Florida Southern College Reviews

1,029 reviews
Florida state college has a very welcoming atmosphere and is a very academic campus. The students are very diverse and the professors are very helpful. This campus is a very safe and great for students.
I was at Florida southern for 2 years but decided to transfer because i wanted to go to a better school for my major which is graphic design. The teachers were nice and helpful but some were a little scatterbrained. I enjoyed my stay while i was there though.
Class sizes are smaller than other colleges, which makes it better for your professor to connect with you.
Start Your Review of Florida Southern College
Florida Southern College offers a lot to their students. Academics, athletics, sororities, fraternities, clubs, and everything you need to make your college experience one to enjoy. As far as changing anything, well, I wouldn't change a thing.
This college is the best one in the state of Florida! I am a second year student who is a commuter, and I absolutely love this school. The campus is beautiful, and the opportunities here are unbelievable. If I had to change one thing about the school, it would be the availability of parking on campus. You have to get to campus an hour before your first class starts in order to actually get a parking spot. The campus itself is beautiful, however. It is Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, so the campus is known for the way it's built. All of the professors here are amazing as well. All of them want their students to succeed, and that fact is very apparent.
I like how friendly the environment is there, however I very much dislike the passport program and wish it were removed as a requirement.
This school should be the poster child for the age old saying "looks can be deceiving." The administration only cares about the money coming in from Publix to build unnecessary murals and buildings. They keep admitting more than they can serve, causing the continuing students to be forgotten about. They need to expand the campus and build more residence halls before even considering bringing in more students.
Great place that will give their best and attention to every student there. Everyone there really cares for the student's education, safety, and experience.
Florida Southern gave me the chance to build close relationships with majority of my professors. As a result, I was able to excel academically and professionally, while developing good principles under their guidance.
My favorite thing about my school is the size. Going to a small school never appealed to me when I was applying for colleges, but the minute I stepped foot on campus I knew it was for me. I love the small class sizes and the close relationships I have formed with my professors. Being able to talk one on one with a professor whenever I have needed has helped me to excel. Whenever I have questions regarding my education I know that they will be answered.
I really enjoy the environment. Everyone is committed to doing their best whether it be the professors or the students. I've never had a bad experience at the college.
I love the faculty to student ratio at Florida Southern College - I have great personal relationships with all of my professors and I love it. I would like to see a change in their buildings, lots need repairs and technology updates.
As a African American, academically sharp student, I would say that for my first year attending Florida Southern College, I honestly enjoyed it. Why?
1) The people I've met are quite respectable, kind people. Though it is a majority-white institution, I personally have never faced any sort of racism. Furthermore, I generally feel included.
2) I enjoyed all of my professors that I have had over my first two semesters at FSC. I took shards of knowledge away from certain classes.
3) I enjoyed some of the campus events. I attended theatre productions, jazz performances, lectures (e.g. "Child of The Sun"), and more. Personally, as a person who does enjoy learning new things, I enjoy such events. Others may not be as interested, and that is understandable. To each, his own.
4) Most of the professors care.
Florida Southern College came to my High School for college night. They explained all their academic advances and clubs.
I was so nervous being 17 hours away from my family but the admission team and other faculty members at FSC have made this transition so easy. The campus has such a family-oriented feel, it's hard not to love it!
The best thing about Florida Southern is the people. Faculty, staff, they are all kind and willing to help. Due to the small class sizes, we are taught by full-time faculty, most of who have the highest possible certification in their degree.
It’s a super friendly small school that makes you feel extremely welcome!! I’m so glad Matt has been so helpful in the college process and I’m so glad I chose Florida Southern!
Start Your Review of Florida Southern College
I really loved attending Florida Southern College. They have a wonderful environment and really encourage students to excel. The professors do everything they can to help you succeed. You can not ask for a better college.
The only real thing that I liked about the school was the athletics and the small classroom sizes. The campus is small allowing for easy maneuverability but the living arrangements are average at best.
The campus at Florida Southern is beautiful ad the people are very helpful. My father and I went on a visit here and within minutes students were asking us if we needed help finding anything. The campus looks out over beautiful Lake Hollingsworth and it very clean and well maintained.