Florida State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Atlantic Coast Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.396 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.419 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.416 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies520 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies397 Graduates
Political Science and Government374 Graduates
Exercise Physiology360 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 245 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.545 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.655 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 260 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.256 responses
Florida State University Reviews
I received a high quality education at FSU. I liked the newness of many of the classrooms (implementation of Smart, up-to-date technology) that somehow did not sacrifice the traditional, historical aesthetic to do so. I felt I received a Mona Lisa Smile experience at the in-state tuition price! There was huge versatility of choice in majors and program-specific internship opportunities. Most of all, I was serviced with fantastic one-on-one advisor attention throughout my entire bachelor's course (4 years). Excellent free help labs (economics, accounting) and tutoring services. Excellent gym.
My experience at FSU was amazing. When it comes to college, it's all about what you make it. I personally became very involved on campus which made it easier to socialize with people from different backgrounds. Greek Life is huge at FSU. Almost everyone I knew was either Greek or interested in joining. Athletics at FSU was also huge! I loved going to games and the party scene never disappointed. One thing I can say though is that the integration between races lacked outside of the classroom. Being African American myself, there would only be like one other black person in my class. There were organizations that made up for that, but the school as a whole should work on retaining and recruiting more students of color. There also wasn't many African American staff at the university. I personally never had a African American professor, which was disappointing. Overall I would recommend FSU to everyone, especially if you want great academics and a great small town feel.
Florida State University is an amazing University! It is located in Tallahassee, which is a city that never loses its small town feel. The University is centrally located, with plenty of affordable housing within walking distance of campus. The food and nightlife are top notch. I am formal military and have traveled all over. Tallahassee has some of the best food around. FSU's on campus dining is above average I would say. The professors are top notch, and really care about their students. FSU has been voted the number 2 university for student veterans. They are truly committed to providing the biggest bang for your buck and have received rewards for that as well.