Florida Southern College Reviews

1,001 reviews
I'm a proud staff member at FSC and find the community to be very special Students and professors are genuinely so engaged and passionate. It's truly a place where inquiry is engaged and one where you'll always feel supported. Lakeland has all the benefits of a college town but is so much more than that too--I love getting to live here as a young professional. FSC is home.
I’m obsessed with the small and friendly community of the campus and surrounding area. I am having tons of fun while getting a world class education.
I am a staff member and also very proud alumnus. Florida Southern is a wonderful institution with a lot of educational opportunities and extracurricular activities for students. I loved my undergrad and graduate experience. I took advantage of getting involved in a sorority, community service, and I was a member of the chorale. I also participated in three internships and studied abroad. Lakeland is great too! It is a tight knit suburban community with a lot to offer college students. There are a lot of really great restaurants and I love the Lakeside Village. Florida Southern changed my life for the best! GO MOCS!
Start Your Review of Florida Southern College
My favorite thing about Florida Southern is how engaged the student community is--both inside and outside the classroom. Students can build their resume through internships, research, performance, service learning, and study abroad. Plus, with 94% of students living on campus, there's so many activities for students to be involved in when out of class. The bonus is the beautiful lakeside campus that makes FSC the perfect place to live, study and work!
My experience at Florida Southern has been very average. The campus is very small with old amenities because of the Daniel Wright architecture. The school attracts one type of person that I do not feel is the right fit for me. The academics and learning style here is very good and teachers are very willing to help.
Beautiful campus, great people, amazing staff. Love it there so much. Home away from home. Never would have thought I would have loved being at school so much.
Great academics, faculty members are really nice and they explain everything really good. Residence buildings are good, with a great view, good location, beautiful campus, sports teams are really good, it is really fun to watch the games because the school spirit is awesome!!! The student-athletes are incredible, doing both things at the same time, academics and sports at a 100% !!! I love my school :)
This school has been amazing to me. My advisor was so helpful with enrolling me. Along with the finance department. My professors are so informative and understanding. The other students are eager to learn and that helps stay focused. It's not cheap but worth the price. The flexibility is incredible.
I visited Florida Southern for a short weekend for a soccer ID camp I attended there, and the campus is beautiful! Very clean and well-kept. They have received many academic awards, as well as awards for how their campus looks. I just think the architecture looks a bit strange next to all of the modern things they have there- Frank Lloyd Wright designed most of the school, and his design is a bit eccentric.
Florida Southern College personalizes its approach to education through engaged learning, which means that whatever field you're in, you'll get involved and hands-on experience with materials and professors who seek to know you personally so that they can do their job to the best of their abilities. Lakeland is a bustling town with both a great regional location and downtown area, but there's so much to get involved with on-campus that even if you didn't go out often you would never be bored (except by choice)!
The school is great for academics and involvement of professors, but the social aspect is pretty restricted and some of the campus policies create more of an issue than they solve. I would say my experience here is good, not great. I can’t complain too much because the academics are good and that’s what I’m in college for. I would try and change some social aspects and policies that are outdated and restrictive to mostly the upperclassmen.
The campus is beautiful. The teachers are amazing. My favorite part is the close knit community that Florida Southern Mocs have established and maintain.
I have had a great first semester. The dorm room is spacious and there are 4 guys to 1 bathroom. There are decent choices for food on campus. My classes were small in number and my advisor was very accessible.
Being able to switch majors was easy and Doesn't put you behind. Athletics are competitive, and facilitate outstanding. The food has much to be desired.
It was interesting going to a small college when all I was exposed to was the large college atmosphere. But the ease in making friends, getting a name out on college, joining different clubs, and exploring the local area made this decision easy and worth it. They were pretty generous with the scholarships and it was nice having a home-like vibe at college.
I absolutely love Florida Southern. Florida Southern has such a community filled atmosphere. There are so many opportunities for every student on campus. This year I got involved in Greek life, and it has been the best decision I have ever made. Finally, the professors at Florida Southern are very personable. I have had many professors give me extra help when I did not understand an assignment very well.
FSC is an alright academic school, but there are reasons so many people transfer out. The dorms are gross, besides Nicholas and Wesley, which only freshman live in. There are 0 parties because there is no off campus housing for ANYONE, besides commuters, which is bizarre. The "parties" get busted an hour into them. If you're looking for a college experience DO NOT come here. Sororities and fraternities are MEDIOCRE and the only reason people go here is because of sports scholarships or they had no friends in high school. highly dislike, and would never recommend. Its in the middle of nowhere Mason's is the only club and its so boring. Not even that close to the beach. The campus is also disgusting there is nothing nice about it.
Start Your Review of Florida Southern College
Florida Southern is a very student involved campus! There are countless clubs and organizations to get involved with including many that specialize in helping other students with their studies.
I'm a current student. I love it so far. It's a fairly small school, but that keeps students from falling through the cracks like my friends at big schools say can happen. Several of my professors email if you don't come to class, which I think is sweet; they care and want to see you succeed, but you have to put effort in on your side. I think this is a school that is overlooked in the initial college selection process, but it's a place where most students are happy they ended up, and would not want to transfer out of. Lakeland is great, and not far from Orlando, and even closer to Tampa.
It's a good academic school, with a slightly higher than normal amount of, for lack of a better word, "weird people".