Foothill College Reviews

What I like about Foothill college is the diversity of races and also social backgrounds. It makes the school more real in that sense. Everyone there is so focused on their education, you can see it their eyes when you look amongst them. Seeing how it is such a diverse school, this helps with being able to learn on how to interact with different people from all over the world bringing us closer together as a school family.
I would like to see more computer science professors that have actual work experience not just teaching experience.
I am an international student. My first quarter was quite difficult, because I did no know how the US educational system works as well as mental barriers. I went to a few departments seeking help and in all of them I was treated with respect. Foothill college has been a wonderful bridge between my education and how I deal with challenges. I did right picking up Foothill College as my first college in the US.
Start Your Review of Foothill College
Foothill is a really awesome college. Getting involved on campus has definitely made my experience all the more meaningful. I would advise students to take advantage of the resources that the campus has to offer early, for it makes the process towards earning a degree, certificate, or transferring much more intuitive. I also advise students to do everything they can to socialize with others. The social environment at Foothill is fair, but there's always room for improvement!
Foothill has been my college for my first two years in college before transferring. I graduated in Biochemistry at UC Davis and later decided to take a Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering. Foothill is where I chose to complete my missing undergraduate Engineering courses. The classes here are often not full, so much less frustration to register for classes compared to other campuses I have been to. Classes are also generally easier. Plus, the scene here is beautiful; the campus is super nice and clean - it is quite all the time; and the staff, especially the STEM center, is very helpful. They want you to succeed. This is the place to go.
Foothill College provides students a lot opportunities to transfer to good 4 years College. Generally, the professors are good. They are a little bit strict on students, but I know that is actually good for us.
First and foremost, the campus is amazing. It’s this combination of nature and modern schools that you’ll just love. Second , the food is a lot better than most schools food so if you your high school food was bad, don’t worry the foothill cafe won’t let you down. And lastly , I enjoy the liberty of choosing your schedule since most of us have jobs in the weekend or through out the week. So to have that flexibility is just another plus .
Great instructors, beautiful campus, strong curriculum, good resources. Commuter school so poor social life, dorm rating N/A because they do not offer housing. Extremely affordable.
The class sizes are usually 40 or less people, which gives you the opportunity to really connect with not only your classmates but your professors as well. Often times you take classes for your major you'll end up having the same classmates which is nice. The financial aid department can be a little behind at times which is frustrating for someone who is a recipient and needs it to attend college, but other than that I love this school.
Although I have only attended Foothill College for one quarter, I must applaud the college for having an easily approachable administration. Unlike many other colleges in the Bay Area, Foothill does not suffer from the same degree of overpopulation and impaction. As a result, the administration can give the moderately-sized student body more attention because there aren't as many students requiring assistance. In my experience, the counseling department does a great job at acclimating new students to the college atmosphere. In particular, students who plan to transfer to a 4-year university can rely on the counseling department to lead them in the right direction by creating an educational plan that ensures they meet the transfer requirements in a timely manner. A few gripes I have with Foothill include the fact that the college is a bit secluded so there isn't much to do in the area and that even with a small student body, the parking lots can fill up quite quickly.
Foothill is a great Community College and what makes it an incredible school is how everyone is friendly and nice. Also, the faculty and students have a connection where the students feel as if they were reading to ask any question the students know that the faculty is ready to help.
I love most of the professors, they help you prepare for a four year university. They are very challenging and fair at grading. The environment is green and homey. The library is a great resource and has many places to study-it was my second home. The counselors are awesome and very knowledgeable. The transfer center is very helpful and the staff there are friendly and easy going. The disability resource center are very organized, they really care about their students, they easy to talk to, they help us with our accommodations, and do a lot more for us. The veterans office are a group of people who care and is a safe and positive environment.
Good school with lots of diversity. All the teachers are super nice and helpful. The vet tech course is great.
Foothill is an excellent transfer school. Great, kind professors who genuinely care about their students' success.
Beautiful Campus with marvelous teachers. The honors program is particularly helpful in getting students into their dream 4-year universities.
It is overall a great school. The campus is beautiful with lots of trees. I have encountered many great professors that really encourage us to learn.
Foothill has opened a lot of doors for me and made possible for me to follow my dreams. Being part of the Honors program at Foothill College gave me the opportunity to participate in the UCLA TAP which raises my chances of being admitted up to 97% just by maintaining a 3.3GPA, and I'm transferring with a 4.0GPA!
Thank you Foothill College!
Start Your Review of Foothill College
I went back-and-forth between Foothill College and De Anza College but I finished my community college years at Foothill and got a transfer degree from them. I'm in a lot of great teachers here and it was a fairly easy getting to any class I wanted to. There was a lot of's great support with the stem Center and teachers. I learned a lot of new skills thanks to the school.
Foothill college was an excellent stepping stone towards applying to a 4 year school. The diversity of the campus was refreshing, from all nations around the world, and age groups. The instruction was superb. Instructors were mostly well vetted, with on line class options and multiple times for working adults. I would highly recommend Foothill to anyone seeking either a specific entry into a field such as EMT, Nursing or Vet Science, to completing lower level general education as a gateway to a 4 year school.
I have received the best education and guidance at Foothill than any of the other two schools I have attended. I was challenged and pushed for more. I would not be as successful as I am not if I had not attended.