. There are some extras that you aren't told about up front that are required for online courses.
great university. Very helpful staff and professors! I am an online graduate student and my experience has been really positive. i would recommend them for anyone doing online schooling. The format is easy to fololow and instructors are helpful in classes.
Fort Hays has been my home for the past two years and it truly has became my favorite place. My family has always had a long tradition of attending FHSU, and when I was in 6th grade, I knew I was going to keep that tradition alive and attend as well. Fast forward to now and I can see how truly amazing this place is - the community and people are friendly, the athletics are really good for our region and D2 school, the opportunities available for students to get involved are outstanding from Greek life to intramurals to major-specific clubs. There is something for everyone to participate in at FHSU whether that be hanging with friends, being involved in SGA, or walking around campus. Fort Hays State University might not get 5 stars in all the categories below, but my experience and education have truly been 5 stars. Roll Tiges!
I really liked the campus and the teachers I had, but I didn't like that none of the drivers would stop at the crosswalks. It was pretty cool that one half of the campus has cats everywhere and the other has squirrels.
I have nothing but good things to say about Fort Hays! As a military spouse finding an all inclusive online program was a must since I've moved twice since enrolling. Everything has been easy and their costs are low. Their education program is boasted to be one of the best but it's truly everything it's cracked up to be.
I graduated from FHSU this December with a Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology. I loved that the faculty made student learning and success a priority. I appreciated how many leadership opportunities were available to me, even as a freshman. It was easy to get involved and make great friends. Entertainment was affordable too, with so many free on-campus events.
Great school, and very accommodating and overall easy to get through your education. The teachers that I have had are very well educated and go out of their way to help you and make sure you are getting the help you are wanting to make sure you understand.
Fort Hays was a great choice and I have had a great learning experience there. The community and school are perfect size - not too small and not too large. Fort Hays State University has a great faculty to student ratio which allows students to be successful in classes.
I have been attending fhsu persuing a degree in manufacturing technology. It is a 4 year degree much related to enginerring, but all hands on. The campus is great and everyone's attitude is over the top. I hope all consider fhsu even though it is a little out of the way in kansas, but has great benifits being in a small town environment.
I really enjoy FHSU. The professors do a great job of getting to known students. Fort Hays is very affordable but that does not stop them from providing a great education.
Fort Hays State is a solid school if you're looking for a college experience on a budget. The school's small size provides for a much better learning environment that you may otherwise get at a large university, and the academic programs are competent. The town of Hays is... dull and isolated to say the least and I would not recommend for anyone who would prefer to be in a populated area. The school's management cuts alot of corners in housing and facilities, and I cannot count how many times the elevator broke, the roof leaked, or the fire alarm went off for no reason in the middle of the night. While this may sound bad, as long as you can find accommodations off campus, it isn't too much of a problem. The party scene has quite a reputation; whether it lives up to this standard is up to you. Food's terrible. Campus is safe as long as you don't do anything incredibly stupid. All of my professor's have been very friendly, accommodating and professional thus far.
This was a wonderful school. The professors were always available and helpful. I appreciated the fact my Masters could be completed at my pace. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who is considering online classes.
It's a great school. All my teacher are caring and understanding. They are well qualified and always helping me succeed. Everybody is super friendly.
I went on a college visit to Fort Hays State University my Sophomore year of high school and it was amazing. I've wanted to go there ever since that day. Some of the things that I really liked about the college is the beautiful campus, the small class sizes, and how everyone I met there was eager to answer any questions I had about the college. Another thing that I like about FHSU is the fact that they have an accredited Nursing and Radiology program and those are the two careers that I'm considering to become. Overall, Fort Hays State University and the most beautiful and well ran college I've ever visited.
Start Your Review of Fort Hays State University
I am still a student at Fort Hays State University and I enjoy this school very much. It is a medium sized college and the class sizes are small. I enjoy this because you have more of an opportunity to interact with the teachers.
I have visited Fort Hays many times. For soccer and a road trip. The overall feeling is amazing. You feel as if a new door has open to a bright future. I'm so excited to be a Tiger next year!
Fort Hays State University is a great college, especially for people who have lived in small towns their whole lives. It is a very diverse campus and I have had very few bad professors