Forsyth Technical Community College Reviews

i would like to see the leadership to change at this college. The people running things don't tend to know whats going on them selves.
So far my experience at Tech has been okay, not amazing, but not awful. I go to two local campuses, the Stokes Early College and Northwest Center instead of the main campus, which is very convenient if you don't live in/near Winston. Forsyth Tech professors don't like to see failure, really care about your success in their classes and are very understanding, which I really appreciate. Tech is great for anyone who's transferring to a university like NC State because their courses match up perfectly so you can be sure your credits will transfer.
Forsyth Technical Community College offers a large variety of courses. I really enjoyed attending this school because it had small class sizes, and most teachers were very approachable. One thing I would like to see change is the quality of the teachers employed. Although most teachers are good, there are several that never communicate with their students, and do not properly teach the material. Also, I would like for Forsyth Technical Community College to start offering more types of Associate's Degrees to students enrolled in early college programs.
Start Your Review of Forsyth Technical Community College
Forsyth Tech is just a typical community college. There is a very large student body. It seems that at least half of the student body only do what they have to do to graduate. The other half, or possibly even less, actually strive to do their best. This can sometimes create a learning environment that is subpar. The academics and professors are pretty typical for community college standards, although a few professors do go above and beyond. There is not much school spirit on campus and not much to do either. There are a few school clubs, but they are not advertised well.
Forsyth Tech is a great college that fosters an excellent learning environment. The campus is beautiful. The instructors are knowledgeable and work with students to attain educational success. There is a communal atmosphere that integrates academic and practical learning through local internships, practicums, and clinical settings, that in many cases translate to job placement or futher educational studies.
It's nice but freshman year is difficult. I'm still very confused on how it all works. Great teachers though.
Overall, Forsyth Tech is a great school. They provide a variety of programs and degrees. The parking should be improved.
My specific major will be associates in arts
Teacher makes student accountable but are still flexible
So far it has been flexible, but there are times where it is also difficult to workout.
The online experience might be more convenient to others, but it is not for me.
All of my professors have been extremely helpful easy to understand.
Earning an A.A. degree from this school will allow me to easily transfer to a university of my choice.
My academic has been very pleasant and filled with great instructors.
This school has an awesome transfer program for students looking to transfer to a 4 year college.
I enjoy the program I'm in, the instructors are very encouraging and informative. Students show initiative that they actually want to learn from this program. The workloads can be heavy and create stress, but it prepares us as students to apply in the real world working towards our career. Currently the program is in the progress of work based learning classes that work towards internships that will later help us later in our career as designers.
I've only been attending Forsyth Technical Community College since August 2015, but it's great! I had low expectations considering that it's a community college, but it's been enjoyable. I previously came from another college in a different state that I attended for two semesters. My advisor within my program had no problem transferring every one of my credits from my previous college to apply to my Forsyth transcript. I was extremely happy having my credits transfer because that is one of the most difficult issues that a student faces when transferring from one college to another.
Start Your Review of Forsyth Technical Community College
The teachers and program coordinator of my specific program of study have been in my shoes before and have also worked as a technologist like I plan to one day. They relate topics in class to what it will really be like for me one day in the field. The workload is even and I never feel unprepared or not well-informed when tested. I feel very prepared and educated in what I have learned so far.
Forsyth Technical Community Colleges is one of the few in the state that offers my program, Nuclear Medicine Technology. They want the students to succeed and do well in all the courses. I would choose Forsyth Tech if I had to do it again because they are organized which makes it easy as a student to get answers, help, and stay on track of any needs they may have.
My overall experience at school has been very eye opening. I feel right at home.