COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our First Year priority application deadline has been moved from November 1 to to December 1 to allow students more time to test. All walking tours of campus are canceled until further notice. Virtual events are available on our visit website, visit.fsu.edu. Learn More
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA+
Florida State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.396 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.437 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.434 responses
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.563 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.673 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.256 responses
Florida State University Reviews
There is mental, spiritual, and physical guidance if necessary. If you have any questions someone on staff has the answer and can help you with whatever you need. Academics are top notch and the food is delicious. The kitchen staff is kind and makes some of the best meals around, even if you are looking for a quick snack.
One interesting thing about Florida State University is that there is a circus that is student run and there is no prior experience needed! If you are interested and want to learn they will teach you what you are interested in learning.
Quick Hack: Some of your textbook material can be found online! If you need something specific don't be afraid to look up a pdf version. As for extra help, there is always YouTube and your classmates! Making a group chat and communicating regarding assignments and any confusions may be very helpful!
All responsibility with due dates and assignments fall solely on the student. It is important to remember assignments must be turned in on time and to study the material on your own as well! Exams are a huge portion of grades, so it is best to know the material thoroughly and study a couple hours a week.
Online classes are slightly more flexible, but it is important to watch your lectures and attend Zoom calls as it may help ease confusion.