Florida State University Reviews

6,620 reviews
FSU is a wonderful school that provides a myriad of opportunities for students to take part in their field of interest and get experience in a functional setting! FSU, and Tallahassee in general, need more vegan food options.
The school is beautiful and the classes are excellent. Tallahassee isn't the best area to love as a college student.
So far it has been an overall good experience. The only thing am disappointed in is the hold on all Greek like. While I understand that the isssue of hazing needs to be addressed the kids still can go out to off campus bars and clubs and continue to over drink
Start Your Review of Florida State University
I'm new at the university and I like it a lot. People and professors are friendly. Professors answer any of my questions nicely. The campus is huge that I haven't gotten the chance to explore all of it yet!
I absolutely love FSU. I was weary about attending since my family are UF alum, but I couldn't have chosen a better place. On campus housing is pretty great, but I love living a little further away for some privacy. Academics are A+. All of the required classes were interesting and the College of Motion Picture Arts program that I have the honor of being a part of it superb. The ratio of teachers to students is very small.
Florida State has a beautiful school and lots of opportunities for their students. Most professors are very reasonable. I'm not big into partying though, which is a big thing here.
Excellent experience! The professors are kind and thoughtful. Classes are a little large but none the less the information is the same.
EXTREMELY WELCOMING, various majors available. there is great opportunities for work and excellent class schedules and test schedules. Love the off campus places to live. My mom is a alumni and i am soo proud to follow her foot steps
I really like the university and plan on completing college here because I love seeing my people, African Americans, become great and successful. This college is in one of my top 10 colleges that I am considering for the simple fact that it's a great place where African Americans can go get an education and feel comfortable while doing so.
I am a proud Seminole!! I absolutely adored my time at Florida State University, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. The professors are amazing; they're all extremely knowledgeable in their subjects, they're always willing to help, and they make classes interesting! It's obvious that they truly want you to succeed. There are ample opportunities for student's to get involved on campus, as there are hundreds of student organizations tailored toward any interest! And of course, football season is always a great time on campus, every Saturday you can feel excitement and unity with your fellow Noles all around you.
Florida State University offers excellent academic and arts programs taught by world-class faculty. The University also features a unique sense of community and fellowship with other students.
I attend Fsu pc, I love that it is a smaller campus and you get more one on one teaching. He campus is safer here and it’s beautiful to look out and see the ocean. In Tallahassee, it is not safe and I would not attend there.
Florida State University is an amazing University! It is located in Tallahassee, which is a city that never loses its small town feel. The University is centrally located, with plenty of affordable housing within walking distance of campus. The food and nightlife are top notch. I am formal military and have traveled all over. Tallahassee has some of the best food around. FSU's on campus dining is above average I would say. The professors are top notch, and really care about their students. FSU has been voted the number 2 university for student veterans. They are truly committed to providing the biggest bang for your buck and have received rewards for that as well.
Florida State is a great univeristy. However, there is not very much to do around the area of Tallahasssee.
FSU PC is very small which means you get tons of personal opportunities, which is great! But they don't offer many courses or majors relative to main campus. Only other complaint would be the out of state tuition. In state is very cheap and affordable for such a great school, but out of state is triple that!
My family moved to Tallahassee so I could attend FSU. I thought it was the best college in Florida. The first few years were alright. I enjoyed my classes. Up to senior year, things went smoothly. I had joined an honor society and received scholarships. Then the college started to lose its charm. The "party school" reputation seemed fun at first, but it’s not. There is not enough emphasis on academics. Drinking is just part of the culture, and FSU has been lax on it. Even professors said the school invests more in extracurricular activities. Although my last semester was the most challenging, I couldn't wait to graduate. I had asked the college for help with an emergency. FSU has a program for people who ask for help and it was a lifesaver. I realize I trusted the staff at FSU. I got relief. Yet, similar incidents continue. Until FSU puts a stop to what’s wrong with its “wild” culture, and becomes more selective, it is just average.
Great school with so many learning as well as extracurricular opportunities. Very diverse and amazing school culture and spirit.
Start Your Review of Florida State University
My experience as a freshman was an experience to remember especially first time away from home . I had to learn to cook,take.the bus to school,meet new friends,but I have to say the people.were friendly,welcoming, and made my first year not so home sick.
I live off campus and I would recommend both side on campus and off campus but they need more dorms
especially for ist timers .The curriculum is flexible and a lot of diversity at the college.The President made a hard decision to close all Frat houses which
was for the safety for everyone.I would recommend FSU.Go Noles.
My experience at Florida State exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere of the campus, the academics and passionate professors, as well as the tradition the school holds really made my overall college experience unforgettable.
I am in my second semester of grad school at FSU. I have attended a few different universities in my academic career. I can say without a doubt that this is the smoothest transition I have ever been through. Everyone I have dealt with has been extremely patient and willing to help with any concerns I have had.