Founded in 1841, Fordham offers an urban educational experience rooted in the Jesuit tradition of intellectual rigor and respect for the individual. Students choose from more than 60 majors and complete a core curriculum that spans literature, history, science, theology, philosophy, and the arts. Fordham has two residential campuses: Rose Hill, adjacent to the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo; and Lincoln Center, in the cultural heart of Manhattan near Central Park. As the Jesuit University of NYC, Fordham is a place where talent and intellect are nurtured and dreams are achieved.
Fordham University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.110 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.128 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.128 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.105 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.169 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.69 responses
Fordham University Reviews
I took classes at both campuses though my home campus was in Manhattan.
The Bronx Rose Hill Campus I didn't like, at ALL! Very elitist, snobby students that have been sheltered by their upper middle class or well-to-do parents. Sadly, the BRONX campus is divided by race and ethnicity. Very segregated, so you see the white Irish with other white Irish, Italian American with other Italian Americans, Latinos, with Latinos, blacks with blacks. In 2015, 2016 and 2017 there were in the Bronx campus a few racial incidents.
The classes and professors at both locations are rigorous and HARD GRADERS. You have good professors and then you have a few very arrogant elitists, that no matter how hard you work, they will always give you a mediocre grade. All it takes is one professor to mess up your entire grade point average. Research each professor in "RATE MY PROFESSOR."