Fordham University Reviews

1,617 reviews
Fordham isn't great. Fordham isn't bad, either. Fordham is just like any other school; there are pros and cons at every institution.
I've just been accepted and the interview process and the contact that personal professors and directors have already given me have been absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to spend the next four years of my life here!
Fordham was a mixed bag for me. I had some awesome and friendly professors, made great friends. On the other hand, the administrative side of the school was insanely unhelpful.
Pros:
1. Two campuses give you access to the city and a traditional campus
2. Its near NYC so you can have lots of fun
3. Many great professors
Cons:
1. The school administration sucks! They will do nothing to make your life easier: bad career services, terrible financial aid interactions, horrible international student office behavior!
2. Financial "Aid" office is useless. Their international student office was horrible too. They wouldn't help you with anything and leave you on your own.
3. Old websites and systems! Their websites were outdated in 2010 and they still have made no improvements.
4. Bronx is not safe. Don't leave campus at odd hours!
Start Your Review of Fordham University
Fordham is a wonderful place to come of age in college, especially if you truly embrace Jesuit education and all it stands for. You can learn anywhere, but Fordham is the kind of school that affords you the opportunity to grow as a person. The downside is the cost: it is prohibitively expensive.
Fordham University Lincoln Center Campus is in the heart of New York City and a perfect place for people who truly love the city and want to experience all it has to offer. Because of our location some of our assignments include going to museums or going to the 9/11 memorial. I am currently a dance major and I love how I am able to get a great education and dance training all at the same time. The teachers that I have had the pleasure of working with ar all great and I love the core requirements at Fordham. Having a more liberal arts curriculum really interests me instead of having such basic requirements. There are always areas that Fordham can work on but overall I have had a great experience.
The food is absolutely terrible and the people working at the dining court are very rude. All of the teachers are super helpful and genuinely care about the students.
The best of all academic experiences I have had. Fordham is a school for sophisticated learners, so if you went to a high school where you were babied and spoon-fed information - this is not the place for you; but if you are ready to be an adult and want an well-rounded education, Fordham is the answer. I will qualify this by saying that I went to Fordham College at Rose Hill. I cannot speak about Gabelli or FC Lincoln Center, though I do think the standards vary.
Fordham is a great school academically and will set you up with incredible opportunities in Manhattan. The party scene isn't great, but you can definitely have fun if you know the right people.
Rose Hill campus is beautiful and well maintained. There is a shuttle that take you back and forth to the Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan. It is in a great location and easily accessible by public transportation. Most of the professors and very understanding yet intelligent and demanding.
Fordham, even though it is in the heart of the Bronx, is a very safe university due to its extensive safety measures. Furthermore, the academics and alumni connections are very good considering Fordham is right next to New York City. However, Fordham's food is absolutely disgusting, for the amount of money students pay, they are not getting their money's worth.
Fordham has helped me grow into a mature individual. I have learned a lot about who I am as an individual and teammate. Deans at Fordham are very helpful to helping me choose my major and advising me on my career. The school also provides a lot of career workshops to prepare for interviews, go over resumes and cover letters. Fordham has a lot of great connections with many big companies and that's what I like about Fordham.
I like the diversity of the school. The faculty is very friendly, excellent professors. Everyone is willing to work with you to insure your success, especially for adult who work and or have a family.
Fordham University provides rigorous academic training at the graduate level. However, the cost of attendance is prohibitive. Furthermore, there is little support for pursuing external or internal funding.
I was an Assistant Professor of Military Science at Fordham in 1969-1970. It was a great tour, except when the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) tried to kidnap the Army and Air Force ROTC Departments. Due to good intel we called a meeting of the three military fraternities (Pershing Rifles, Arnold Air Society and the AUSA Ram Company) and caused the SDS to slink away in disgrace. I met my wife there and had a military wedding at the University Chapel and our reception at the Student Union.
Best Academic experience I've had, hand I've attended several universities throughout the U.S, including NYU, Columbia, UCLA, Manhattan College and CUNY. Fordham teachers are exceptionally professional and thoughtful; the campuses in The Bronx and Manhattan are beautiful; you will learn to think critically and for yourself.
As a freshman with one semester under my belt, I really enjoy Fordham and all it has to offer. While the food may not be that great, New York City has plenty of amazing food to offer. The academics are not too difficult as long as you set aside some time for studies. The social scene is also very enjoyable but I could see how it can get boring for some people. NYC is a great location as it has a lot of internships and job opportunities for graduates of the university.
Teachers are great, and it provides students with numerous opportunities through the city. The diversity and food could be improved though.
Start Your Review of Fordham University
I toured Fordham this summer and loved the atmosphere. I was impressed with the Business school and the opportunity for internships.
Fordham is a good campus, but for certain majors, it is a better experience over others. Humanities majors have greater opportunities to do academic and non-academic pursuits through the school while more demanding majors such as the sciences or maths are more academically inclined, but do not provide the best facilities or activities to get the most out of the experience.
Fordham Lincoln Center is great! It's the perfect mix of a small school and a big city right outside of your door.